Bradley Roby

City Of Reign

Reaction score
With this supposed trend of teams trying to emulate the Hawks D; I've seen Bradley Roby slide down a lot of mock drafts. I've seen a few mocks having him in the early second.

"With Sherm and Browner on the outside and me in the slot, championship!!!" - A. Winfield

That quote is brutally butchered, and I might even be wrong giving claim to Winfield, but the common consensus was that that quote rang true. With Donald and Hageman most likely not making it to pick 32, would you be surprised if pc/js took Roby at 32 to fill that Winfield role?

The more I think about it, the more intriguing it is to me. Just food for thought and a conversation starter.

Laloosh

Reaction score
If we found a rookie for the slot, I'd be a happy camper. Thurm is likely gone and isn't Lane better at playing outside?

OP
OP
City Of Reign

City Of Reign

Reaction score
If I remember correctly I actually think Lane has even said he's more comfortable on the outside.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Interesting. So draft an elite slot guy to go with an elite and near elite outside corners. It is a luxury we can afford. Is it almost too much though? Humblethug and Shead are waiting in the wings and Jeremy' staying in my' Lane is my personal fave to have a mini break out year. In the second, yeah.

randomation

Reaction score
Roby got embarrassed by Abby with Joel Stave as qb not that impressed to be completely honest, player I would most want who will likely be available at 32 would be Yankey

OP
OP
City Of Reign

City Of Reign

Reaction score
We all know, or atleast I thought most of us know that Jared Abracadabra(*sp) is a vastly underrated route runner. I will give you that that was a bad game; but I won't let it dismiss a while body of work that is rather impressive imho.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
randomation":302crlgb said:
Roby got embarrassed by Abby with Joel Stave as qb not that impressed to be completely honest, player I would most want who will likely be available at 32 would be Yankey
That dude is not chopped liver. He is underrated and I think he will be more athletic than anticipated. He's not a sleeper, but if he was, he would be in a coma. Has the skills to pay the bills in the NFL RIGHT NOW. A taller version of Brandon Stokely IMO.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
City Of Reign":3o0d3r4z said:
We all know, or atleast I thought most of us know that Jared Abracadabra(*sp) is a vastly underrated route runner. I will give you that that was a bad game; but I won't let it dismiss a while body of work that is rather impressive imho.
Roby will likely still be a starting caliber CB, getting worked for one game or not, he would lock down the slot if we selected him.

randomation

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":vdo224tz said:
randomation":vdo224tz said:
That dude is not chopped liver. He is underrated and I think he will be more athletic than anticipated. He's not a sleeper, but if he was, he would be in a coma. Has the skills to pay the bills in the NFL RIGHT NOW. A taller version of Brandon Stokely IMO.

Trust me I love Abby but you have to understand just how terrible Stave is, that Abby made him look marginally decent this year is frankly amazing.

OP
OP
City Of Reign

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Bad QB or not. You are using one game to tear down an entire man's career. Need I remind you how he dosed Allen Robinson in Whiteout.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
City Of Reign":39auvovg said:
Bad QB or not. You are using one game to tear down an entire man's career. Need I remind you how he dosed Allen Robinson in Whiteout.
^This. I agree, one bad game against a guy with solid talent, anyone can get worked. He has demonstrated the ability to consistently nullify WR's, with a couple of exceptions.

OP
OP
City Of Reign

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Here's a good example. T.Y. Hilton, who is far from an elite reciever, burned us when we played the Colts. Does that mean the L.O.B. Had a bad game or that they are garbage?

randomation

Reaction score
City Of Reign":1bf6vuiu said:

From what I saw he is extremely susceptible to double moves Abby excels at route running and getting open I think a good nfl slot receiver would eat Roby alive he is much better on the outside I think then inside.