Kelvin Benjamin with the 32nd pick overall!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
blazen2392":n6z37yp4 said:
He could be a Crabtree for us.

Too mediocre.

I've given up trying to figure out what Pete and John are going to do in the draft. Just sit back and enjoy, no need to burn calories guessing.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dude reminds me of a bigger, stronger Sidney Rice. Am I tripping?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":ns84eed3 said:
-The Glove-":ns84eed3 said:

Sidney Rice can catch.
I guess I should've said "based on this highlight reel"

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While Benjamin is a great athlete, post-combine I think Jordan Matthews would be a better pick at #32 should they go for WR and if he's available. Moncrief is good too but not at #32 maybe in 2nd round or later.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I've seen this dude mocked to us in a few places. If John thinks he's good enough, it could be fun. But like others have said, I've completely given up on trying to predict our pics. It's impossible (in a good way).

It seems to be the popular choice that we're going to get Russell a big bodied WR. This guy certainly looks the part, but he's got some ugly parts of his game. He seems to like making these weird little hops and jumps to catch balls that he doesn't really need to make. Seems to fall down a lot after making catches. I'm sure he has really long arms (at 6'5" he should), but he doesn't seem to like to extend his arms out to make catches. See a lot of body catches in his highlights. I don't know... I don't think this is the guy. At least not in the first. if he's still hanging around in the second, then by all means.

randomation

Reaction score
Hands of stone no thank you; if we want a big wideout in the first round move up to take Evans otherwise there will be plenty of choices in the 2nd with far better hands then KB

CANHawk

Reaction score
randomation":8ik2rpxk said:
Hands of stone no thank you; if we want a big wideout in the first round move up to take Evans otherwise there will be plenty of choices in the 2nd with far better hands then KB

After the combine, Evans seems to be the sexy pick. It'll cost a kings ransom to move up that far. Not John's MO. If they decide that WR is a position of need, expect us to bring a platoon of mid/late rounders and UDFA's to camp. THAT's John's MO.

randomation

Reaction score
CANHawk":2i8nh9jn said:
randomation":2i8nh9jn said:

After the combine, Evans seems to be the sexy pick. It'll cost a kings ransom to move up that far. Not John's MO. If they decide that WR is a position of need, expect us to bring a platoon of mid/late rounders and UDFA's to camp. THAT's John's MO.

I don't disagree I just don't think KB is worth a first round pick period has major drop issues tends to body catch a lot as well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
ludakrishna":22z9w1dn said:
He sounds like a taller Keary Colbert.

That's just scary. Especially since Colbert was at USC under Carroll. Hope Carroll doesn't get too enamored with Benjamin, last thing the team needs is another Keary Colbert type production.

McGruff

Reaction score
KB is a guy I have wanted to like for three years. For three years I've been waiting for the day the Seahawks could drafft him . . .

And for three years he's been nothing but a big tall dude failing at football.

Every year fans keep waiting for the tools to come together, and every year he trots out a big bag of blah . . . and then puts up really bad numbers at the combine that confirm what every one sees on the tape. Tall. Big. But no other skills to speak of.

He's not Calvin Johnson . . . he's . . . I don't know . . . Matt Jones?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
-The Glove-":104qdhys said:

The obvious comparison is big Mike Williams, same build, both slower options who'll have to rely on there bodies to create separation.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
jlwaters1":18fo64ss said:
-The Glove-":18fo64ss said:

The obvious comparison is big Mike Williams, same build, both slower options who'll have to rely on there bodies to create separation.
Nah hes more Sidney than Big Mike

cover-2

Reaction score
McGruff":3cxa42be said:
KB is a guy I have wanted to like for three years. For three years I've been waiting for the day the Seahawks could drafft him . . .

And for three years he's been nothing but a big tall dude failing at football.

Come on man! You probably didn't even know about him until this year. He is a redshirt sophomore, which means we have only been able to see him play for two years, not three.

He had over 1,000 yards receiving and 15 TD's this year, IMO those are not stats of a player who is failing at football.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
-The Glove-":217kigc2 said:
jlwaters1":217kigc2 said:
-The Glove-":217kigc2 said:

Nah hes more Sidney than Big Mike

Actually, he reminds me of Braylon Edwards from Cleveland days. Makes the spectacular catch, but drops the easy one. I won't be surprised if he drops the pen when signing his contract.