Friday notes at the combine for anyone who missed anything

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tried to fit all the measurements, news and gossip into one place.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/everything ... bine-today

Really intrigued to see how Troy Niklas performs tomorrow. I think if the big receivers go early, that's a more likely option at #32 than just another average size receiver. Would love one of the better DL's to fall but doubt it. Demarcus Lawrence is one to watch on Monday.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Interesting article, maybe most interesting has zero to do with the draft. Douchebag Harbaugh stealing the headlines.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
That is really strange. I do think Cleveland with all their talent and draft picks have a great chance of breaking out next year.

kigenzun

Reaction score
As far as trading up for Donald...
Is it possible the #32 packaged with the #64 could get us high enough (Top15 say) to draft him?
Or would it take even more, like next years first as well, or something crazy like that?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Colt Lyerla seems to have fallen on his face, what a waste. Anyone of us would give their left nutt to have his natural ability and to have the chance to be a first day pick. He's thrown it all away for drugs and whatever else he thinks is more important than football.

It's not surprising when you hear the story's about how his mom acts around Eugene, getting kicked out of bars and screaming at the bouncers telling them her son is going to be a first round pick. Time for him to move far away from her, and surround himself with positive influences.

McGruff

Reaction score
I know the article focused on raw size, but the guy I think we should watch for at WR is Odell Beckham. Yeah, he's an average size receiver, but he's got good wings span, large hands, and will probably exhibit excellent athletic ability across the board.

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":24voul08 said:
I know the article focused on raw size, but the guy I think we should watch for at WR is Odell Beckham. Yeah, he's an average size receiver, but he's got good wings span, large hands, and will probably exhibit excellent athletic ability across the board.

English was touting Beckham in an article several months ago. He's not an unknown anymore though. Bucky Brooks has him going mid first round.

McGruff

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't say he was an unknown . . . merely that we are so enamored with 6'4" and 220 pounds that we might miss out on a guy who measures smaller but has a lng wingspan and great vertical to make up for lack of height.

Beckham reminds me of a more athletic and electric version of DeAndre Hopkins/.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2ihgybtf said:

I'm a huge Beckham fan -- but really we already have his skill set on the roster. I don't really see him as an option unless Tate walks. And I really like him, which is why I hope he doesn't end up in San Fran.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":20ozd5rc said:
I'm a huge Beckham fan -- but really we already have his skill set on the roster. I don't really see him as an option unless Tate walks. And I really like him, which is why I hope he doesn't end up in San Fran.
In total agreement.... +1.

SDHawk

Reaction score
The way the combine has gone so far, I am really really starting to hope Xavier S'ua-Filo falls to us at 32.