Down to six draft picks

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Assuming the Pryor trade goes through, we're down to just six picks . . . Who thinks we trade down now?

Needs:
OL x2
DL
WR
LB
FS
CB

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1vujqhho said:
I think we'll definitely trade down... from #64.

Possibly, but the more I think about it, the more I think they may offer their First Round pick. The fifth-year option will entice some team to give up more than they should for a player who probably isn't worth it.

This is a deep draft for late Second and Third Round talent, but they may not see a lot of value at 32.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
They'll trade down twice at #32 and #64. They'll end up with at least 10 picks.

It also wouldn't surprise if they give up the 2015 1st to move into the top of the 2nd round again and grab a guy thy really want.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
if the top of the draft with teams needing QBs pass over QBs, then #32 could be in trade down play, especially if Houston at #33 has not picked a QB. The trade value chart has #32 at 590 and #64 at 270, you would have to trade back about 6 spots from #64 to get a 5th rounder.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I think they definitely trade back from their 1st.

We shall see. Only a couple more weeks!

seahawks51usc

Reaction score
Seahawks will trade down this year but probably not as many times as people are expecting (i.e., I don't see them going 2012 and turning 6 picks into 10 picks). Difference between this year and previous years is (1) this draft is very deep and (2) Seattle is a more desirable destination for rookies than prior years, which means they'll get some good quality UDFAs in the program.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1tlslfya said:
I think they trade down from 32 if a QB drops

If you want a QB that badly (most important position in the league)... you're waiting until the final pick of the day to make that move?

Seems unlikely.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":31dqzpp2 said:
They'll trade down twice at #32 and #64. They'll end up with at least 10 picks.

It also wouldn't surprise if they give up the 2015 1st to move into the top of the 2nd round again and grab a guy thy really want.
That (the first part) sounds plausible in a deep draft like this one.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3ss1icva said:
Hasselbeck":3ss1icva said:
I think they trade down from 32 if a QB drops

If you want a QB that badly (most important position in the league)... you're waiting until the final pick of the day to make that move?

Seems unlikely.

It all hinges on what Houston does with the #1, IMO. Say they wind up taking Clowney and a team like Jacksonville takes Mack 3rd.. and a Teddy Bridgewater falls to 32... could see the Jags wanting to jump Houston to get their guy for their 2nd rounder and a 3rd.

kearly

Reaction score
Trading down figures to be difficult this year. If Seattle gets a decent offer I expect them to jump at it unless their draft board is on a precipice at that moment.

A lot of the guys we've been talking about as options at #32 are going to be available well into the 2nd round, and I'll go on a limb and say at least one or two of them will be there at #64.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
I predict a trade between the Jags and Hawks.

Seattle trades the 32nd pick to the Jags so they can get the QB they want.

32nd pick is worth 590 points

Seattle gets the following in exchange.
39th pick in 2nd round worth 510 points
114th pick in the 4th round worth 66 points
205th pick in the 6th round worth 10 points

Now they have;
Pick 39
Pick 64
Pick 114
Pick 132
Pick 146
Pick 172
Pick 205
Pick 208
Pick 247 (if they release Pryor)

Seattle now has 2 x 2nd rounders, 2 x 4th rounders, 2 x 5th rounders and 2 x 6th rounders. Likely able to bundle and get into the 3rd round at some point.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Not saying any of you saw my initial mock post from last night before you posted in this thread, but it's good to see others in agreement that's it's possible the Seahawks could have the opportunity to trade down with that 32nd pick. I guess I wasn't too far-fetched thinking Bridgewater could be a prize for teams trying to trade into that spot ahead of Houston, St. Louis, and others. And yes, I went with Jacksonville trading up as well.

It's difficult to get a feel for where Bridgewater is going to be drafted. But, if I had to guess now... I'm wondering if he may slide a bit and then a hot commodity when teams see him still available late in the first round. I could see teams like SF not wanting to trade down so that they may draft particular players they are targeting with their 1st round picks. Especially since they already have a ton of picks. But, I think there will be some teams informed that the Seahawks could be willing trade partners. Even if a team ahead of Seattle trades down... that may only increase their chances of getting a deal done so a team doesn't miss out on their player seeing teams trade up into the late 1st. I think it's going to be very interesting and lively.

Seafan

Reaction score
Do the Hawks feel there are any DL after 31 in the draft who can improve our depth? WRs? LBs? TEs?

It's going to be interesting.

Largent80

Reaction score
Of all the years to have the 32nd pick, this is like a cornucopia. Deep draft, and we need more picks, so I certainly would not be surprised to see us package #32 for a couple of extra picks.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Largent80":f3k0oack said:
Of all the years to have the 32nd pick, this is like a cornucopia. Deep draft, and we need more picks, so I certainly would not be surprised to see us package #32 for a couple of extra picks.
:th2thumbs:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Seafan":1tp7vokm said:
I doubt we trade down.
"We" might not. But, JS/PC sure might. ;) Either they will or they wont. How's that for being definitive? :D
I think it comes down to how the draft falls and if the opportunity even presents itself. Seriously, if they are sold on a player that is still sitting there at 32... they just simply make the selection. So, I here you there. But, to say you doubt they trade down... do you mean they are simply unwilling even if everyone that high on their board has been selected and they have an opportunity to acquire some additional picks? You see, it's a fluid situation. You never know what might present itself.

But, they quite possibly become more willing particularly if the player(s) they are targeting get selected ahead of them. Then, it probably becomes a scenario of possibly trading down if they don't have to give up too many spots into the high 2nd and still have a likely scenario of getting the next player(s) they are targeting. Heck, they almost drafted Russell Wilson in the 2nd (instead of Bobby Wagner). But, instead let that ride for an entire round. So, they do have a history of taking those sorts of chances that certain players will still be available. So, why not (if the opportunity presents itself) acquire an extra pick and another quality player to compete?