@ picks 32 & 64 which position?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Do you draft a WR or an OT?

The quality of available players at either position begins to take a sharp drop after pick 64.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
The standard response would be whoever is the superior talent available.

For me, however, I'd be pretty locked in to a WR and reactive if a superior talent at OL or a Shazier type falls to 32.

Simply put, I just think the WR talent available at 32 will be superior to any OL. The more I've watched Cody Latimer, the more I think he'd be a no brainer at 32, if he falls that far. He really has a crazy skill set and huge upside.

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
If we truly value Russell Wilson and his long term health then I think we have to address OT first. Rams, Niners and Cards all have solid outside edge pass rushers and the Rams might land Clowney ( don't think they will go that direction) and the Cards might target Dee Ford. Maybe the front office sees an OT they can target in the 2nd round who is just as good as someone in the first, but it would be risky since our 2nd round pick is so late.

Would love to see us fall back out of 32 (get a 3rd or 4th), grab a solid OT like the kid out of Nevada who might have to learn and play RG/LG for one year. Address WR at 64. Then be able to draft best player available the rest of the way.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
They will draft BPA

Did anyone expect them to use their first pick last year (2nd Round), on a running back??

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I have a feeling the people clamouring for them to draft OL in round 1 or 2 are going to be up in arms on draft weekend.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My questioned presupposed there was appropriate value at either position OT or WR . Which is the position facing the largest dropoff in potential talent from 32 to 64 or from 64 to 132?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
The wide receiver class is the deepest position in this draft, so I'll go with that position having better talent at #64 and #132 than OT.

Really, it'll depend on how Seattle views its own roster and who's on the board. Seattle could draft a receiver in the 2nd or 4th round and bring him along as the #4 guy. Or they could see the impact receivers have on the game and want that game changer with the #32 pick.

Likewise at OT, they could really like Bowie or view a RT as a position that can get by with less talent. Or they could view Bowie as the only viable starting RT and feel the need to add depth and competition to the position in case Bowie struggles with those pass-rusher of the NFC West.

Personally, I trust Tom Cable can turn a mid-round OT into a starter, but I'd be more nervous leaving the draft without a solid tackle than I would a solid receiver.

General Manager

Reaction score
Were going to find out a lot about how they evaluate the players that will be available at 32 and how they value the O-line vs WR position. If someone like Shazier or Tuitt is still on the board I'm sure that will be something they give serious consideration .

kearly

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":3k21cjdf said:
They will draft BPA

Did anyone expect them to use their first pick last year (2nd Round), on a running back??

Actually there was one person who did.

Also, Seattle has gone on record saying they rate every player on their roster with a score and do the same with every prospect. At each pick they draft the player who produces the biggest differential (upgrade) score. Basically it's a blend of need and BPA. I'm assuming most front offices do something similar judging by the way most team's draft.

Chawker

Reaction score
I think after signing Rice, there's not to many real big needs to speak of, John & Pete can go BPA. I'd like to see them trade back 5 picks and take BPA & pick up another selection. But if they don't and select a player at 32, hmm.......OG would be smart money.
We do need help in the kick return area, (meaning a WR) but my money will be on a passrusher. (DE) I'm not talking a LEO, I'm talking someone who can sack the QB and anchor the point. Trent Murphy (250lbs his playing weight is 260lbs) Then there is S. Tuitt, Kelcy Quartles, Kareem Martin, Will Clark type that can play inside on third downs.
This draft could be remembered as the "Big Nastys"