Prospect battle: Marquise Lee vs. Odell Beckham

Which WR would you rather have Seattle draft?

• Odell Beckham

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Marquise Lee

Votes: 34 56.7%

• Total voters

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]t8KoAJ-Y5MU[/youtube]

[youtube]0vjtNm-Ulws[/youtube]

Last year the 49ers moved from the #31 spot to the #18 spot for the surpisingly low cost of a 3rd round pick. This year, in a draft where GMs want to trade down more than ever, managing a trade into the late teens to early 20s can be done without breaking the bank.

For argument's sake, let's say Seattle strikes a deal to move from #32 to #22 for a fourth round pick to target a WR. Lee and Beckham are still on the board, and Seattle is looking at one of those two guys. Which player would you prefer to see the Seahawks draft?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Beckham, I think he is going to be really good for a long time. Has the speed, the hands, the suddenness to create separation. Going to be an all around great player.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lee is so effortless it almost makes him look pedestrian. I know he isn't, moving like that is just easy for him.

But Beckham looks like he scares the shit out of defensive backs.

All in all, I take Lee, who I think will produce from day 1. And that is the only reason I take him first.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I hope we don't move up to draft a WR in that scenario. I'd rather have a tall, jump ball winning, possession WR for our short, too often scrambling for his life QB than draft the 7th dwarf.

If PC really wants to I guess. I hope the OL toughens up.

McGruff

Reaction score
I voted for Beckham, but watching the highlights, I think we've all forgotten how surprisingly explosive Lee can be. Add the fact that he's got such phenomenal technique in route running. So sharp, so subtle, so sound in setting up his cuts and double moves.

Beckham is more explosive, and I love his sly confidence after the play.

I'd take either, really.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
OBJ for me and it's not that close. Lee's body catching really worries me at the next level.

randomation

Reaction score
OBJ but either would require moving up and if we are moving up screw it move for Evans.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Both very talented. I'd really like to know who is the bigger film buff and who is more competitive to make my pick. But I think I'd lean towards OBJ because from what I've seen he was better at using 2 different gears and made quick explosive movements in his routes to create seperation.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I would be happy with either, but Lee was an easy choice for me. Great route runner with better field speed than track speed. He is a QBs best friend. Reminds me a ton of a young Bobby Engram. Would fit in nicely at punt returner. Just an effortless player who would fit in really nice as a #2 receiver. Despite a slower forty, he looks faster on the field than Beckham does.

Beckham is kind of in that Golden Tate / Miles Austin category, hard to tackle, good balance, good athlete, good hands. Except he lacks the weirdness of those guys, he's more of a "normal" WR compared to those oddballs. I like Beckham's HAM-type personality too, in that sense he's similar to guys like Doug Baldwin and Steve Smith. Beckham has a lot of upper body bulk and plays physical for a smallish WR.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Marqise still hasn't hit his ceiling. He really has only been playing receiver since he came to USC. He was a DB for the most part in high school.

Edit: I double checked and Marqise did play both DB and WR his senior year of HS. So he's been a receiver for four years.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Lee for me, and I'd love the trade up but think it'd cost more than our 4th.

I actually don't think there's much difference between him and Watkins, he'd be great value late in round one.

kf3339

Reaction score
I would easily take Lee. What he showed in his Sophomore year when Barkley was the QB was literally the best WR in the college game. His game speed, ability to get separation and hands that just don't drop passes was a thing to see. This last season he had a very inexperienced QB throwing to him and was hurt much of the time. But this last season means nothing in the scheme of his NFL potential.

With him on these Hawks paired with Harvin and Kearse/Baldwin would look really explosive!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If Mike Evans is still on the board, then neither. Evans would be the choice. Maybe even Benjamin. It all depends on what position gets a run at. Most of the top ten picks are going to be QBs. Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater, etc. So is a chance that Evans could drop.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3g96siic said:
If Mike Evans is still on the board, then neither. Evans would be the choice. Maybe even Benjamin. It all depends on what position gets a run at. Most of the top ten picks are going to be QBs. Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater, etc. So is a chance that Evans could drop.

Prospect battle: Marquise Lee vs. Odell Beckham

There is no "other".

mbtitleist

Reaction score
It's Lee for me. After watching every game he's played at USC I would love to be able to get him on the Seahawks. As was stated further up the thread, his sophomore year was a thing a beauty and shows what he's capable of opposed to his last season when he was injured. And if we end up picking Lee, let it be known that there is no U in his name, it's spelled Marqise.