Aaron Donald

kearly

Reaction score
Can bench 500, is expected to run in the 4.7s at 290, and he did this last season:

[youtube]u3YKvx6LcBs[/youtube]

holy shit.

Time to trade up?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
heard his arms are like 31 inches that might be a deal breaker.

danp1990

Reaction score
I guess if hall of famer was in this years draft. Physical bio 6.1 247lbs arms at 31 1/4 inches...Thats a deal breaker :/ !??? Listen by know means am I saying Aaron Donald is the next John Randle but he has the most underatted value on defense in this whole draft! We saw the similarities between QB Frank Tarkenton 6ft to the dot and Russell Wilson 5.11ft would you say"ahh he's to short"!? Or knowing what you know now do you just eat your previous words??? A player is not mesured only by his physicsl traits but by his performance, heart/love for the game, film study, work ethic. I think have watched all or most of his interviews if not all he's a smart and very physically gifter player! And with our Defense Coordinator/D-line coach Dan Quinn he could definitely be far better than he already is...STOP GETTING SO COUGHT UP WITH WHAT ANALYST SAY, WITH WHAT THEIR VIEW OF WHAT A HOME RUN DRAFT PICK IS. Point is Aaron Donald is a hell of a player! IMHO the best defensive talent in this years draft because of his continuing motor.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I can only hope that 29 teams overlook him for his height/arms and we pick him as the BPA but I can't see it.

cover-2

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":9492gdnb said:

His arm length is fine. Donald has unusually long arms for his height. His arms are an inch longer than DT Will Sutton who is the same height as Donald. Donald arms are probably longer than a DT who is now being talked about as a mid-1st round prospect, Florida St DT Timmy Jernigan.

IMG 0243 Aaron Donald

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm hoping and praying that Donald or Hageman make it to #32 and that we then pick one of them. I agree with what a lot of others have been saying that DL is going to be the value pick at #32 most likely.

One thing that makes Donald even more impressive to me, excluding the bowl game when Pitt went nuts and had 7 sacks, Donald had 10 sacks and the rest of the TEAM had 8. So he had no real extra DL help and he still put up crazy numbers.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I have said this in a few different threads. Us picking him at #32 is my realistic dream scenario this year. He won't make it to #32 but if he does....oh man

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Watching his tape and Hagemans' and there is no comparison. Donald is incredible and most have him mocked in the late first to early second but I doubt he lasts that long. If he can make it past the Bears we might have a chance though. I am so glad this draft is as stacked as it is that we might have a shot at this guy.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
With a 77 inch wingspan, his arm length shouldn't be such a big deal.

Can you imagine lining him up as a goal line full back in addition to him being a 3 tech?

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
kearly":35wmxivi said:
Can bench 500, is expected to run in the 4.7s at 290, and he did this last season:

holy shit.

Time to trade up?

Last year, I desperately dreamed of somehow getting Sheldon Richardson.

I would be stoked if we got him in round one somehow (even trading up).

What do you think it would take to trade up to get him?...probably somewhere around where the Cowboys would pick in round one?

Only issue to me is...did we give Jordan Hill enough opportunities yet?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":3d7hg6zu said:
kearly":3d7hg6zu said:

holy shit.

Time to trade up?

Last year, I desperately dreamed of somehow getting Sheldon Richardson.

I would be stoked if we got him in round one somehow (even trading up).

What do you think it would take to trade up to get him?...probably somewhere around where the Cowboys would pick in round one?

Only issue to me is...did we give Jordan Hill enough opportunities yet?
Jordan Hill on his very best day will never get into backfields this fast.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
So many ways to go.

I'd say that trading up is very unlikely. Seattle would have to really see special things for him in his future. Really we'd have to consider him the next Atkins in my estimation.

Last year, we had a desperate need for a 3 tech rush lineman. And despite that desperate need, we didn't move up then either. This year we don't have that need. Unless the move up was just a handful of spots, or the aforementioned expectation of greatness -- I don't see us moving up.

It would kind of defy all of the Schneider drafts up to this point. We're short on our desired quota of picks already. Such a move would be very out of character for us.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I would flip if Donald fell to us (and it's entirely possible.) But with how good this draft is, from top to bottom, is it worth sacrificing picks for one player if that's the case?

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Donald seems like the real deal. Hageman, perhaps a little less so. IMO, at least one of the top few picks this year must be a DL guy. IMO, when a team targets a particular player or two, especially in the first few rounds, they better have a "plan B", without spending draft capital to move up because those guys are very likely gone.

My "plan B":
DE/DT-Kareem Martin, North Carolina, 6-5-7/8, 272, 4.82/40 (4.70=low 40), 10.0" hands, 34-3/8" arms, 84-1/4" wingspan (over 7 feet & # 2 wingspan at the Senior bowl).

-2013 Stats: 82 total tackles, 11.5 sacks, 21.5 tackles for loss, 3 passes broken up, 14 QB hurries and 3 forced fumbles. Martin is currently a round 2-3-4 possibility and should have plenty of room to add another 15-25 lbs. of muscle if needed. IMO, he plays both the run and the pass rush equally well from what I've seen and would be an excellent addition to the Seahawks defensive rotation.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
cover-2":3a2yigz0 said:
Lynch Mob":3a2yigz0 said:

His arm length is fine. Donald has unusually long arms for his height. His arms are an inch longer than DT Will Sutton who is the same height as Donald. Donald arms are probably longer than a DT who is now being talked about as a mid-1st round prospect, Florida St DT Timmy Jernigan.

IMG 0243 Aaron Donald

according to espn.com Donald's arms are 31 5/8 inches long. Their are like five top tackles in this draft alone with 35' inch arms. It could potentially be a problem for Donald at the next level. Kelcy Quarles and Brent Urban won't have that problem they are my two picks for Seattle at 32. Quarles and Urban should shine at the combine. Either could be the 3 down DT Seattle could use for the long term.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
At some point you need to look at tape and production and get past arm length( he was far and above all other DT's in college this year). Donald is an absolute force and we would be very fortunate to even have a shot at him. I guarantee given the choice the Seahawks pick Donald over Urban or Quarles.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":2qjiw3gd said:
according to espn.com Donald's arms are 31 5/8 inches long. Their are like five top tackles in this draft alone with 35' inch arms. It could potentially be a problem for Donald at the next level. Kelcy Quarles and Brent Urban won't have that problem they are my two picks for Seattle at 32. Quarles and Urban should shine at the combine. Either could be the 3 down DT Seattle could use for the long term.

His short arms make it difficult for him to wrap up and make a tackle. That's one reason he struggled against the run this year. There's a good chance he's another great college DT who never succeeds in the NFL.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
It seems Aaron Donald has carried the momentum of his Senior Bowl performance to the Combine, though he’s yet to work out. I’m told the Seattle Seahawks brass love Donald. In fact source mentioned the Seahawks made Donald a lot of money based on the way they played their defensive tackles in 2013. Yesterday I mentioned Donald is expected to run in the low 4.7’s during his workout on Monday. Today I was told he’s been running in the high 4.5’s/low 4.6’s in training recently.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9434