If Mogan Moses drops to 32?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
The way free agency has played out i'm starting to think it's a possibility that Mogan Moses drops to 32. Carolina who I had taking Moses in the first has no WR's to speak of so you know that 1st round pick is going to a WR. I would say Seattle's main competition for Moses would be Arizona but they could go OLB. If Morgan Moses drops to 32 I think he trumps all WR's not named Mike Evans. Moses fits what Seattle wants in a RT a big nasty that moves other big nasty's off the LOS against their will. The Bookends of Okung and Moses paired with Bowie moving inside to OG would be a total revamped power O-line. Seattle would finally have a O-line to rival the SF's. I loved Giacomini and Moses should pick up or do better than the big russian.

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,379

pcbball12

Reaction score
I like Moses, he is a nice player. Plays with power and has some real pop in run game. Surprsingly good feet for a guy his size. Does kind of struggle at times to get out and seal the edge in outside run game, but overall he is a top 5 or 6 tackle in this class I believe. I believe he will fall to our pick and it would not surprise me to see us take him, however I suspect there are a few players I personally would have rated higher. Would totally be ok with the pick, but there are guys I would take ahead of him in that spot.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":2qm54h4z said:
The way free agency has played out i'm starting to think it's a possibility that Mogan Moses drops to 32. Carolina who I had taking Moses in the first has no WR's to speak of so you know that 1st round pick is going to a WR. I would say Seattle's main competition for Moses would be Arizona but they could go OLB. If Morgan Moses drops to 32 I think he trumps all WR's not named Mike Evans. Moses fits what Seattle wants in a RT a big nasty that moves other big nasty's off the LOS against their will. The Bookends of Okung and Moses paired with Bowie moving inside to OG would be a total revamped power O-line. Seattle would finally have a O-line to rival the SF's. I loved Giacomini and Moses should pick up or do better than the big russian.

Just for clarification. Are you calling it a Power scheme or powerful line? I bring it up because they're not going to change from a ZBS.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Basis4day":2hc2b9zk said:
Lynch Mob":2hc2b9zk said:

Just for clarification. Are you calling it a Power scheme or powerful line? I bring it up because they're not going to change from a ZBS.

It still stays a zone blocking scheme but Moses at RT and Bowie at LG would be upgrades physically over Giacomini/McQuistan and makes seattles O-line more physically imposing.

kearly

Reaction score
He's going to be a liability on pull blocks and lacks nasty, and doesn't show a terribly high player IQ, but otherwise there is a lot to like about him. D'brickashaw Ferguson with less athleticism.

I'm not saying I'd want him at #32 but if Seattle took him understand. Personally I'd rather go crazy after WRs early then roll the dice on Cyrus Kouandjio on day 3.

McGruff

Reaction score
He doesn't seem like a Seahawks type player to me. Strong, but not very nimble, struggles pulling, reaching the 2nd level and reading blocks.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Sounds like a Seahawks Oline men to me, haven't you watched any of there games this year? With that said he will would be a great improvement at RT from last year. Would rather have WR if it pans out, no reason to bash the kid.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
He struggles mightily in pass protection. He was never going to be a First Rounder, but he could be there at 64.

kigenzun

Reaction score
No, thank you. Too stiff & clumsy. And its pretty obvious if you look again... Closely.

His fans should at least consider the possibility that "Moses supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously..."
-from Singing In The Rain

That goes for Tiny, Cyrus, JuWuan, and Seantrel too.

All are essentially huge, hulking, slow guys who are name recognized 'SEC road graders' with bad knees and weight issues.
Sound familiar?

IMO More agility in the Zone Blocking Scheme and better pass protection might be the way of the future on the O Line. Especially for a darting, game-breaking Christine Michael.

I can almost guarantee its a slight reach for Joel Bitonio, or a #1WR talent that drops to us @ #32.

If we happen to double dip early at wide receiver... worry not.

Names to get familiar with as Day 3 OL gems might include: Trai Turner, John Urschel, Corey Linsley, L. Duvernay-Tardif, Austin Wentworth, and Wesley Johnson.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kigenzun":1opkatwp said:
No, thank you. Too stiff & clumsy. And its pretty obvious if you look again... Closely.

His fans should at least consider the possibility that "Moses supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously..."
-from Singing In The Rain

That goes for Tiny, Cyrus, JuWuan, and Seantrel too.

All are essentially huge, hulking, slow guys who are name recognized 'SEC road graders' with bad knees and weight issues.
Sound familiar?

IMO More agility in the Zone Blocking Scheme and better pass protection might be the way of the future on the O Line. Especially for a darting, game-breaking Christine Michael.

I can almost guarantee its a slight reach for Joel Bitonio, or a #1WR talent that drops to us @ #32.

If we happen to double dip early at wide receiver... worry not.

Names to get familiar with as Day 3 OL gems might include: Trai Turner, John Urschel, Corey Linsley, L. Duvernay-Tardif, Austin Wentworth, and Wesley Johnson.

I am with this line of thinking verbatim. Pretty much off of those day 3 guys would do nicely. I'd add Chris Watt and late in day 3, Zach Fulton. Urschel and Fulton should be available at the end of R6.

I am not a fan of Moses. He is very clumsy in space and that's really a requirement for us. At least Tiny showed some athleticism in 2012. Of the three (Moses, Kouandjio and Richardson), I'd prefer Richardson. But really those are #64 type prospects.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2mwkwgw1 said:
I am with this line of thinking verbatim. Pretty much off of those day 3 guys would do nicely. I'd add Chris Watt and late in day 3, Zach Fulton. Urschel and Fulton should be available at the end of R6.

I am not a fan of Moses. He is very clumsy in space and that's really a requirement for us. At least Tiny showed some athleticism in 2012. Of the three (Moses, Kouandjio and Richardson), I'd prefer Richardson. But really those are #64 type prospects.

Indeed.
IMO its quite possible Tom Cable was in town to scout Zach Fulton and Tyler Shatley for the later round (6-7) picks. As opposed to, what we all assume; him there checking out JaWaun & Tiny.