Ryan Shazier

hawknation2014

Reaction score
shazier.jpg

Of all the players I'm seeing consistently mocked to the Seahawks (Sua-Filo, Benjamin, Ford, etc.), OLB Ryan Shazier is the one I really like. Shazier finished third nationally in 2013 with 144 tackles, and he was tied for second with 23.5 tackles for loss. He also had seven sacks and four forced fumbles. In his final two seasons at Ohio State, he had 269 tackles, 40.5 tackles for loss, 12 sacks and seven forced fumbles. He played at a light weight in college, but he appears to be just scratching the surface of where he will end up physically.

At 6'1, 237 lbs, Shazier's measurables are off the charts for the WLB position. His 42-inch vertical jump was the best of any athlete at the combine. He also had a 10-foot, 10-inch broad jump, which was sixth-best among all the players. And he reportedly ran an unofficial, hand-time 4.36 at his Pro Day. Even if that time isn't valid, a 4.46 would have been a great time (it's what Bobby Wagner ran). Shazier's a tackling machine and fairly good in coverage. He could probably play any of the three LB positions in the event they fail to re-sign Smith, Wright, or Wagner.

If Shazier is still there at 32, then the rest of the league are basically idiots. They will have handed the reigning Super Bowl Champions the perfect player for our defensive scheme and fulfilled our future needs at OLB.

[youtube]wmT5sX7G3xk[/youtube]

Seafan

Reaction score
He won't get past Denver. The Hawks are solid at LB until next year. I expect they will pick up a LB late.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He's such a Seahawky player there is no way he makes it to 32. All the other teams just saw what you can do when your defense is freaky fast and athletic. Teams that want to play D like the Hawks will grab Shazier in a heartbeat.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
But seriously Shazier would be an awesome addition to the D. LB is a need next year but not now so i doubt he gets grabbed but that would be a very seahawky thing to do.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Ryan had a more-stable home life than some of his friends, but he still had adversity. When he was 5, his mom noticed that his hair was thinning and then falling out in patches. Doctors diagnosed him with alopecia areata, an autoimmune disease of the skin that causes hair loss on the scalp and body.

“A lot of people think I’m just bald,” Shazier said. “It probably bothered me when I was younger. I was only 5 years old, the only bald kid in kindergarten.”

Kids being kids, Shazier faced some teasing, but he generally took it in stride.

As he got older, though, the self-consciousness faded.

“I love being bald,” he said. “It saves me on haircuts and everything. It seems like people love it.”

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content ... azier.html

two dog

Reaction score
This is the kind of guy the Hawks completely ignore, right up until they take him with their first pick.
Doubt they will have that option though.