Dangerous RAMs If texans don't take Clowney.

blazen2392

Reaction score
The NFC west is looking much more bloody if the texans don't take Clowney. Clowney and Long would just be as dangerous as Clowney and Watt.
Here hoping the texans take him because the Rams would not be dumb enough to pass him up. if we don't get a stellar o line, this our hawk/ram games are going to be brutal.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3h17lopc said:
They already have Quinn who I think is better than Clowney ever will be.

i can't even put my disagreement in words. Clowney is the Calvin Johnson of Defensive ends. Guys with freakish talent at their position always translate.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":y6maok5i said:

Which is why they'd move on from Chris Long if it was between him and Quinn. Quinn & Clowney on the outside with Brockers and whoever on the inside. Imagine if they took someone like Aaron Donald or Timmy Jernigan with their 2nd 1st rounder, lol. They have more pressing needs, but if they did that, O-Line and a good backup QB would be high priority IMO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They can have Clowney. Does he play QB? Sure it would make their D even tougher (on the plays he decides to play), but that defense better start scoring points themselves if they don't draft offense.

For me the scarier part is if they trade out of 2 and get extra picks to bolster their offense.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If it forces them to move on from Long, then the benefit seems to be incremental. Quinn/Long have already been taking our tackles to school for two straight seasons now. I might be more afraid of them pairing an elite Tackle with Zac Stacy.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Robert Quinn is a monster. He should of been DPOY. Imagine Clowney on the other side.

randomation

Reaction score
Personally I don't think Clowny is going to be that great even his coach said he work ethic was only okay physical gifts can only carry you so far. I would be more worried if they drafted say Bridgewater

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1t2nxk8e said:
I'd rather they take Clowney than a QB at #2 overall.
Yep, agree, unless it's Womanzelle, who IMHO will be a shorter version of Ryan Leaf.

TJH

Reaction score
blazen2392":1fn9ninn said:
Sarlacc83":1fn9ninn said:

i can't even put my disagreement in words. Clowney is the Calvin Johnson of Defensive ends. Guys with freakish talent at their position always translate.

Physically sure, but Clowney doesn't have 1/10th of Calvin's work ethic. He could also be the Jamarcus of defensive ends if he isn't careful.

JMR

Reaction score
Hawks fans should hope the Rams blow another top pick on a QB. You are only going to play 1 at a time, and it would mostly likely be a couple years before Bridgewater or Manziel is at a level above even Bradford. They already gave us fits with Quinn and Long. Will be even worse if they can add Clowney and send all 3 at RW.

Optimus25

Reaction score
i hope they take him. he amassed a whopping 1 sack in his last 8 games. his own coach has openly questioned his work ethic. please, please take this guy st louis. imagine if they can pull off sammy watkins and then have him develop alongside tavon austin- now that would scare me. i also don't want them to bolster their offensive line with any of these top 5 O-lineman.

blazen2392":1nfgnerb said:
Sarlacc83":1nfgnerb said:

Aaron curry ring a bell?

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Rams are already scary and with a *healthy Bradford, they are poised to challenge us now. But in their situation, no way do I risk that lofty pick on Clowney. He's not essential to their cause.

Instead, they should pull another blockbuster deal. Trade that pick to the Raiders or Bucs for either teams 1sts in 15, 16 (etc).

Either will still finish near the bottom of the league and with that pick next year, the Rams should let Bradford walk and draft Mariota.

They'd be young, loaded and still have a bevy of picks, current and future. They could position themselves to have all of this with a chunk of those players on rookie deals...very similar to us....and not be coincidence.

It's the tortoise that wins the race. If the Rams pace themselves and resist the urge to make the sexy pick (Clowney) and keep accumulating 1st rd picks, they will ultimately dominate this league. I so hate those gawd damn Redskins.

JMR

Reaction score
Optimus25":gj4kt4mc said:
i hope they take him. he amassed a whopping 1 sack in his last 8 games. his own coach has openly questioned his work ethic. please, please take this guy st louis. imagine if they can pull off sammy watkins and then have him develop alongside tavon austin- now that would scare me. i also don't want them to bolster their offensive line with any of these top 5 O-lineman.

blazen2392":gj4kt4mc said:
Sarlacc83":gj4kt4mc said:

Aaron curry ring a bell?
So right after the LOB made the highest scoring offense of all time look feeble, you're worried about the Rams having two good WRs?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Anyone remember how Freakish Tony Mandarich was? Remember how he turned out?

Cartire

Reaction score
You can almost guarantee a trade since they have two picks in the top 15 and don't even need clowney. They'll turn that 2nd overall into a 1st and 2nd minimum. If they do it right, they'll get a 5th as well.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
blazen2392":1r2kepbb said:
Sarlacc83":1r2kepbb said:

I can't even put my disagreement with your last sentence in words