Mock Draft Competition (last chance, prize offered)

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Instead of having a bunch of short threads with separate mock drafts how about we put a load of them in the same one and make it a competition. (Those who already have threads feel free to put yours in here)

I'm happy to put forward a prize too, and in order for it to apply to most people on here it'll be a £5 bet slip for the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl at 6/1 odds (£35 or $60 returns). Upon Wilson lifting the Lombardi for the second year running I'll transfer the money to the winner's account or buy something from the Seahawks/NFL store for the equivalent price.

10 points for predicting correct player. 20 points for predicting correct player in the right round. No trades as it'd get complicated.

Only one mock per poster and one player per pick, by all means suggest alternatives but I'll be counting the first players listed for each pick. No points for UDFAs but again feel free to add them to your mocks.

Naturally, copy and pasting analyst mocks is awfully bad form. I would hope that their perennial inaccuracy was enough to discourage this sort of behaviour, though if not, then disqualification from the competition should suffice. (If you just so happen to agree with an analyst, that's just lazy. We have 7 picks, at least change a couple).

Mocks can be edited as much as you want between now and the eve of the draft, and discussion is obviously welcome.

My Mock:

1. Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada (6'4 305)

Kind of a default pick. I'm struggling big time with our first this year, I don't like the value at #32 unless a Marqise Lee or Anthony Barr falls there.

If we pick up Joel Bitonio, I hope we move back for it and acquire a mid 4th at the least. I think we'll value his athleticism and versatility and I'm on board with the OL heavy draft. No Breno, an unproven Bowie, and an injury-prone Okung, let's load up.

2. Kareem Martin, DE/DT, UNC (6'5 272)

Freak Athlete who could be great. His game tape shows inconsistency but he obviously has ability, his highlights are pretty cool. Love where he trucks his man then recovers his forced fumble.

[youtube]9JV_zV27TV0[/youtube]

4. Khairi Fortt, LB, Cal (6'2 248)

I really like this guy. He's projected as a 5th in many places but I'd be happy with him at our 4th. Sure he's an inside guy but I think he could play across the line and he might be best on the outside.

We're not going to be able to keep our linebackers. Malcolm Smith will probably get more money than we can afford and I'm feeling similarly toward KJ. Whilst I'm optimistic about Korey Toomer eventually turning out good, it wouldn't surprise me if we went linebacker in our first 3 picks.

[youtube]tRQ2hhZhbiA[/youtube]

5. Jeff Janis WR, Saginaw Valley State, (6'3 220)

Freak! And I'm more inclined to trust his workout results as they're from the combine. Unless we take a Cody Latimer/Allen Robinson with our first two picks I'm sure we'll be targeting this guy late on.

[youtube]7dNdDnMNvi4[/youtube]

5. Laurent Duvernay Tardif, OT, McGill (6'5 320)

Probably the hardest guy to judge in the draft. Everything we look for in a later round lineman with his athleticism, and is really intelligent too. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the 4th, or the 7th.

6. Jerome Couplin, Safety, William and Mary (6'1 215)

This guy's name has come up a couple of times and apparently we've told him he could play cornerback. Under the radar guy with great college production and nice tape. Another explosive athlete.

[youtube]Gr8kVpzsGJM[/youtube]

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Great idea SomersetHawk. I'd love to win that bet slip.

With Mock 1.0, I decided to go against the grain a bit with the first pick. Some of these picks are who I want, some who I think Seattle might like.

Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
Height: 6-2. Weight: 244-252

The Seahawks continue to add pass-rushers going with the explosive, competitive defensive end who dominated the regular season. Ford also had an excellent Senior Bowl camp and had Morgan Moses calling Ford the toughest DE he faced there. Despite missing two games, Ford ended his senior year with 14.5 tackles for a loss, 10.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. He compares well to Cliff Avril, the projected starting LE but a free agent in ’15.

[youtube]kSxiVqlYFY8[/youtube]

JuWaun James, OT, Tennessee
Height: 6-6. Weight: 311

The Seahawks need to add depth at the tackle position. James is a tough, physical guy with 37 consecutive starts at right tackle who can compete with Bowie from Day 1. Worked in a man and zone blocking scheme at UT which included a read-option offense. Draft Nugget: Tom Cable ran the offensive line drills at UT’s pro day getting a look at both James and Antonio Richardson who could also be a pick for the hawks in this draft.

