Seahawks 7 round mock (pictures, videos, scout report)

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Have some spare time so I decided to throw something together. What do you think? (All quotes taken from the prospect's nfl combine page)

32. Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
Shazier ohio state 2013 wave arms 61d62d8f73793c83
[youtube]wmT5sX7G3xk[/youtube]
The Big Ten's leading tackler, Shazier flies around the field and his unique athletic ability stands out. Offers a tremendous combination of speed, tackling and coverage skills to become a playmaker as a run-and-hit 4-3 Will or perhaps a 3-4 weakside 'backer if protected by a block-occupying nose tackle. Value is increased by the fact that he will not have to come off the field.

64. Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconson
4e7ea3c27903bimage
[youtube]FKUx0CC7VBk[/youtube]
A former walk-on, Abbrederis went from afterthought to scholarship player to No. 1 receiver. While the blue-collar overachiever lacks exceptional athletic traits for the NFL, he's a steady "X" receiver whose hands and smarts could enable him to work his way into a No. 3 or No. 4 receiver role.

132. Trai Turner, OG, LSU
[youtube]FpkWoyXjgE4[/youtube]
Turner is a squarely built interior blocker built for road grading, though he has not demonstrated the ability to dominate as a third-year sophomore draft entrant. Could obviously have used another year of college experience, but has size and run-blocking potential in a power-running scheme.

146. Dontae Johnson, CB/S, North Carolina State
aHE2b.AuSt.156.jpeg

[youtube]-3VgDSIBx9Q[/youtube]
Wiry, narrow-framed, high-cut, athletic defensive back who started the first five games of his senior season at left cornerback before manning free safety for the final seven contests. Would be best in a predominantly zone scheme where he would have value as a versatile backup.

172. Dri Archer, WR/HB/Returner, Kent State
130814173926-dri-archer-kent-state-heisman-cartoon-single-image-cut.jpg

[youtube]uX4IAY3d2io[/youtube]
An injury-riddled senior season cannot eclipse what an explosive playmaker Archer demonstrated he can be when healthy. Was slowed by an ankle injury early and did not return to junior form until late in senior season. Can make an immediate impact in the return game and add value as a multipurpose threat. Long-term durability is greatest concern given tiny frame.

208. Aaron Lynch, DE, USF
USF.jpg

[youtube]GmvqW7Z9Zy0[/youtube]
A big, athletic prospect who displayed the most potential as a freshman at Notre Dame. Has underachieved since transferring closer to home and shedding considerable weight. Must prove motivated to reach his potential. Finished the season strong and finally showed signs of the talent he displayed as a standout freshman. Could benefit from a strong, mentoring, veteran position coach. Interview process will dictate draft status.

247. Brock Coyle, LB, Montana
Brock Coyle Photo by Todd Goodrich UM
[youtube]lhGskbrMHW0[/youtube]

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
I completely disagree with the first 2 picks. I like the Trai Turner pick though. Abby has a concussion history and Shazier seems like a combine warrior. I could be wrong though, I was pissed when we drafted Russ :)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the first two picks or Dri Archer, but I like the rest.

Shazier is the type of player I love watching. Speedy, instinctive, and plays with hustle (tho I wish he was stronger), but unless the plan is to move Wright back to SAM and Irvin to defensive end, it doesn't make sense to draft him and have Wright and Smith sitting on the bench.

I understand the thoughts for drafting him as he's an elite athlete, but I don't think we need a weakside linebacker for the future this year. If the Seahawks don't re-sign Wright next season, IMO, they can find a replacement in the draft next year. The high-end, non-pass rushing WLBs like Shazier are almost always available at the bottom of the first round to mid-2nd.

In a sense, they are like the running backs of the defense; under-valued and can start year one and contribute: Lavonte David, Michael Kendricks, Bobby Wagner, Arthur Brown, Alec Ogletree, Kiko Alonso all come to mind as players the last two years that were around late-first to late-2nd that have produced for their teams.

With Abbrederis I'd prefer a receiver with size and strength and I worry about his concussions.

With Archer, I think our running back position is so loaded he'd have to make a spot on the team as a slot receiver/special teamer which diminishes his value. And I'm not positive he can make the transition to WR, but if he was drafted with our late 6th/7th, I'd be more behind it!

PS. I really like the format. Makes it a fun mock!

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Seattle would be in trouble with those first two picks. Will linebacker is not the teeth of this defense so it should'nt be a need and that wisconsin WR is weak compared to the 8 to 10 WR's ahead of him