Real new UW Football Uniforms.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Not a fan of the black. Never have. And hate the white helmet. The frost texture looks like crap. I have always been a purple and gold fan.

10176247_10153417061446515_1496694375543034559_n.jpg

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":20rrt1iw said:
Not a fan of the black. Never have. And hate the white helmet. The frost texture looks like crap. I have always been a purple and gold fan.

10176247_10153417061446515_1496694375543034559_n.jpg

Agreed on the white helmet texture, the logos on the helmets are gonna never gonna stay on. I mean look at the close up of it, you can already see that the logo is barely staying on.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Blacks always look mean to me. One of the reasons why I like the Ravens. Those whites would be sick with black pants

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
A little underwhelming, but not bad. The white one looks pretty cool

tom sawyer

Reaction score
meh - let's see how the look with a Rose Bowl background, I'll get back to you.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I don't like them all that much but I am sure I will warm up to them.

For Dawg fans Keith Price is in studio on Path to the Draft on the NFL Network that is on right now. Not sure when he will be on but he will be on this hour.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":11s57ln4 said:
Recon_Hawk":11s57ln4 said:
Dawg fans be like

[youtube]-7aIf1YnbbU[/youtube]
Awe, poor guy...feeling left out?

Yes :cry: lol. Naw, really just messing around. Anytime I can use a The Jerk reference :lol:

I actually considered myself a small-time Husky fan, just not enough to care about the new uniforms like the more hardcore fans (no offense). I go to a couple games a year. This year against Cal and WSU. The coug game was awesome, the bears game was a freakin monsoon, but thanks to whiskey wasn't too bad.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am a fan of the Huskies like I am a fan of the Mariners and Sounders. Not passionately invested, but as my home town team I root them on. Having said that, as a graphic artist and said home town team fan, these uniforms don't make me want to jump for joy nor chew glass, so there you have it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Call me old,I hate the new look..What is that crap at the end of the number at top??Black at end of purple shoulder??Nike puts themselves in front better than the team does- :pukeface: ..What I like-The W at chest is good but should be bigger...The white helmet with purple face mask actually looks pretty good but reminds me of K state,put purple pants on that set up-It would look pretty good..The more I look at the black-I hate to say it but it looks better than the home uniform-Thanks Nike(Duck boys) for screwing up our home uniform..Still cannot get over the screw job of the top of the number..What if its an 8 how much worse is that off color thingy going to be ?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm going to withhold judgement until I see them on the field. I wasn't a big fan of the Dolphins' new uniforms when they were first revealed but after seeing them in game action a couple of times I now like them.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I really like them. I think I like the white the best and the black's 2nd. Love my UW but the traditional purple and Gold are not my favorite color combo, I doe like the purple on purple and think Blakc helmet, purple top and black pant might look really good too.

The gold nothc in the upper left of the numbers is kinda cool too, like the Sehawks has the 12 feathers.

kearly

Reaction score
By Nike standards, these uniforms are actually very conservative, so I'd consider that a plus. It could have been way, way worse.

The black one looks the coolest, but none of these uniforms keep the original spirit of UW's purple and gold. Not even the one on the left that tries to.

The silver Helmets are a bad idea for UW- maybe Nike should give WSU's new uniforms gold helmets and see how Wazzu fans feel about that? Anyway, they should put the gold helmet on the white uniform- it would be a lot better.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1jp4wzgu said:
The silver Helmets are a bad idea for UW- maybe Nike should give WSU's new uniforms gold helmets and see how Wazzu fans feel about that? Anyway, they should put the gold helmet on the white uniform- it would be a lot better.

They're matte black, not silver. And from the sounds of it.. they can interchange any of the helmets with any of the unis.. so you may very well see the gold with the black/white combos. I imagine that'd be up to the players though.

All the traditionalists/old school guys longing for the unis from the Don James era should remember that a lot of 18-22 year old kids think Oregon type uniforms are a lot better than ... this

Dave4.png

Let's be real.. Washington isn't USC/Alabama/Notre Dame/Michigan .. etc. They don't really have an identity or a big tradition to hang their hat on.. to appeal to young recruits sometimes you have to upgrade the unis they will be donning.