Cody Latimer - WR Indiana

pcbball12

Reaction score
6'2 215lbs, 32 5/8 in arms, 9 5/8 in hands

Just got done watching cut ups of this guy. Wasn't sure what to expect as I haven't heard any hype thus far, but I came away so impressed with his film.

Such quick feet, routes are crisp. Tenacious blocker, the best by far I have seen from this class yet. Very, very strong hands. Constantly makes tough, contested catches. Hands catcher that high points very well. Good in red zone and does good job getting position and blocking out and then high pointing.

Not sure where he is being projected, but having not heard a thing about him I am thinking he would be there in the 4th/5th range which would be an absolute steal IMO. I may be going out on a limb here, but right now he is rated higher on my board than Moncrief and M. Bryant (although I think both of their ceilings are probably higher due to freak athletic traits).

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I expect him to be a 6th round pick. He has significant inconsistency on tape. But shows very good promise. He's a development guy but a decent one. I like him better as a receiver than Harper last year. He doesn't have Harper's bulk or blocking ability. I see Latimer as having a lot of tools to work with. Someone that could be a good option in 2015 if we're drafting ahead of need.

I expect he'll drop relative to his expected productivity simply because almost all of the teams needing WR talent will have already filled that need well before Latimer is a consideration. Teams that do so will very likely be looking for depth elsewhere.

OP
OP
P

pcbball12

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":28352o5j said:
I expect him to be a 6th round pick. He has significant inconsistency on tape. But shows very good promise. He's a development guy but a decent one. I like him better as a receiver than Harper last year. He doesn't have Harper's bulk or blocking ability. I see Latimer as having a lot of tools to work with. Someone that could be a good option in 2015 if we're drafting ahead of need.

I expect he'll drop relative to his expected productivity simply because almost all of the teams needing WR talent will have already filled that need well before Latimer is a consideration. Teams that do so will very likely be looking for depth elsewhere.
Thanks for the reply!

I normally agree with you Attyla, but I don't on this one. I don't see inconsistency on tape, not the only 3 games I could find anyways. I graded Harper last year as well and don't see similar players on tape. Latimer shows such quick feet and runs very crisp routes, that was an area of struggle for Harper. And, I actually like Latimer better as a blocker than I did Harper. I don't see a toolsy developmental project, I see a guy that, on tape anyways, is a polished route runner with tremendous hands and is a tremendous blocker. I don't think he has the athletic ceiling as guys like Moncrief or Bryant, but think he is far more polished and ready right now.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
pcbball12":f5kmxdev said:

Just got done watching cut ups of this guy. Wasn't sure what to expect as I haven't heard any hype thus far, but I came away so impressed with his film.

Such quick feet, routes are crisp. Tenacious blocker, the best by far I have seen from this class yet. Very, very strong hands. Constantly makes tough, contested catches. Hands catcher that high points very well. Good in red zone and does good job getting position and blocking out and then high pointing.

Not sure where he is being projected, but having not heard a thing about him I am thinking he would be there in the 4th/5th range which would be an absolute steal IMO. I may be going out on a limb here, but right now he is rated higher on my board than Moncrief and M. Bryant (although I think both of their ceilings are probably higher due to freak athletic traits).

You actually have a "board" with the rankings of prospects on it? Pic or link to it....I find that fascinating.

OP
OP
P

pcbball12

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1k972xib said:
pcbball12":1k972xib said:

You actually have a "board" with the rankings of prospects on it? Pic or link to it....I find that fascinating.
I have an excel spereadheet with each player at each position. Height, weight, arm length, hand size, testing numbers, notes from film, and then a "round grade" (for guys I can find at least 3 games on) which I am going to change to a number system at some point. I haven't put together my big board yet, but at first glance I have him ahead of both of them. Will do that closer to draft time. Not sure how to screenshot from my computer?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
pcbball12":2mx7mk2l said:
ImTheScientist":2mx7mk2l said:
pcbball12":2mx7mk2l said:

I have an excel spereadheet with each player at each position. Height, weight, arm length, hand size, testing numbers, notes from film, and then a "round grade" (for guys I can find at least 3 games on) which I am going to change to a number system at some point. I haven't put together my big board yet, but at first glance I have him ahead of both of them. Will do that closer to draft time. Not sure how to screenshot from my computer?

wow...thats some serious stuff. Im impressed at the dedication.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pcbball12":2hw3zyq1 said:
ImTheScientist":2hw3zyq1 said:
pcbball12":2hw3zyq1 said:

You could use a public Google Doc if you wanted to share it.

