'Pit Bull' Bitonio

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Joel Bitonio was I guy I've liked all year when he played with Nevada. While the team struggled, the Wolfpack's starting RB, Stephan Jefferson, turned in successive successful rushing campaigns running behind this guy. His bench was a little on the light side but based off the tape I've seen the guy appears to have some pop in his game. Has some tude' to him, would love this guy as a Hawk.

Joel Bitonio ; OT, Nevada

HT:6-4 WT:302 Off 40:4.97 UnOff 40:4.91 10 Yard Split:1.68 Bench:22 Arm:33 7/8

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Seantrel Henderson seems more like a Seahawks pick. Great athlete with huge upside who could fall to the 6th/7th due to a history of suspensions/personal problems.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3okxcitg said:
Seantrel Henderson seems more like a Seahawks pick. Great athlete with huge upside who could fall to the 6th/7th due to a history of suspensions/personal problems.
Agreed. His tape at Miami was as exciting as waiting in a line at your local DMV office. He does check every single box physically but he has the 'No Mas' (quitter) feel to him. If Cable can reach this guy you have an all pro OT.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":2xgmjl63 said:
SomersetHawk":2xgmjl63 said:
Agreed. His tape at Miami was as exciting as waiting in a line at your local DMV office. He does check every single box physically but he has the 'No Mas' (quitter) feel to him. If Cable can reach this guy you have an all pro OT.

Haha, nice description. I think with a stacked roster like ours it's the sort of gamble we can afford, especially if Giac stays. Still, hope he'd be the second O-lineman we take.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Henderson was on our list of guys. He absolutely cannot cut block. That's a staple for us. He looks like a beached whale flopping onto the ground and doesn't even turn himself into an obstacle.

Athletic yes. Doesn't play athletic.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I too, was all oooh la la Seantrel when I started this process, but have been totally unimpressed with his body of work the last 4 years, and dang, I though this thread was about Bitonio...

Quick .Net reality check poll:
For reals...
In the 5th thru 7th rounds... as a project...

Who would rather spend a late round pick on: A) Joel 'Pit Bull' Bitonio, who, with lesser raw talent, would likely work his ass off to make the practice squad, let alone the team as a backup...
OR
B) Seantrel Henderson, who apparently has all the measurables, but no one can seem to get through to... and appears to lack the heart, work ethic, and love/dedication to the game to ever become an NFL starter...
?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
^ Pretty sure I've seen Bitonio mocked in the 3rd in a few places. If he's around on day three, it won't be beyond the 4th round.

As for Henderson. It's not his cut blocking I'm scared of, and though it can be horrible, I can initially forgive a man over 6,7" and 330lbs. I'm doubting the heart. Is it worth the last pick in the 6th/7th to find out? I think so.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Henderson committed to Pete at USC but changed after the sanctions hit and Pete left. That might come into play if he's there in the 5th or so.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Did a little digging on the relationship of these agility scores (10 yd/3 cone/shuttle).

Here's what I detailed over on seahawksblue draft forum

On the short burst/flex skills (10 yd/3 cone/shuttle), Bitonio put himself in the Lewan/Matthews class. Those three are kind of separate from all the other OTs in this class on those three skills combined. Would keep a close eye on him. He likely won't be available at 64 with those scores, but could be.

His scores were better than Eric Fisher, Joeckel and Kyle Long from last year. The only guy in 2012 that came close to these scores (but didn't equal them) was Matt Kalil. And if you look at 2011, the only one to get close (and still didn't beat these scores) was Nate Solder. That's elite agility. And those are all quality starting NFL tackles. If that kind of agility is part of the SPARQ scoring system then Bitonio is going to rate very very high on that metric. If you've come to expect a 'who the heck is that' with Seattle's first pick in the draft -- this guy would be a good candidate for that.

The relationship between nailing all three of these agility drills and the prospects of having a successful NFL career is pretty much automatic. Many prospects do well on one of them. But to excel at all three is rare. And it almost always forecasts NFL success.

This class may not be perceived as good as last years by some. But in terms of agility, this class has as many good scorers on these metrics as the last three drafts combined. And all of the other ones to score so well were drafted in the top 17 overall picks. Matthews and Lewan should continue that. But Bitonio looks like a real outlier in terms of draft stock.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Saw that shit on nfln and thought Cable must be on the phone to Pete begging for this guy in the second.

I'm still struggling with 32, but I'm down to ASJ, Tuitt, Aaron Donald. Don't trust hageman.

At 64 I'm not sure I'd take "bulldog" until i see more and am convinced he can help Marshawn. But since we don't have a 3rd round pick, he might be hard to pass up in the second.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2umjwv4j said:
If I recall correctly, Henderson committed to Pete at USC but changed after the sanctions hit and Pete left. That might come into play if he's there in the 5th or so.

He actually committed a couple of weeks after Pete left, but no doubt he would have been involved in recruiting him. Maybe there is nothing in it, but it would not be the first time Pete eventually got his man (Sherm, Bruce off the top of my head).