Crazy notion i know!:) Possible Draft trade to Jags?

danp1990

Reaction score
I want to talk about a possible yet hypothetical draft day trade with the Jaguars. The Jags., thanks to Gus Bradley took our released DE's in Bryant and Clemmons, but yet still need LEO DE's even tho Bryant Is a DE he is only put there situationally in run situations as we know. Leaving Gus B. with only Clemmons and Ex-Hawk DE Jordan Babin both 8+yr vets as the set starters.I know every mock draft is saying that the Jags take QB Blake Bortles,or Manziel as the most likely fits or if Clowney is not taken by 1st)Texans,2nd)Rams. But there are plenty good QB's in the Second Round in Which Jacksonville can choose from Like Jimmy Garoppolo Illinois, Zach Mettenberger LSU, A.J. McCarron Alabama, Aaron Murray Georgia ... I could see us trading Bruce Irvin And our 32nd pick to move down to take the Jags 3rd overall pick. Now before you Lynch me! LOL think of what if any great production was made by Bruce in SLB spot, most likely not there in 2014.Was i the only one trying to deny that his Coverage Skills were exposed? Specially against the Damn 49'ers. He is a great Rusher! but he doesn't hold up to well against the Run like DE's Avril, or Bennett could in a very Run heavy NFC WEST.As much as i like Bruce i wouldn't honestly be hurt if we let him go. Immediate Positions of need for hawks are WR,OT,and DT and at 3 overall we could choose WR's like Evans,or possibly even Watkins if not taken by Rams in 2nd pick.even if Watkins was taken by Rams at 2nd overall we could still take OT Jake Matthews Texas A&M, OT who i would like in Taylor Lewan Mich. ,Zack Martin ND, OT Morgan Moses. But my personal favorite! ''DT Aaron Donald'' take im before the rams at 13th im saying that because close sources to rams say they would want Donald at 13. or the later Bears at 14th and Cowboys at 16th... I just cant imagine a better front 4 in the League than ours in 2014 if we get this Donald Kid! No more putting DE Bennett in at 3Tech just let him do his thing at DE and Avril likewise while Mcdaniel/Hill,and if we get donald!IF.. at the opposite Mebane,and Donald maning the 1Tech-3Tech .I say 1tech Because Mabane Lines up quite a bit at the 1Tech occasional 0Tech over Center. This i just my take on that matter, Now it Doesn't have to be Donald a # 3 with this hypothetical Scenario but...''Who Would You Like, If this Trade did HAPPEN and we took 3rd overall in the 1st Round''? Let the Discussion Begin :mrgreen:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
danp1990":z2qvuo16 said:
I want to talk about a possible yet hypothetical draft day trade with the Jaguars.

The Jags., thanks to Gus Bradley took our released DE's in Bryant and Clemmons, but yet still need LEO DE's even tho Bryant Is a DE he is only put there situationally in run situations as we know. Leaving Gus B. with only Clemmons and Ex-Hawk DE Jordan Babin both 8+yr vets as the set starters.

I know every mock draft is saying that the Jags take QB Blake Bortles,or Manziel as the most likely fits or if Clowney is not taken by 1st)Texans,2nd)Rams. But there are plenty good QB's in the Second Round in Which Jacksonville can choose from Like Jimmy Garoppolo Illinois, Zach Mettenberger LSU, A.J. McCarron Alabama, Aaron Murray Georgia ...

I could see us trading Bruce Irvin And our 32nd pick to move down to take the Jags 3rd overall pick.

Now before you Lynch me! LOL think of what if any great production was made by Bruce in SLB spot, most likely not there in 2014.Was i the only one trying to deny that his Coverage Skills were exposed? Specially against the Damn 49'ers. He is a great Rusher! but he doesn't hold up to well against the Run like DE's Avril, or Bennett could in a very Run heavy NFC WEST.