[youtube]wOlq6m5qOZU[/youtube]

Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-3. Weight: 198.

This would be a solid value pick in the 4th round if he falls this far which could easily happen with this deep WR class. Street plays smooth and quicker than his 6’3” frame would have you think and has a huge catching radius with his length and impressive 37” vertical leap. He’s capable of making every catch on the field and can play outside or slide into the slot. A year playing behind Sidney Rice could pay dividends as I think Street needs to add a few pounds of muscle to his frame.

[youtube]p4q0eE7M858[/youtube]

Ross Cockrell, DB, Duke
HeightL 6-0. Weight: 191

Cockrell had a good pro day with an unofficial 4.43 40. Plays with a ball-hawking attitude and covers with solid technique. Shows good tackling form and can play special teams. Will be the highest Duke player drafted in years. Really shows the direction Duke football is heading.

[youtube]hs0NB11auLw[/youtube]

Carlos Fields Jr., LB, Winston-Salem State
Height: 6-1. Weight:238

Plays aggressive, physical football. Looks to be a headhunter, always wanting to make the hit first. Seems to have good awareness to the action around him. Shows good strength and balance. If you have the time, watch his highlight tape. It’s a fun one.

[youtube]XacN7PsluWk[/youtube]

Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson
Height: 6-0. Weight: 215.

I could go with Tjack for years, but eventually the Seahawks need to look for a younger clipboard holder. Boyd projects as backup at the next level, but I like him better than that. I think he can come in behind Wilson and win with a Seattle team if he had too. His teammates at Clemson raved about his leadership and he has the mobility that fits into Pete Carroll’s play-action offense. Yes, he’s made some bonehead plays and had great receivers, but look at the two biggest wins of his college career and you see he steps up in the spotlight:
Chick-fil-A BOWL 2012 vs LSU: 36 of 50, 346 yds, 72% comp, 2 tds 0 ints
Discovery Orange Bowl vs Ohio State: 31 of 40, 378 yds, 77.5%, 5 tds 2 ints

[youtube]1G5vLU_YCBI[/youtube]

Marqueston Huff, FS/CB, WYOMING
Height: 5-11. Weight: 196 pounds

Huff impressed at the Senior Bowl and has the speed to play special teams and hands to play corner or safety at the next level.

[youtube]8TWd7En8-m0[/youtube]

OP
OP
SomersetHawk

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1fklu0zo said:
Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
Height: 6-2. Weight: 244-252

JuWaun James, OT, Tennessee
Height: 6-6. Weight: 311

Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-3. Weight: 198.

Ross Cockrell, DB, Duke
HeightL 6-0. Weight: 191

Carlos Fields Jr., LB, Winston-Salem State
Height: 6-1. Weight:238

Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson
Height: 6-0. Weight: 215

Marqueston Huff, FS/CB, WYOMING
Height: 5-11. Weight: 196 pounds

Nice mock, I'd love to come out of this draft with Devin Street and really like the Carlos Fields pick up too.

JuWaun James certainly has the size of a Seahawk tackle but I wonder if he's athletic enough for us. That said, outside of top tackle Okung we haven't taken particularly athletic o-linemen early.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Rd 1, Pick 32 (32)- WR Marqise Lee
Rd 2, Pick 32 (64)- OL Joel Bitonio
Rd 4, Pick 32 (132)- LB Khairi Fortt
Rd 5, Pick 6 (146)- DE Ben Gardner
Rd 5, Pick 32 (172)- OL Wesley Johnson
Rd 6, Pick 32 (208)- FS Ed Reynolds
Rd 7, Pick 32 (247)- LEO Devon Kennard

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3flh4krx said:
Recon_Hawk":3flh4krx said:

Nice mock, I'd love to come out of this draft with Devin Street and really like the Carlos Fields pick up too.

JuWaun James certainly has the size of a Seahawk tackle but I wonder if he's athletic enough for us. That said, outside of top tackle Okung we haven't taken particularly athletic o-linemen early.