If you wanted to screenshot, just use the print screen key on your keyboard, paste it to MS Paint, box out what you want to post, save that picture, then upload it to imgur. You can then link from imgur to your post by copy-pasting the link that starts with

OP
OP
P

pcbball12

Reaction score
wow...thats some serious stuff. Im impressed at the dedication.

Thanks man, I just really enjoy doing it. Very big passion of mine. It allows me to enjoy the draft and the whole process so much more when I have my own feel for guys and not just taking media/other people's word on players. I obviously don't do every prospect (not sure anyone could accurately do that). I did 100 last year, at 85 right now for this year and my goal by draft time is to get to around 150.

OP
OP
P

pcbball12

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1bu3lcai said:
pcbball12":1bu3lcai said:
ImTheScientist":1bu3lcai said:
pcbball12":1bu3lcai said:

You could use a public Google Doc if you wanted to share it.

If you wanted to screenshot, just use the print screen key on your keyboard, paste it to MS Paint, box out what you want to post, save that picture, then upload it to imgur. You can then link from imgur to your post by copy-pasting the link that starts with that imgur will give you.[/quote]

I may do that later. Maybe after I switch my grading system and have my board set up I will share it with everyone closer to draft time.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Need more tape (only 3 games) but early impressions are very positive. His stats and measurable are what you look for and his gametape looked really good. He's got some really confident hands. Everything throw near him, he's plucks the ball our from the air. He's a smooth athlete at 215 pounds which he carries well and there some quickness in him at the point of catch and out of his breaks and he turn his body quickly up field after the catch.

His Pro Day is 11 days away. He didn't perform at the combine, so his drill times we'll be interesting to see. If you seen his dunk tapes on youtube, you know he'll do well in the broad and vertical jump lol. It'll be his 40 time that well gets him noticed, I think. He was given a 3rd round grade by the advisory board. If he can run better than a 4.5 or better at 215-220lbs, he compares very well to Bryant and Moncrief.

OP
OP
P

pcbball12

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":28dnx77z said:
Need more tape (only 3 games) but early impressions are very positive. His stats and measurable are what you look for and his gametape looked really good. He's got some really confident hands. Everything throw near him, he's plucks the ball our from the air. He's a smooth athlete at 215 pounds which he carries well and there some quickness in him at the point of catch and out of his breaks and he turn his body quickly up field after the catch.

His Pro Day is 11 days away. He didn't perform at the combine, so his drill times we'll be interesting to see. If you seen his dunk tapes on youtube, you know he'll do well in the broad and vertical jump lol. It'll be his 40 time that well gets him noticed, I think. He was given a 3rd round grade by the advisory board. If he can run better than a 4.5 or better at 215-220lbs, he compares very well to Bryant and Moncrief.
What you said is exactly what I saw on film from him. Love how confident his hands are, just attacks the ball. Was very surprised I hadn't heard much chatter about him from media/anyone really. Am really looking forward to his pro day (although pro day times are always much faster). I would expect around 4.45 or so. He could be one of those guys that doesn't get a lot of hype, but could go way earlier than people expect. I have him graded as 2nd round right now, would not surprise me at all to see him taken in round 2.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Makes some nice grabs in these and there's some hoops footage at the end to show his hops as recon pointed out:

http://youtu.be/wqSAqtWmXuM

Looks taller than 6'2" to me for some reason. Maybe just towers over the shorter corners (?).

danp1990

Reaction score
COMENTING on the video posted by "SEAHAWKSBMX" got say this kids impressive! That touchdown he had against the Michigan Spartans was arguably against the best corner in this year's draft #31 "Darqueze Denard" so thats really good to see.and the that catch he made over that one guys head reminded me of the catch Golden Tate made in 12 against Miami. I also agree he looks taller yhan 6.2 looks lkke 6.3-6.4ft! Good find PCBBALL12!:)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wow now I like this guy..That catch against Northwestern was sick!I think he a 2-3 rd easy and probaly should be higher than say Matthews

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
My initial reaction was liking him more than Matthews as well. Haven't gone in depth but off the hoof, he's impressive with some strong mitts. Very intriguing guy. R3-5?

IndyHawk":1oihnwis said:
Wow now I like this guy..That catch against Northwestern was sick!I think he a 2-3 rd easy and probaly should be higher than say Matthews

General Manager

Reaction score
After his pro day Latimer's stock is on the rise a foot injury kept him from running at the combine . He ran in the 4.39 to 4.43 range with a 39in vertical at his pro day. There's a good chance he'll be there at 32.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Punt Returner! He has "rubbery" legs that allow him to avoid leg tackles. Maybe loose hips is a better description, I don't know, but it looks good whatever it is.