Joel Bitonio could be the next Logan Mankins

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Seriously.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/joel-biton ... an-mankins

The comparisons going into the NFL are crazy. And the tape shows similar qualities.

I've not been on the 'draft a guard' side of thinking at any point in the last two years. For this guy, I'd make an exception. Incredible talent. Exciting. Top-20 player flying WAYYYYYY under the radar.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
English, I like the comparison. Since early in the college season when he came up on the draft radar I started to pay attention to 'Pit Bull' as he's one of these Mankins- Hutchinson-Blaylock (thought to be at the time) and Iapati type rare 1st round quality guards. What is your take on Su'a Filo? Is he another one?

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'm not as crazy about Su'a-Filo. Lot of athletic upside. He's better than the Yankey's and Gabe Jackson's out there. I could easily see him going in round one based on upside. His tape is OK. It's the flashes of potential he shows you're buying into.

But I'll take Bitonio over him every day of the week.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He's projected as a 2nd/3rd rounder right now.. would be great to take a WR in R1 and have Bitonio fall to R2

Jville

Reaction score
Joel Bitonio is an enticing subject. I'm always interested in quick feet and lower body flexibility. It's why I have embraced the conversion and development effort surrounding Sweezy and Smith with enthusiasm. I'm inclined to believe Cable is being presented with better waist down candidates each year. I certainly hope that is the trend.

Nice review. Thanks for linking. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think there's next to no chance he lasts until #64. Might not make it to #32.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'll bite, I think I'd be happy with him @ #32 but still hape to trade back about 10 spots and hope he makes it there. Then go WR at #64. If we are unable to re-sign Bennett and can't bring in another FA DL acquisition we might be focusing on DL early.

Subzero717

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":19u2y2ku said:
I think there's next to no chance he lasts until #64. Might not make it to #32.

I was more thinking trade down scenarios. Given the depth of this draft at all positions outside QB, it would be a possibility. However, our track record for drafting WR's and OL is exactly lights out. Although Durham seems to have caught on in Detroit.