Thanks. I enjoyed your mock as well. I am in agreement of adding a couple of tackle prospects. I'm still in the process of watching tackles. I already have my eye on a late-round tackle, Kevin Graf, to replace one of my late rd picks lol. He was brought into Seattle for a visit yesterday. He's a right tackle from USC recruited by Pete Carroll and views himself as an athletic linemen (ex-basketball player). Hey, at least one of these prospect visits has to be drafted, right ;)

I really like the Fortt pick. I was going to make it my 4th round pick as well after seeing the video you posted but I'll let you have him lol. Maybe for my mock 2.0, though like you, I'm wondering how anyone has him rated so low! The 4th round might not be enough. Tonight was the first I had seen of him and it's only been the one game, but I'm having a hard time seeing him fall past the 3rd round. He's reported to run a 4.7 40 but he plays WAY faster than that and has some insane acceleration for a big linebacker which matter more to me for LBers than high-end speed.

He reminds me of Zavier Gooden from last season who went 3rd and I like Fortt even better, even though Gooden ran faster. If he falls to the fourth, I'd be hard pressed to take anyone over him.

SDHawk

Reaction score
1. OLB-Ryan Shazier
2. OG/C-Joel Bitonio | Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
4. OT-Antonio Richardson | Cyrus Kouandjio | Billy Turner
5. WR-Brandon Coleman | Jeff Janis | Quincy Enunwa
5. DB-Dontae Johnson | Lonnie Ballentine | Antone Exum
6. DE-Aaron Lynch | Ronald Powell
7. QB-Connor Shaw | Keith Price

UDFA: TE-Colt Lyerla
UDFA: OT-Seantrel Henderson
UDFA: NT-Beau Allen

Just for the hell of it, a trade down scenario:

2. WR-Allen Robinson
2. OG/C-Joel Bitonio | Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
4. OT-Antonio Richardson | Cyrus Kouandjio | Billy Turner
4. NT-Justin Ellis
5. RB-Isaiah Crowell
5. DB-Dontae Johnson | Lonnie Ballentine | Antone Exum
6. DE-Aaron Lynch | Ronald Powell
7. QB-Connor Shaw | Keith Price

OP
OP
SomersetHawk

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
SDHawk":3o9dqx9s said:
1. OLB-Ryan Shazier
2. OG/C-Joel Bitonio / Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
4. OT-Antonio Richardson / Cyrus Kouandjio / Billy Turner
5. WR-Brandon Coleman / Jeff Janis / Quincy Enunwa
5. DB-Dontae Johnson / Lonnie Ballentine / Antone Exum
6. DE-Aaron Lynch / Ronald Powell
7. QB-Connor Shaw / Keith Price

Would be happy with any of those mocks, but obviously for the purpose of the competition you'll have to specify one player per pick (or I'll take the first row).

I think Antone Exum is going to be a really good player. It's crazy he's being touted as a 5th round pick on some sites, he'd be great value there.

SDHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3ruxhl7c said:
I think Antone Exum is going to be a really good player. It's crazy he's being touted as a 5th round pick on some sites, he'd be great value there.

Yeah I liked him a lot before he blew out his knee. I think I had us taking him in every mock from early last season. The tape that did it for me was his game vs FSU in 2012... he did a fantastic job on Kelvin Benjamin.

Also has strong character. He randomly bought a bunch of kids some Christmas gifts, IIRC.

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Mine is a little Pac-12 heavy...LOL. I do think that they will trade down from either Round 1 or Round 2 to get a couple extra picks.

Rd 1, Pick 32 (32)- DE-Demarcus Lawrence (Boise, long arms and decent vert, could easily put on 10 more lbs)
Rd 2, Pick 32 (64)- DT-Will Sutton (prob have to trade up, but oh well) (ASU)
Rd 4, Pick 32 (132)- WR-Josh Huff (Oregon)
Rd 5, Pick 6 (146)- OT-Seantrel Henderson (Miami)
Rd 5, Pick 32 (172)- LB- Carlos Fields (Winston Salem)
Rd 6, Pick 32 (208)- DE/DT- George Uko (USC)
Rd 7, Pick 32 (247)- LB-Ron Powell (played for Quinn at Florida and Pete knows him from Moreno Valley)

