LB Prospects

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm going purely off 40 numbers because we know the Hawks like speed at LB.

Telvin Smith - 4.48/4.41
Kevin Pierre Lewis - 4.44/4.41

We don't need a LB as of right now, but Smith and Wright are both FA after this season so I'm sure it will be addressed soon.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I'm kind of thinking LB is an underrated need. I love our LBers, but I kinda get the feeling the PC/JS don't want to put a bunch of money into that group (outside of Wagner). They clearly have a speed requirement for the position, so if guys qualify, I can definitely see them pulling the trigger. Some intriguing names for sure.

EverydayImRusselin":3swjtckn said:
I'm going purely off 40 numbers because we know the Hawks like speed at LB.

Telvin Smith - 4.48/4.41
Kevin Pierre Lewis - 4.44/4.41

We don't need a LB as of right now, but Smith and Wright are both FA after this season so I'm sure it will be addressed soon.

kearly

Reaction score
Kevin Pierre Lewis really stood out in the untimed agility drills today. I was thinking he'd run in the 4.4s for sure. Not surprised by his blistering times. He did seem very skinny though. Built like a tall free safety.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
One guy floating under the radar is Devon Kennard. 6'3, 250 with a 4.70 40. His dad played in the NFL for 11 seasons. The younger Kennard had 60 tackles, nine sacks, plus 10 QB hits last season. Really good athlete and a smart player. He got his B.A. in three years and finished his masters in four. Pete recruited him at SC in 2009 and moved him from starting DE to starting SLB as a true freshman. He could be worth one of those fifth or sixth round picks.

chris98251

Reaction score
You never have enough good Linebackers.

Special Teams are where depth Linebackers can shine and make a huge difference.