Manziel pro day

TDBinOLY

Reaction score
NFL Network and ESPN ran simultaneous live coverage of Manziel's pro day, with lots of breathless commentary.

I think the hype-machine is really getting into gear and will be fun to watch.

Threedee

Reaction score
The ESPN staff mostly seem to agree that Manziel is a mid-round value, and Jaworski said the performance had healed Johnny's image to move him up from late to mid-draft. The funny thing is that every mock draft projects him in the first round, and usually top eight.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Threedee":29oebndb said:
The ESPN staff mostly seem to agree that Manziel is a mid-round value, and Jaworski said the performance had healed Johnny's image to move him up from late to mid-draft. The funny thing is that every mock draft projects him in the first round, and usually top eight.

Which analyst was making a big deal of this last year (or the year before?) where he was lionizing the difference between value/talent and projections? The premise was that he was determining where he thought players actual talent was and where that would land them if every player was picked in order of talent (and not just the fluctuations and mechanations of the draft itself). he had some big named colle QB going in the 4th round. I thought it was brilliant, and had Kipers head in a twister.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
If I were a Texans fan I'd like my team to pick Manziel in round 1 over any of the other QBs in this draft, easily. Same goes for Browns, Raiders, Jaguars, Vikings, Cardinals, etc. If the Cards pick him, that team will be a bigger thorn in our side.

Yeah, Manziel acts like a douche many times, but you can't deny that he is fiercely competitive. He might be a gamble, but the upside is tremendous.

Smellyman

Reaction score
When Manziel busts it may finally shine a light away from Ryan Leaf.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I bet Johnny is going to be a very good football player but it does kind of bug me listening to Mayock talk about him being a better passer than RW all ready. I think I just heard him say Johnny football could be the best QB since Andrew Luck? Really ? All the way back to Andrew Luck?

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":30rreg7o said:

Even JaMarcus Russell couldn't help Leaf. Manziel, if he busts, won't either.

Smellyman

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":1abs1677 said:
Smellyman":1abs1677 said:

Even JaMarcus Russell couldn't help Leaf. Manziel, if he busts, won't either.

just thinking Johny football could become an unlikeable cocky jerk (he already has a bit of that in him) as well as sucking. very similar to Leaf.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Smellyman":t7twdmzz said:

Not really. I dont think he goes that high nor do I think he will be as bad. On top of that the new rookie pay scale make it easier for teams to move on faster.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Manziel has the talent. He has the competitive nature you crave. 10 cent head. Shame.