Unrestricted Free Agents: QB Keith Price, TE Colt Lyerla

QuahHawk

Reaction score

• RD 1 32 RT--Juwan James--Tennesse--(Alt Morgan Moses)
    RD 2 64 DE--Demarcus Lawerance--Boise St--(Alt Marcus Smith, Kareem Martin)
    RD 4 132 CB--Stanley Jean-Baptiste--Nebraska--(Alt Keith McGill, Louchiez Purifoy)
    RD 5 146 WR--Devin Street--Pitt--(Alt Brandon Coleman)
    RD 5 172 WR--Josh Huff--Oregon-- (Alt Jeff Janis)
    RD 6 208 DE--Elhadji Ndiaye--Nebraska-Kearny--(Alt Aaron Lynch)
    RD 7 247 OG--Brandon Thomas--Clemson--(Alt Kevin Graff)

wayupna

Reaction score
SomersetHawk, fantastic idea and i will definitely put my mock in asap, still working on mine made loads a changes since my first one i posted on here but i will defo enter into this..

Subzero717

Reaction score
Good idea Somerset. We have actually done this in years past. One rule you may want to or not want to implement is copying and pasting an analysts mock. It happened a couple years ago and there were some upset folks. Either way you may want to specify.

OP
OP
SomersetHawk

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":cbjz26ve said:
Good idea Somerset. We have actually done this in years past. One rule you may want to or not want to implement is copying and pasting an analysts mock. It happened a couple years ago and there were some upset folks. Either way you may want to specify.

Noted. Rules now updated.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
1-32 WR Cody Latimer (Indiana) -- I'd project him in the early 2nd, because I think a team trades a 3rd rounder for falling QB
2-64 DE/OLB Jackson Jeffcoat (Texas) -- I'd project him in the 3rd round because I fully expect us to trade back
4-132
5-146
5-172
6-208
7-247

Will update rest later.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
05/08/2014;
Here is my final Seahawk mock. Team needs (IMO): #1. LEO, #2. OL, #3. WR, #4. DL, #5. S/CB, & #6. LB (not enough picks to do much at LB, a slightly lesser need right now). I'd expect they bring back Scofield, add some UDFA's and/or a vet.) I'm basing this mock on who I think the Seahawks NEED and who I think they will actually draft to fill those needs. IMO, there is room for the Seahawks to trade down from #32 if they can, maybe just 4-8 spots and still get all of the players indicated - plus they could get another mid-round pick as well. -----Measurable #'s Source: http://mockdraftable.com/players/2014/ (lots of info. on this site.)

****Okay, I know I'll have to really explain & justify this first pick (most likely after a small trade down from 32).
PICK #32: DE/LEO- Trent Murphy, Stanford, 6-53, 250, 33-7/8" arms, 11-1/8" hands, See his other #'s in the chart below. This selection at #32 is a guy not talked about much and not being considered by many. It has been reported that Jim Harbaugh loves Murphy & I don't want the Whiners to get him. IMO-This is the pick the Hawks will not leave the draft without. My justifications are below.

""A versatile defender capable of lining up in two or three point stance who has consistently demonstrated a knack for making big plays.....Stanford's Trent Murphy, who led the nation with 15 sacks as a senior, shaved over a tenth of a second off of his 40-yard dash time on Thursday, recording a 4.72-4.75 according to a source at the workout. The 6-foot-6, 250 pound Murphy had been clocked at 4.86 seconds in Indianapolis ....Murphy started the final 40 consecutive games of his career. He hinted at his playmaking ability with an impressive starting debut in 2011, registering 40 tackles, 10 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks but these numbers pale in comparison to his breakout 2012 season of 56 tackles, 18 tackles for loss and 10 sacks or his 2013 campaign, in which he recorded 62 tackles, including an eye-popping 23.5 tackles for loss, and 15 sacks.....Instinctive defender. locates the ball and is a high-motor player. Functional flexibility.....Plays with a degree of toughness & physicality that every coach will appreciate. A former steer-wrestler & plays with this mentality"".
+ + + + Murphy compares to: Jared Allen per: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... ent-murphy
------MY TAKE: With Clemmons gone & Avril with 1 year remaining on his deal, a capable DE/LEO is a VERY IMPORTANT part of this years draft. Some won't agree with this pick, but if you don't, watch his tape and see how he gets off of blocks easily & usually takes a direct line right into the backfield, (the shortest distance between two points is a straight line). He's also very long, mean & he has grit +. IMO- Quickness & technique & proper angles plus the ability to shed blocks makes up for some speed. Murphy has been described as a throwback, old time type NFL player and in my eyes, he should work out very well as a LEO. His extreme physicality & toughness should fit well with the Seahawks. Murphy's #'s compare really, really well to both Allen & Clemmons, see below.