As much as i like Bruce i wouldn't honestly be hurt if we let him go. Immediate Positions of need for hawks are WR,OT,and DT and at 3 overall we could choose WR's like Evans,or possibly even Watkins if not taken by Rams in 2nd pick.even if Watkins was taken by Rams at 2nd overall we could still take OT Jake Matthews Texas A&M, OT who i would like in Taylor Lewan Mich. ,Zack Martin ND, OT Morgan Moses.

But my personal favorite! ''DT Aaron Donald'' take im before the rams at 13th im saying that because close sources to rams say they would want Donald at 13. or the later Bears at 14th and Cowboys at 16th... I just cant imagine a better front 4 in the League than ours in 2014 if we get this Donald Kid! No more putting DE Bennett in at 3Tech just let him do his thing at DE and Avril likewise while Mcdaniel/Hill,and if we get donald!IF.. at the opposite Mebane,and Donald maning the 1Tech-3Tech .I say 1tech Because Mabane Lines up quite a bit at the 1Tech occasional 0Tech over Center.

This i just my take on that matter, Now it Doesn't have to be Donald a # 3 with this hypothetical Scenario but...''Who Would You Like, If this Trade did HAPPEN and we took 3rd overall in the 1st Round''? Let the Discussion Begin :mrgreen:

In before Roland. Paragraphs are your friend, and I don't know what grammar did to upset you.

Apart from that I guess that's an interesting scenario and I too have thought about the prospect of packaging a Linebacker to trade up, though I doubt we're finished with the Bruce Irvin experiment.

If we're going to move up at all in this draft I'd have thought it would involve trading a player as opposed to multiple picks. I would put a lot of money on us trading down during this draft at some point too, as well as a 3rd/4th I think we'll look to acquire another 6th/7th as there are some fringe late round prospects that we'd probably be disappointed to miss out on, especially with the uncertainty of UDFA.

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
In before Roland. Paragraphs are your friend, and I don't know what grammar did to upset you.

Apart from that I guess that's an interesting scenario and I too have thought about the prospect of packaging a Linebacker to trade up, though I doubt we're finished with the Bruce Irvin experiment.

If we're going to move up at all in this draft I'd have thought it would involve trading a player as opposed to multiple picks. I would put a lot of money on us trading down during this draft at some point too, as well as a 3rd/4th I think we'll look to acquire another 6th/7th as there are some fringe late round prospects that we'd probably be disappointed to miss out on, especially with the uncertainty of UDFA.

Thanks Mr.Uk LOL but no, grammer did nothing to me.I just couldn't fall asleep and to stupid at the time to think of paragraphs.

randomation

Reaction score
I think it would take a bit more then just Irvin to move up to 3 honestly at least next year's 1 as well but if that is 32 again I would be fine with it. I personally would love to get Evans, Watkins, or Matthews; I think Donald is going to go much lower then some people think. He isn't at what many teams consider a position of need compared to OL or QB specifically.

JKent82

Reaction score
I'd happily take Greg Robinson at #3.

It'd take a lot more though. Jag's need to turn that pick to be a cornerstone. Not a decent DE and a late first round pick. I think the Bruce+First+2015 First+change might do it. Not sure I want to do that though. Be robbing a lot of positions for just one. And we would be so thin at DE.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
No way Jags would accept that trade, would take our first and second round + Irvin to move into the 3rd overall.

My scenario would be trading M.Lynch to the Jags , plus our first and fifth(32) round picks, Jags would send the Hawks, this years second and third round picks and conditional second round next year , turning into a first round, if Lynch is on the field for 65% of offensive snaps /or 1200 yds. We could maybe even have J.Blackmon sent here as part of a deal.

I know it looks like you aren't getting value this year, but, Lynch has 3 years of HARD yards on the body and has a year maybe 2 left at that level ,so its now that he can bring us the greatest value, and should it turn into a first round next year, I'd think it would be within the top 5, where we could begin using that to trade for future picks, to keep the Hawks young.

