Football Gameplan's 2014 Inside the War Room - Seahawks

Largent80

Reaction score
After viewing this, I agree on the overall need part only.

I don't see ASJ as a need since we resigned Anthony McCoy and Willson played well in his rookie year. Miller took a pay cut to stay and I think we are rock solid at TE.

RT Breno left in FA, as well as Tate. For me, that says we replace both of them with draft picks. This years draft is stocked with WR, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks take a WR @32, or even OL, whom that is is way up in the air.

We lost some depth in the secondary, so adding a safety/cb wouldn't be questioned. Tharold Simon may get on the field this year.

DL may be addressed, or not. depending on the status of the injured players from last years draft that hardly played or did not play.

drdevin

Reaction score
The Seahawks will pick the BPA with #32 and #64. The zone blocking scheme run with Cable allows the Hawks to wait till the mid to later rounds because it requires more foot quicks and smarts then strength. I could see us going for a safety/cb or DT with our first pick based on what's available. For those who think we need help at OT and WR, I'm with you but I think you'll be disappointed assumming the Hawks have to use the first two picks on either of these positions.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdevin":2lh21rb4 said:
........For those who think we need help at OT and WR, I'm with you but I think you'll be disappointed assumming the Hawks have to use the first two picks on either of these positions.
I think you are correct as it concerns O-line but I believe WR early is in play.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Excellent work, Em. You're really getting a grasp on the video editing part of it. The production of these videos are great.

How do you come up with your selections? Do you make a full, 7 round mock with 250+ players or do you just select players you think will be around each teams picks? If you do make a full mock draft, I'd like to read it if you can share the link.

As to the Seahawks draft, I would love every pick.

It's hard to pass on a talent like ASJ who could be our tightend for the next 7+ years. I remember watching him as a freshman laying out his 6'6 frame like a wide receiver and thinking, "That guy's a future first round pick!" He's only reaffirmed that first thought since. My only concern is his attitude which seems to have been picked apart this draft process.

Love the Ja’Wuan James pick. It's a need that will be addressed.

Wide receiver is a bigger need than you think, IMO. Percy Harvin and Doug Baldwin are the only two major talents at WR, with Jermain Kearse taking huge strides last season. That's only three receivers on the roster that can be counted on. With that said, Devin Street in the 5th rd would be a steal.

OP
OP
E

EmDiggy

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":373ms8uc said:
Excellent work, Em. You're really getting a grasp on the video editing part of it. The production of these videos are great.

How do you come up with your selections? Do you make a full, 7 round mock with 250+ players or do you just select players you think will be around each teams picks? If you do make a full mock draft, I'd like to read it if you can share the link.

As to the Seahawks draft, I would love every pick.

It's hard to pass on a talent like ASJ who could be our tightend for the next 7+ years. I remember watching him as a freshman laying out his 6'6 frame like a wide receiver and thinking, "That guy's a future first round pick!" He's only reaffirmed that first thought since. My only concern is his attitude which seems to have been picked apart this draft process.

Love the Ja’Wuan James pick. It's a need that will be addressed.

Wide receiver is a bigger need than you think, IMO. Percy Harvin and Doug Baldwin are the only two major talents at WR, with Jermain Kearse taking huge strides last season. That's only three receivers on the roster that can be counted on. With that said, Devin Street in the 5th rd would be a steal.

Thanks RH! I appreciate that man! I did a full 7 round mock draft using my big board rankings. So this is how the mock draft fell for the Seahawks.