So, any early potential picks for Seattle you just hate?

kearly

Reaction score
Honestly, I can't think of any. There are a few WRs I'm not wild about (Benjamin, Cooks) in the first round, but it seems like this draft is mostly devoid of Aaron Curry / Sharrif Floyd type media hype-jobs.

I thought about choosing Kyle Van Noy, but I think even Kyle Van Noy has some value as he could actually be a nifty future replacement for KJ Wright.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Jordan Mathews, but I really don't think he is very "seahawky" and the likelihood they select him is very low.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Honestly, Kelvin Benjamin. He gets alot of love on here but my gut senses bust.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Jace Amaro, not enthralled with him at all. I don't think we would ever draft him but if we did I think I would hurl.

drrew

Reaction score
Kelvin Benjamin is the player many like that I want no part of.

Johnny Manziel and Blake Bortles will both be busts. Teddy Bridgewater will be a top 15 NFL QB, but nothing more.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Troy Niklas is going to be a very good player. I would be happy to take him at 64.

Xavier Su'a Filo, on the other hand, whom nfl.com has mocked to us at 32, is going to be a huge bust. He is weak and got beat constantly at UCLA.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Early rounds? Any potential in line tight end replacement for Miller.

Any receiving skills they have are just wasted in pass pro and run blocking in this offense. Miller could break free when we used the read option, since we've all but abandoned it, inline TE receiving is a lost cause. I was a fan of one last year, no longer.

Rather get a pure blocker much later.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2ao8rwuu said:

Any receiving skills they have are just wasted in pass pro and run blocking in this offense. Miller could break free when we used the read option, since we've all but abandoned it, inline TE receiving is a lost cause. I was a fan of one last year, no longer.

Sorry, but That makes no sense. There are plenty of effective inline TEs.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
David Yankey and Jordan Matthews. It's not that I'd worry they'd bust. Rather, I just don't see them as anything more than average type players. Both guys strike me as players you are constantly trying to upgrade from in the next few years.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2bg9a0qk said:
Lady Talon":2bg9a0qk said:

Sorry, but That makes no sense. There are plenty of effective inline TEs.

I know. But why waste an early round pick on someone that could pick apart seams or threaten the red line and the like just to see them chained to the OL? Your buying their receiving prowess when our offense won't be scheming them into the passing game until our OL can tread water.

There's options in later rounds for light OT's, I mean Seahawk inline TE's that Wilson could throw to if he runs out of options.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ASJ.

Do not want. Sorry Husky homers.

I do however wish we waited a year on drafting a RB.. would have loved Sankey

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":15kftoof said:
Jordan Mathews, but I really don't think he is very "seahawky" and the likelihood they select him is very low.

What makes you say that he is not very "seahawky"? Just curious because I think the opposite. :hmmmm:

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Cyril Richardson. Can't stand mocks that have him going to Seattle. If guard had to be the pick, I'd rather have Xavier Su'a-Filo or Zack Martin as I feel they'd be much better in our system. I'm honestly pretty happy with what I saw from Bailey and Bowie this last year though. Add a veteran and a later round pick to compete with Sweezy, Bailey and Bowie and I'd be fine with that. More concerned about RT and Tackle depth in general though seeing as how Giacomini is a free agent and Okung is injured every year.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":lo4phoky said:
ImTheScientist":lo4phoky said:

What makes you say that he is not very "seahawky"? Just curious because I think the opposite. :hmmmm:

Not explosive on the field, not big play threat, doesn't get separation well on the college level..just very average and overrated going into the draft. That's not what they are looking for IMO. I don't doubt that he will be a solid contributor to some team.....I just think they are looking for more than that. His combine doesn't match up with his tape, which disturbing. The second JS and PC watch the tape he is off their list IMO. He is "Ruskell era seahawky".

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/app ... edmatthews

Great article there if you are a subscriber.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Love Benjamin. Don't like Matthews, ASJ or Martavius Bryant in the first.

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
I try not to rule anyone out because as we all know if the majority of us ran this team we'd be dead last and thank god JS/PC see past the flaws of the guys they draft but here are a few I just would not be excited about:
David Yankey G
Brandon Cook WR
Dee Ford DE
Jace Amaro TE
Timmy Jernigan DT
Anthony Barr OLB
Gabe Jackson G
Cyril Richardson G
Trent Murphy DE

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Pie Romania":2prfzvii said:
Cyril Richardson. Can't stand mocks that have him going to Seattle. If guard had to be the pick, I'd rather have Xavier Su'a-Filo or Zack Martin as I feel they'd be much better in our system. I'm honestly pretty happy with what I saw from Bailey and Bowie this last year though. Add a veteran and a later round pick to compete with Sweezy, Bailey and Bowie and I'd be fine with that. More concerned about RT and Tackle depth in general though seeing as how Giacomini is a free agent and Okung is injured every year.

I think after his combine Richardson is probably out of the picture, but yeah I would really hate that pick too.