DE/LEO's, Comparisons:
Jared Allen, DE, Idaho State.
2004Chris Clemons, DE, Georgia, 2003
Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford, 2014 =????,

Height/weight:-------(Allen) 6-6. 265,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(Clemmons) 6-2, 226,,,,,,,,,,,,(Murphy) 6-053, 250+,
Arm length: ----------(Allen) unknown,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(Clemmons) unknown,,,,,,,,,,(Murphy) 33-7/8 inches
Hand size: -----------(Allen) unknown,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(Clemmons) unknown,,,,,,,, (Murphy) 11-1/8 inches. (wow)
40-yd. Dash:---------(Allen) 4.72,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (Clemmons) 4.68,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(Murphy) 4.86, (4.72-4.75 pro day)
10-yd. Split: ---------(Allen) 1.68,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(Clemmons) unknown,,,,,,,,,(Murphy) 1.63
225-lb reps: ---------(Allen) 13-reps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(Clemmons) 18-reps,,,,,,,,,,,(Murphy) 19-reps
Vertical jump:--------(Allen) 33.0 inches,,,,,,,,,,,(Clemmons) 35.0 inches,,,,,(Murphy) 35.5 inches
Broad jump: ---------(Allen) 120-inches,,,,,,,,,,,,(Clemmons) 116-inches,,,,,,(Murphy) 118-inches
3-cone drill: ----------(Allen) 7.11-seconds,,,,..,,(Clemmons) unknown,,,,,,,,,(Murphy) **6.78-seconds**(extraordinary!)
20-yd. Shuttle-------(Allen) 4.34-seconds,,,,,,,,,(Cummings) unknown,,,,,,,,,(Murphy) 4.20-seconds
----NOTE: Only about 20 or so players at the combine had better 3-cone's than 6.78 -- all CB's, WR's & RB's -- Not 6-5+, 250-lb+ DE;s. In fact, the 6.78 3-cone score was the fastest of any of the DL prospects tested at the combine. The Seahawks put high value on this.
-----Murphy's FILM: Titled "Here comes the boom". http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Mx35rVhmvk
*****My alternate selection -DE-Marcus Smith IMO-The Seahawks NEED one of these two at #32.PICK

#64: WR-Martavis Bryant, Clemson.
6-3-1/2, 211, 4.42/40, 1.53/10-yd split, 16/reps, 39"/vertical, 124"/broad, 7.18/3cone, 4.15/20yd-shuttle, 32-5/8"/arms, 9.5"/hands. Bryant caught 42 passes for 828 yards & 7-TD's in 2013, averaging 19.7 yards per reception. Two of his three catches in the Orange Bowl victory over Ohio State went for TD's. Hopefully he (or at least Cody Latimer) lasts to pick #64.
*****MY alternate selection - WR/KR-Bruce Ellington, So. Carolina, 5-93, 197, 31"/arms, 9-5/8"/hands, 4.45/40, 1.63/10-yd, 15/reps, 39.5"/Vert, 120"/broad, 6.69/3-cone, 3.95/20-yd shuttle, 11.12/60-yd shuttle. This guy runs good routes and also returns kicks! Matt Walden loves this guy. Former high school QB, can fight through press coverage, tough runner after the catch, great YAC, great concentration, good blocker. Almost a carbon copy of Golden Tate with a little more foot speed. This is assuming Cody Latimer is gone and Bryant isn't available either.

