Raise your hand if you're going to have a meltdown when....

TheWalrus

Reaction score
.....Seattle ignores OL until day 3 of the draft (rounds 4 - 7). I can see this happening, and I can already tell by the posts on here that a bunch of people are going to be in meltdown mode.

I would predict Seattle to draft 1 offensive player and 1 defensive player in rounds 1 & 2. I would expect that offensive player to be a WR but it could be an OL depending on their board. While most people seem to think it's the most likely scenario, I will actually be quite surprised if Seattle goes offense in both round 1 and 2.

Why? I'm not sure Seattle views the OL the same way we do. To me, the only reason they go OT in round 1 is if they think the guy can play LT and possibly replace Okung because the team thinks they might not be able to afford him beyond this season. I think they are perfectly happy with Bowie playing RT with a mid to late round pick acting as his competition. While I don't like Carpenter much, I don't think the team is going to be looking for his replacement in rounds 1 or 2. At the end of the day, I just believe that Seattle will come to the conclusion that they can find quality o-lineman late in the draft. Unless that is, they don't think Okung is going to be re-signed....if that is the case, then OT in rd 1 becomes very likely. (But I don't think that is the case)

Anyway, just my two cents.

(If I was making a prediction at #32, I would predict Marcus Smith, DE - Louisville - I know according to mocks that seems like a reach but that would be my prediction.)

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I will be highly disappointed if we don't take an offensive lineman with one of our first two picks. We lost two starters in free agency and I don't trust our current depth to fill our needs, especially when we seem to have a history of offensive linemen getting injured every year.

randomation

Reaction score
The Receiver class is so deep this year that honestly besides Watkins and Evans I would much rather draft OL in the first round there are people as far down as 20th on the rankings that would be argued as being top 5 in other years. Personally I would much prefer to go heavy oline and pick up a reciever in 3/4 who would be a 1/early 2 any other year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Eh I wouldn't sweat it unless someone drops. If Su'a Filo is there at 32, would have a hard time passing on him unless a stud WR like Lee fell to 32 as well.

Sac

Reaction score
Baily and Bowie can start at RT and Guard. O-Line picks will be for depth. I want more play makers with the first couple picks.

SDHawk

Reaction score
One of Antonio Richardson, Cyrus Kouandjio, Billy Turner, Joel Bitonio or Laurent Duvernay-Tardif might be available in the 4th. The first two because of injury concerns. The latter two because they are projected as interior lineman.

Alvin Bailey had a 3-4th round grade and fell out of the draft altogether thanks to a bum hammy during the Combine and pro-day.

The above said. We just re-signed Sidney Rice and given the depth of the draft at WR, I find it highly unlikely we will use our first two picks on a receiver... Although personally, I would love to get Allen Robinson or Davante Adams. There is a bigger cliff at o-line after the first two rounds then there is at WR.

I can see us taking the best athlete at #32 (OLB-Ryan Shazier) and then the best available tackle at #64 (Tiny Richardson, Cyrus Kouandjio, Billy Turner). We can wait until the 4th for depth at WR, CB or interior line.

wrenches59864

Reaction score
I figure John and Pete kinda know what they are doing so I'm just gonna shut the hell up. :179422:

ZLDRider

Reaction score
I think they're going to trade down a couple of times to stock up some later round picks and then get some OL-men in later rounds .

I think that they feel they can coach up guys in later rounds and history has shown that so far.

Z

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
ZLDRider":2fpnumvo said:
I think they're going to trade down a couple of times to stock up some later round picks and then get some OL-men in later rounds .

I think that they feel they can coach up guys in later rounds and history has shown that so far.

Z

Do we have roster space for that many extra picks this year???

Killa Kam

Reaction score
I dont really care when, we draft them but I will will be a little disappointed if we don't draft at least 2 offensive tackles, one RT and another who can backup both spots. Plus it seems like we tend to have more success in the later rounds than we do in the early rounds.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I won't mind a meltdown so long as it's not the same fans who complained about Moffit and Carpenter.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Im betting we dont see an OL until the 5th. WR/Defenaive stud who fell in the 1st then the opposite in the 2nd. Somethig like Latimer then Kareem Martin

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I think they may take an offensive linemen at 64, depending on who is still available. Bitonio, Moses, or Richardson at 64 would make me happy.

kearly

Reaction score
The opening post does something a lot of people do, which is treat the NFL draft like it's magical a convenience store to fix problems with high picks. The Seahawks secondary was miserable in 2008, 2009, and 2010, among the worst in the league during that span. So how'd they fix this huge problem? Earl Thomas aside, they waited until rounds 5 and 6 to draft guys like Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, and Byron Maxwell, while adding a Canadian Football League player who had already bounced out of the NFL. Just because they didn't spend high picks didn't mean they didn't have "their" players targeted. They went out and got their guys, they just weren't high picks.

It's not about the round you pick a player in, it's about the player you are picking.

JR Sweezy is turning into an above average guard and Bailey has looked very good when he's played. The combined draft expenditure for both players combined was one 7th round pick.

So I would ask the OP, WHO are the players you so desperately want at #32 or #64? Because honestly, I see a few guys that are okay (Bitonio, Moses), and then a bit later (like rounds 3-5 range) I see some players I actually like quite a bit like Turner and Yankey and I'm sure there are other players nobody has talked about that will make for quality OL prospects. Who was talking about Bowie, Bailey, or Sweezy?

Anyway, I'm sure Seattle will have certain guys targeted, but that doesn't mean the guys they like the most will require high picks. Think about how much they loved Russell Wilson but they still waited for the 3rd round to get him.

Meanwhile, the best players at #32 figure to be offensive skill position guys. If they take Bitonio or Moses at #32, good for them. But I would be just as happy if not happier if we got somebody like Marquise Lee or Jarvis Landry or Odell Beckham with that pick. Granted, this assumes there are no highly unlikely scenarios like Taylor Lewan falling to the final pick in the first round.