What are your thoughts on Andre Williams?

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I know RB is not a need in this draft. With how much we run the ball though, you can't have enough depth. I've seen many drafts where this guy is falling to the 5th and 6th rounds. After I saw his highlight reel during the Heisman ceremony I was really impressed. Other than that and some highlights I've seen on YouTube I don't know much about him, and we all know highlight reels can make anyone look good.

What are your thoughts on this guy? If he falls that far is he worth a 5th or 6th?

drrew

Reaction score
City Of Reign":19g4078t said:
I know RB is not a need in this draft. With how much we run the ball though, you can't have enough depth. I've seen many drafts where this guy is falling to the 5th and 6th rounds. After I saw his highlight reel during the Heisman ceremony I was really impressed. Other than that and some highlights I've seen on YouTube I don't know much about him, and we all know highlight reels can make anyone look good.

What are your thoughts on this guy? If he falls that far is he worth a 5th or 6th?

I think he's a little too lumbering to a successful career. If he has the desire, he could turn himself into a hell of a fullback, but that's a high pain low reward position, so I understand why a lot of bigger backs don't make that transition.

Threedee

Reaction score
I am surprised he isn't considered an early rounder like Hyde and Carey. I was rooting for him to win the Heisman. I think he'd be a great pick for the Vikings to place alongside Petersen and Patterson. He would also be a great addition to the Browns, who need to replace Richardson with someone better than McGahee to back-up Tate.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Not a very shifty back. Kind of like Turbin -- he is brought down routinely by the first player that touches him. And that includes defensive backs. Has a somewhat upright running style although he can get his pads low on occasion. Doesn't possess a high gear when he gets into the open. Needs to work on patience as a runner. Doesn't let blocking develop. On his successful runs, he doesn't get touched until well into the second level. Doesn't explode out of his cuts very well.

Has strong lower body but it generally only amounts to getting a couple extra yards off contact. A good downhill runner who if the blocking develops quickly -- he is productive. Runs well in between the guards. Kind of a downhill runner. On occasion will turn a negative play into a no gain. But doesn't have the explosiveness to take the ball outside if the interior is well defended. When he turns his hips to the sideline, he is easily pursued and dropped with negligible yards after contact.