My Mock Draft

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Picking last in the draft makes it harder to project realistic scenarios, but here's my shot.

1st: Dominique Easley DT Florida: Injury concerns aside, top 10 talent who used to play under Quinn in Florida, im not as high on Jordan Hill as others. Would love to trade back into the 2nd and pick him up though, and i believe a qb seeking team will view our pick as desirable to get their prospect on a 5 yr rookie contract as opposed to 4yrs from a 2nd round pick

2nd: Billy Turner OT North Dakota State: Looks like a great fit at right tackle, and with grooming, could have the potential to step in as a LT as well. May seem a bit high, but with no 3rd, i dont believe he makes it to the end of round 4

4th: Jared Abbrederis: concussion concerns and a strong receiver draft could cause his stock to plunge some, but would love to see him reunite with russell. Was tempted to put Brandon Coleman here as an alternative pick

5th(Oak): Colt Lyerla TE ex Oregon: JS continues his track record with 5th high risk high reward. Lyerla has lots of talent to go with the off field baggage, carroll has shown he can work with troubled players

5th: Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley: with Lockette battling legal issues, janis would be an intriguing project to add to our WR core

6th: Philip Gaines CB Rice: fast 40 may make him unattainable with this pick, but would fit in nicely with the LOB

7th: Howard Jones OLB Sheppard: small school sleeper with great measurables 4.4 speed a possible replacement for Malcom smith or KJ that are both free agents in 2015

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Easly doesn't strike me as a great fit for our particular needs. He has the same limitations as Jordan Hill, meaning he's a one gap player and not an option for the five technique. I prefer DEs Ra'Shede Hageman or Stephen Tuitt because they provide more versatility (length, power, and run stopping ability) to potentially fill that role vacated by Red Bryant, as well as provide another option at the three technique.