Jeremiah Attaochu

two dog

Reaction score
Would some of you with a more wide ranging knowledge than I please critique his
game for me ?

I have watched three full Georgia Tech games last year and it appeared to me that
the Nigerian was uncommonly disruptive. Draft sites refer to him as a LB but is seems
to me he is a tailor made LEO.

I watch with a fan's eye though, not a scouts. Any additional opinion or information
would be greatly appreciated.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Extremely good burst on the snap. In fact, he's really very consistent at that. That aspect is one of those 'jumps off the tape' kind of abilities.

Very good power for a lighter guy. He is definitely far from polished enough to be an active player on the roster.

I like him very much as a prospect. I just think we have that guy already in Mayowa. Attaochu is going to demand a day 2 pick. His presence here would be redundant development depth. However, if we did take him, I would have high expectations of him. Because I think there is a TON to work with and considering our ability to develop players -- he could render Avril expendable after this season. I don't get the same sense with Mayowa yet.

That's too steep a cost IMO, when you consider the depth of talent at WR and OL -- two places where we actually have significant losses and need depth and starter capable competitors right now.

If anything, Seattle needs to get some big uglies at DT in this draft. We're losing some of that run defense edge. Bryant and McDonald were big contributors there. And Mebane, while IMO he's worth every penny of his 5M contract -- still has a 5M contract. He's also getting to that point where considering him for a 3rd contract is probably unwise. Seattle needs to start reloading their run defense. This is a division where all 3 teams want to run and seeing the intense OL upgrades in Arizona and St. Louis -- we are in real danger of having the fourth best OL in our own division. Veldheer and Cooper next year in Arizona is going to be scary. The Rams have a ways to go but they also have come a long way since Monday. And they have the draft position to quickly get a prospect who could be the top LT in our division by opening day.

We are really seeing the bottom of the division stiffening up rapidly. And they're stepping up to the physical standard of the NFC West. This upcoming season is going to be a bloodbath.

Ultimately, I'd like to see them go with any two of the following: OT/WR/TE early. Get a big DT in day 3. Dev CB/LB late in day 3.

OP
OP
two dog

two dog

Reaction score
Thank you Attyla, I very much appreciate your analysis.

I was going to ask you about Telvin Smith as a possible understudy for Bam Bam at strong safety, but think
I've answered my own question. Too much investment for a prospect so far away from contributing.
You've given me another way to value draftees.

Unfortunately, the claim is that the best big uglies run out pretty fast in this draft class. Which would explain
why JS/PC's focus seems to be there in free agency. (Hatcher/Allen....McDaniel). I really would like Aaron
Donald but that looks like a pipe dream.

My hope is that the FO can make medicine again for O-linemen and WR/TE. DT...Ego ferguson probably gone
on day three. How about Caraun Reid or Ryan Carrethers ?
Anyway, thanks again.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Telvin Smith has been pretty adamant that he doesn't want to make that switch. And if you look at the conversion projects we've added, the one thing that is consistent is that the suggestion was uniformly greeted with, "Whatever you want me to do, I'll do it". I think attitude is a deal breaker.

Maybe that stance changes. Smith has the athletic ability to make that switch. We'd have to keep an eye on it. As it is, he's probably a 5th round pick at best. Probably more like a late 6th/7th.

I wouldn't discount him as a possible understudy to Chancellor. Kam is a unique talent and we resigned him due in large part to that very fact. The enforcer role at safety is a HUGE component to our physicality on defense.

Carrethers really don't strike me as a Seahawk prospect. Reid I can see. They will be late (5th-7th round) guys. If you look over our guys taken in that round, testing matters uber alles. Carrethers is not fast/quick or explosive. Also, his 31 inch arms is probably a deal breaker. We HATE T-rex arms here. Reid is a lot longer and tested well above average in flexiiblity and explosion.

Other guys who tested well that would compare:

Jay Bromley (Syracuse)
Khyri Thornton (So. Miss)
Kerry Hyder (Texas Tech)

Some that will need to review their pro day #s

Chris Whaley (Texas)
Brent Urban (Virginia)
Robert Thomas (Arkansas)
Deandre Coleman (Cal)

Additionally, there are some good testing from bigs. Guys who could be drafted to eventually succeed Mebane.

Justin Ellis (Louisiana Tech)
Michael Pennel (Colorado St Pueblo)