My Fanspeak Mock Draft - Offesive heavy

TheArtOfHops

Reaction score
Did a quick 7 round mock draft on Fanspeak.com
Went a little overboard on offense, but here's my mock. Could've taken Amaro at 64, but elected to go Bitonio. I wanted to add another DT to the mix, but honestly didn't know enough about the late round prospects to make an educated guess. Would you be happy with this? Shore up the OL and get some big weapons for RW. While adding a backup QB in the same mold and adding another big SS.

G XAVIER SU'A-FILO
UCLA
OT JOEL BITONIO
NEVADA
WR DEVIN STREET
PITTSBURGH
TE XAVIER GRIMBLE
USC
S JONATHAN DOWLING
WESTERN KENTUCKY
WR CODY LATIMER
INDIANA
QB CONNOR SHAW
SOUTH CAROLINA

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I like the 1-2 punch with Filo and Bitonio. I don't think we'll be able to snag 'Pitbull' with our second rounder in reality but it looks good here. I also like the Latimer, Grimble and Shaw picks. Good job, i'd like this draft a lot.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Here's one I ginned up based off of Walter's rankings:

DT RA'SHEDE HAGEMAN
MINNESOTA
DE MARCUS SMITH
LOUISVILLE
OT JAMES HURST
NORTH CAROLINA
RB DRI ARCHER
KENT STATE
CB WALT AIKENS
LIBERTY
WR CODY LATIMER
INDIANA
RB MICHAEL DYER
LOUISVILLE

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I really like Devin street he's 6'3, 33' 3/8 arms, 37 inch vert, and 4.55 40. It's a good start when thinking about what the Seahawks like to do in the passing game.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I wish every GM used optimum scouting's rankings. I'd grab Evans every time at #32. Just using the Fanspeak rankings though I came up with this. Offense heavy early, then switched to the defensive side.

WR MARQISE LEE
USC
OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO
ALABAMA
WR DEVIN STREET
PITTSBURGH
DE WILL CLARKE
WVU
CB WALT AIKENS
LIBERTY
OLB KEVIN PIERRE-LOUIS
BOSTON COLLEGE
DE LARRY WEBSTER
BLOOMSBURG

OP
OP
TheArtOfHops

TheArtOfHops

Reaction score
I like your mocks as well, we have lots of options. I think ideally we need to trade back with our first unless there's someone there that we are in love with. It seems like we want as many picks as possible in rounds 2-5.

Yea, the rankings are vastly different between the 3 options. I usually alternate between Walker and Fanspeak rankings (Altho I love the idea of getting mike evans on our team, it isn't going to happen unless he has a big drop on draft day).

I did another one today using fanspeak rankings (previous one was Walter) and went RT in R1, and by R2 I didnt not have many WRs that I liked who had that value. So I went with a rangy safety who could back up Earl and decided to wait on WR. Then a big body who can get upfield and back up Mebane in 3rd. Then I got Janis in the 4th (perhaps a bit of a reach, but according to the rankings he would've been drafted before the next pick, and I wasn't happy with my other options). Then grabbed the next member of the LOB, big athletic cb who has some great press-man potential. Then a Mauler interior Lineman who Cable could get the best out of as a future left guard (not as athletic as I'd like, but best available OL in the 6th round in this mock imo). Finally I grabbed a nice weapon move TE who is a good route runner and knows how to operate in space and would be a great safety valve for RW.

OT MORGAN MOSES
VIRGINIA
S TERRENCE BROOKS
FLORIDA STATE
DT JUSTIN ELLIS
LOUISIANA TECH
WR JEFF JANIS
SAGINAW VALLEY STATE
CB DONTAE JOHNSON
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
C JONOTTHAN HARRISON
FLORIDA