surprised about Will Sutton

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
I've watched a lot of Pac 10/12 ball over the years and Sutton is a dominant DT. I know his combine performance wasn't so hot, but I personally think based on how we rotate DL in and out he would be a great back up to Mebane. Surprised most mock drafts have him lasting to late 3rd/4th round. If we could snag a guy like Sutton in the 4th that would be excellent value in my opinion.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
VegasSeahawkFan":1700xhpu said:
I've watched a lot of Pac 10/12 ball over the years and Sutton is a dominant DT. I know his combine performance wasn't so hot, but I personally think based on how we rotate DL in and out he would be a great back up to Mebane. Surprised most mock drafts have him lasting to late 3rd/4th round. If we could snag a guy like Sutton in the 4th that would be excellent value in my opinion.
Sounds like he's motivated to me and I would give him a pass on what others told him to do his senior year. Might have cost him being a 1st round pick. http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/4/11/560 ... ing-report

Smellyman

Reaction score
I don't care what a combine says. I would love to see Sutton and Bennett rush on the inside. That wold be scary

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sutton isn't a NT unlike Mebane. I'd pass on this guy who has a hot/cold running motor.

Smellyman

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3omuptqd said:
Sutton isn't a NT unlike Mebane. I'd pass on this guy who has a hot/cold running motor.

sutton is closer to DT than DE but can do both, while Bennett is closer to a DE than DT, but situationally together they could wreck qb's on the inside. Avril and Irvin on the edge. qb's would be poopin themselves

zifnab32

Reaction score
VegasSeahawkFan":36qy5ody said:

He was dominant as a Junior. He was somewhere between average and bad as a senior. Played slow, lacked explosiveness and just disappeared for entire halves. Would be a great pick in the 3rd if he could regain his 2012 form, will wash out of the league if he maintains his 2013 form.

Smellyman

Reaction score
zifnab32":1a1h7t3u said:
VegasSeahawkFan":1a1h7t3u said:

He was dominant as a Junior. He was somewhere between average and bad as a senior. Played slow, lacked explosiveness and just disappeared for entire halves. Would be a great pick in the 3rd if he could regain his 2012 form, will wash out of the league if he maintains his 2013 form.

I am always wary of that with dlineman. clowney wasn't dominant at all last year too. They both had dominant years the year before. the following year after getting doubled constantly Dlineman get tagged as lazy and taking plays off. In reality they are getting beat to hell every play and it still makes there team around them a lot better.