GM Colbert: This is most immature draft class I've seen

Jville

Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS -- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert thinks this year's draft class is the deepest he's seen, but it's also the most immature class he's evaluated in his 30 years in the profession.

This assessment should bring surprises and drama to this year's draft.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326826/article/steelers-gm-colbert-this-is-most-immature-draft-class-ive-seen[/urltargetblank]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I took that more as a statement about the number of underclass men than a comment about perceived issues among the players.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yeah i did as well. The Steeler GM said the same thing and he was just referencing how hard it is to adjust mentally to pro football as a younger man not specifically attitude problems.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well Johnny Manziel alone adds a lot of immaturity to this class :D

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
What I heard him address was physical and emotional maturity. He also expressed a sense of responsibility in addressing a need for enhancing player development because of the inclusion of so many younger players in this draft class.

There are spots where any specific team needs mature players and spots where a developmental player can be accommodated. So, the mix of maturity and immaturity will vary from team to team as well as position to position.

I am suggesting enhanced maturity/immaturity considerations should have an impact on how teams will play this draft, from pick to pick, as compared to recent drafts ... i.e. more drama and surprise this year.