I believe its time to get Christine Micheal playing time and be Beast#2

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
randomation":zm77en92 said:
I think it would take a bit more then just Irvin to move up to 3 honestly at least next year's 1 as well but if that is 32 again I would be fine with it. I personally would love to get Evans, Watkins, or Matthews; I think Donald is going to go much lower then some people think. He isn't at what many teams consider a position of need compared to OL or QB specifically.

I have such a hard time seeing the Hawks sink that many assets into a receiver.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":8enid29k said:
No way Jags would accept that trade, would take our first and second round + Irvin to move into the 3rd overall.

My scenario would be trading M.Lynch to the Jags , plus our first and fifth(32) round picks, Jags would send the Hawks, this years second and third round picks and conditional second round next year , turning into a first round, if Lynch is on the field for 65% of offensive snaps /or 1200 yds. We could maybe even have J.Blackmon sent here as part of a deal.

I know it looks like you aren't getting value this year, but, Lynch has 3 years of HARD yards on the body and has a year maybe 2 left at that level ,so its now that he can bring us the greatest value, and should it turn into a first round next year, I'd think it would be within the top 5, where we could begin using that to trade for future picks, to keep the Hawks young.

I believe its time to get Christine Micheal playing time and be Beast#2

Damn man I think it would be so damn hard to part ways with Beast. I think he still has another monster year in him.

The problem will be nxt offseason when he is still around a 9mill cap hit. I think he is a serious candidate to get cut next year so I understand your idea of getting value for him but he is going to be such a big piece of what the Hawks do this year.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
If we trade with the Jags, we trade them the 32nd for the 39th and 105th. Not trade up in the first.

randomation

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":3u0lyxbf said:
randomation":3u0lyxbf said:

I have such a hard time seeing the Hawks sink that many assets into a receiver.

If Evans turns out to be as good as many think he could be having him for 5 years on a relatively cheap deal could be worth it and provide the big receiver target that the hawks have been trying to find.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If the Jag's were to trade with the Hawks they'd likely trade up from their 2nd rd pick to our #32 and we'd acquire their pick # 39 plus whatever we traded down to add to the draft pile, likely pick #114 or #105. That would be a more typical JS trade. Jax would trade up to acquire a QB after picking a solid top 3 player.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3gt2k008 said:
If the Jag's were to trade with the Hawks they'd likely trade up from their 2nd rd pick to our #32 and we'd acquire their pick # 39 plus whatever we traded down to add to the draft pile, likely pick #114 or #105. That would be a more typical JS trade. Jax would trade up to acquire a QB after picking a solid top 3 player.

This is most likely, many of the celebrated QB's have question marks, I see Gus doing a JS/PC move if anything taking one they like at the bottom of the First, there are a few that a would fit in that slot and to jump ahead before the Texans or the Raiders or another team to secure a guy they like. They have upgraded a lot already and grooming a guy or letting him compete while the defense and O line are put together isn't a bad thought.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Jacksonville picks: 3, 39, 70, 105, 114, 144, 150, 159, 179, 205, 222.

The gap between 64 and 128 has a lot of good players, if the Seahawks can trade for their #70 or #105 or #114, that would really help their draft position considerably. If the Seahawks can trade #32 for their 39, and pick up the #70, or #114, that would really help. I hope somewhere in the draft the Seahawks can also add through a trade one or two more 7th round picks. There are a number of higher ranked players that fell due to injury and also a few high upside developmental guys the Seahawks may covet.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":3h58y22i said:
Jacksonville picks: 3, 39, 70, 105, 114, 144, 150, 159, 179, 205, 222.

The gap between 64 and 128 has a lot of good players, if the Seahawks can trade for their #70 or #105 or #114, that would really help their draft position considerably. If the Seahawks can trade #32 for their 39, and pick up the #70, or #114, that would really help. I hope somewhere in the draft the Seahawks can also add through a trade one or two more 7th round picks. There are a number of higher ranked players that fell due to injury and also a few high upside developmental guys the Seahawks may covet.

Would we even have the roster space for 10ish+ picks and UDFA's?