PICK #132: OT- Laurent "Larry" Duvernay-Tardif, McGill (Canada), 6-5, 321, 34-reps, 4.93/40, 31.5"/vert, 114"/broad, ""Looks the part with outstanding upper-body strength and massive quads. Stout anchor in pass protection. Violent shock in his punch. Plays with a nasty temperament and seeks to bury defenders into the ground. Aggressive run blocker -- runs his feet on contact and plays beyond the whistle. Is physically and mentally tough and will play through pain."" A little Cable coaching will go a long ways, this is a true sleeper
*****My alternate selection :OG/OT-Brandon Thomas, Clemson
, 6-3, 317, 34-3/4" arms, 10.5" hands, 5.09/40, 1.78/10-yd, 35-reps, 29"/vert, 98"/broad, 8.13/3-cone, 4.83/20-yd SS. *injured*, Prior to injury Thomas was a top 64 pick. Red-shirt, Part or all of the season? If the Seahawks trade down and get a 4th round pick - Here is the guy.

PICK #146: DL-Brent Urban, Virginia, 6-7, 295, 34.5"/arms, 9-3/4" /hands, his other #'s are to be determined. A nice developmental pick for the DL, this guy lacks a few things, but makes up for them in several ways. He seems to have a knack of getting his hands/arms up to get blocks on passes and kicks, something the Seahawks can exploit. IMO- Urban is a unique player with some excellent potential. Size & length are optimum however he needs coaching up on technique & could benefit from NFL diet & training. I'm assuming Scruggs replaces Red Bryant & Urban could rotate in like McDonald used to(?). If he puts on 25-lbs of muscle and takes well to coaching, wow.
*****My alternate selection OLB-Khairi Fortt, California, 6-2, 248, 4.70/40, 1.59/10-yd, 30-reps, 36.0"/vert, 120"/broad. Seems like a pretty good Seahawks fit and he did visit.

PICK #172: TE, (DE/LEO?) -Larry Webster, Bloomsburg, 6-6, 252, 33.5"/arms, 10-1/8"/hands, 4.58/40, 1.57/10yd split, 17/reps, 36.5"/vert, 123"/broad, 7.29/3-cone, 4.44/20yd shuttle. One of my favorite picks of this draft, I like him best as a TE prospect. His #'s are excellent in comparison to the other TE's and DE's in this draft.) Maybe he could be a LEO? I'd like to see this guy coached up at TE, with his basketball background, size, speed and agility numbers would seem to make him a good TE. Webster could be the next 5th round triumph for PC/JS as a tall fast TE.
*****My alternate selection TE-Blake Annen, Cincinnati, 6-4, 247, 4.41/40, 1.61/10-yd, 25-reps, 120"/broad, 4.30/20-yd shuttle, 7.19/3-cone. Any TE that runs a 4.41/40 has to be at least a consideration. Maybe this guy can be a hybrid TE/WR? If he does not get picked in the 7 rounds, I could see him as a priority UDFA signing for the Seahawks, looks like there may be a lot of potential in this guy. Either of these two would be nice to get.

PICK #208: FS-Lonnie Balentine, Memphis, 6-3, 219, 33"/arms, 4.39/40, 1.51/10yd split, 18-reps, 38"/vert, 125"/broad, 4.47/20-yd shuttle, 7.18/3-cone, Don't know much about him, but his numbers look exceptional and he's moving up in the rankings quite a bit pre-draft. Looks like a physical specimen with raw skills that just needs coaching up to be a Legion of Boom guy. A fairly raw, high upside guy that just needs coaching.
*****My alternate selection - CB/S- Dontae Johnson, No. Carolina St. 6-2, 200, 31.5"/arms, 8-5/8"/hands, 4.45/40, 1.53/10yd split, 12/reps, 38.5"/vert, 124"/broad, 6.82/3-cone, 4.24/20yd shuttle. Dontae Johnson could maybe be the next man up as a 6-2 addition to the CB position. I like Johnson a lot, but he's likely not available at #208.

PICK #247: ILB-James Morris, Iowa, 6-1, 241, 4.67/40, 1.62/10-yd, 18/reps, 120"/broad, 6.94/3-cone, 4.33/20-yd shuttle, very good #'s.
2013: 106/tackles, 17.0/TFL, 7.0/sacks, 4-interceptions. 3 yrs of 100+ tackles in Big-10 conference. Some damn good #'s, Sleeper alert!
*****My alternate selection: OC-Brian Stork, Florida St. 6-4, 325, 32.5"/arms, 10-1/8"/hands,
--------IF the Seahawks do not recover their lost 7th round pick, these two move to UDFA list.

