Kelcy Quarles DT going to be combine STAR

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I strongly believe Kelcy Quarles will shoot up draft boards after the combine. Quarles has been interviewed and said he will show up in the best shape of his life. Looking to suprise alot of scouts at the combine. Quarles is the bill walsh ideal 3-tech with the size, weight and ability. Quarles has production in the SEC albeit he played on the same line as J. Clwoney. So Quarles has that chip on his shoulder and knows he needs to prove himself at the combine to improve his stock in the draft.

In another interveiw Quarles said he would work to improve on strength, speed, and flexability. Flexablity is a underrated aspect of rushing the passer for a DT of his size.

Interveiw with Kelcy Quarles on Packers draft website. Lombardi ave. nfl draft Q and A. by Dan Dahlke.

Q: You finished among the leaders in sacks among colleg defensive tackles with 9.5 in 2013. Is your ability to get to the quaterback something unique you bring to the positition?

KQ: "Yes, I feel that it is a very unique gift I have. I have a blend of power and speed that I use to get to the quarterback. Sometimes I just beat the man off the ball and most times I just use my strength to overpower my opponent. Most of all as my coach would always tell me, rushing the passer is all about attitude and want to. If you want to get to the quarterback you just have to want it bad and do whatever it takes to get back there."

Q. Anyone familiar with defensive scheme knows that defensive linemen are often the unsung heroes of the defense. Considering this, tell us some of the things you do well on the field to help your team win.

KQ: I feel I bring a lot of passion and energy to the field. All my life I have been known to be the loudest person on the field or seen doing something crazy. I feel that it rubs off on all your teammates and gets them on the same level as you. Playing football is all about love and passion and I feel I bring that to the table.

Sounds like a Seahawk.

danp1990

Reaction score
Ill still want DT Aaron Donald if Available! At pick 32...only teams really that might have chance are Bears at #14, and Dallss at #16. If we beat them out we have a shot to greatness!!! And if we draft him,"GOD APROVE"! Lol .ill be the first to buy one of his jersey's and that says alot comming from me .if you knew the type of person I am.only walter #71, largent #80, Russ #3,have earned that respect from me.i got nothing against all of the previos great Hawks who have played but I got the deepest belief that if this DT Aaron Donald is put in a good Scheme with great coaches.he'll be a hall of famer.i really hope we have a chance at him with pick 32!:)

danp1990

Reaction score
At the end of the Day "DEFENSE" wins Championships!!! & if this Aaron Donald is part of it 2014 season for the hawks, BOY! Im going to feel pitty for the rest of the league! LOB will look down right Legendary! I mean can you guys imagine RE M.Bennett, DT MEBANE/CLINTON MCDONALD -TO THEIR LEFT "Aaron Donald",and then at LE C.Avrill!??? so many mistakes by QB'S because of the D-line pressure! So many picks are whole DB'S A.K.A LOB WILL ALL GO TO TO THE PRO-BOWL...Man fellas! Doesnt hurt to dream does it?:)

ivotuk

Reaction score
I keep hearing little blurbs here and there about this guy, but i think he's being overlooked because of Clowney. The big question is, how will he do on a line without Jadaveon? If he blows up the combine, Im sure people will take a closer look. It would be nice to get a young, athletic DT that we can keep around for a long time.