I'm aware that for "contest" purposes, UDFA's & alternative picks don't count, this is just how I always do these.
---Priority-UDFA: OG-Kadeem Edwards, Tennessee St. (currently #274-overall) 6-4, 313, 35-1/2" arms, 9.5" hands, 5.25/40, 1.82/10-yd, 26-reps, 27"/vert, 99"/broad, 7.95/3-cone, 4.82/20-yd shuttle.
---Priority-UDFA: OG-Brian Clarke, Bloomsburg, 6-2, 299, 4.97/40, 33-reps at pro day, has visited the Seahawks. Small school stud.
---UDFA: OG-Ryan Groy, Wisconsin, 6-5, 316, 33.25"/arms, 5.19/40, 1.75/10-yd, 26/reps, 108"/broad, 4.70/20-yd. 7.49/3-cone.
---UDFA: ILB-Brandon Denmark, Florida A&M, 6-3, 244, Fast rising LB with exceptional Sparky #'s.
---UDFA: ILB-Andrew "Thumper" Jackson, W. Kentucky, 6-1, 254, 32.5"/arms, 9.5"/hands, other #'s TBD, hardest hitter in the draft?
---UDFA: OLB-Tyler Starr, So. Dakota, 6-4, 250. Very Matthews like - long flowing blond locks of hair - a wild, quick twitch guy.
---UDFA: OLB-Caleb Lavey, Oklahoma St., 6-2, 235, 4.64/40. Stats: 2013=87 tackles, 12.5-TFL, 4-INT, 3-FF, 2.5-sacks. Good #'s.
---UDFA: WR-Jeremy Butler, Tennessee-Martin, 6-2, 218, , 4.56/40, 2013= 90-rec, 1203 yards & 10-TD's. (a playmaker?)

:49ersmall:

jp25591

Reaction score
1.WR-Kelvin Benjamin
2.OT-Billy Turner
4.OT-Seantrel Henderson
5.CB/S-Jerome Couplin
5.DE/DT-Ethan Westbrooks
6.DE-Elhadji Ndiaye
7.S-Lonnie Ballentine

OP
OP
SomersetHawk

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Our recent trade means we can wipe out the 7th rounder. Of course there's still some chance we acquire another 7th prior to the draft so feel free to keep them up, but I'll obviously discount them should we enter the draft without a 7th.

wayupna

Reaction score
Ok i have spent some time thinking and looking into my Draft picks for this year and if i was in the war room these are the guys i would like to thing i might be able to pick up..
(But to be fair there are so many players i think we could get that look good and will go under the radar)

1. With the 32nd Pick in the NFL 2014 Draft the Seattle Seahawks Pick.....

Jordan Matthews, WideReceiver out of Vanderbilt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfoPwGsNhco

2. With the 64th pick in the NFL 2014 Draft the Seattle Seahawks Pick.....

Morgan Moses, Offesive Tackle out of Virginia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3bzjkeCaWI

3. With the 132nd Pick of the 2014 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks pick....

Eathyn Manumaleuna, Defensive Tackle out of BYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMAIXN8Sa2Y

4. With the 146th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks pick.....

Marcus Williams, Corner Back out of North Dakota State
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3rtOVL6Uh8

5. With the 172nd Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks pick.....

Wesley Johnson, Offensive Tackle out of Vanderbilt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrP0gVJgD1g

6. With the 208th and the teams last pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks pick.....

Boseko Lokombo, Linebacker out of Oregon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rB3E-8KsOk

I hope that we can also pick up a few extras in the UDFA i would also like to think we might trade away a few roster players for picks.. But i hope and would like to see the following invited as UDFA

Keith Price QB
Connor Shaw QB
Gator Hoskins FB
Austin Wentworth OT
John Urschel OG
George Uko DT
Daniel McCullers DT
Elhadji Ndiaye DE
Khairi Fortt ILB
Jocquel Skinner CB
Jerome Couplin III SS

TwilightError

Reaction score
1: Jeremiah Attaochu DE/OLB
2: Jace Amaro TE
-
Unfortunately I have not followed close enough to make more guesses this year. I think its most likely that the hawks trade down in first round, and spoil my draft party by doing that ;) , but Attaochu is my bet.

Latest posts