Vote for pick 32

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I don't really like any of the options they have for us there to be honest. All just kind of "somewhat okay" players listed for us.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Just about anyone but Xavier Sua-Filo. Not only would that be a waste of a First Round pick, it could also mean our depth at OT would not be fully addressed.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
8. Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA- Hell no, allowed way too many tackles for loss and consistently overpowered or beaten to the outside.
7. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State- Hell no, terrible hands (9% drop rate) and too damn slow.
6. Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State- Mildly disappointing, not an elite athlete.
5. Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame- This would be a reach; it's not a need, but I wouldn't mind him at 64 or below.
4. Joel Bitonio, G/OT, Nevada- Good prospect, but too high for a guard without elite abilities.
3. Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State- Good player, but kind of limited as a two-gap inside player.
2. Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT, Notre Dame- I would be OK with this because he could give us more versatility at the five technique and at the three technique on 3rd downs.
1. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU- He is by far the best prospect of these eight. However, I don't think he will be available, and even though he's an elite prospect, there's not an immediate need at CB.

I chose Verrett simply because I think he's the best of the eight listed.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
ShermanIsland":355mvvu4 said:
I personally hate Tuitt. I think he's a 3rd round prospect.

So was this dude:
Gf2 1

Here is why I do like Tuitt: he has a freakish combination of size (6'5, 300 lbs, with nearly 35'' arms) and athleticism (31 bench press reps and unofficial 4.7s 40).

Tuitt played hurt and out of shape his junior year while battling through a hernia and foot injuries, but he still managed to look dominant at times (see: the 2nd half of the USC game when he terrorized their offensive line into allowing multiple sacks, holding calls, and false starts). He was an unstoppable force at times during his sophomore year, when he had 12 sacks and three forced fumbles. For his career, Tuitt has 20.5 sacks in 28 career starts.

He has shown the size and power to command double teams at the five technique. He has also shown the ability to be a devastating interior pass rusher on 3rd downs. Those are two things the Seahawks could use this season.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
I don't think Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA gets past Denver. They lost both guards this year and we abused them on the line. Of the players on the list, I agree, Tuitt has the most upside.

kearly

Reaction score
Good stuff hawknation2014.

If the draft fell that way I think JS would race to the podium for Cody Latimer. I could see Donte Moncrief and Martavis Bryant and Morgan Moses drawing heavy consideration as well.

And none of them are options in this poll. But then again, WalterFootball's way of thinking is on the other side of earth from how John Schneider thinks.

Of WF's list, Bitonio is the only one I could see Seattle drafting at #32. And though Bitonio checks a lot of boxes for Seattle, he's not the athlete on tape that he was at the combine, and just lacks that intangible "Wow! Holy shit did you just see that?!" factor that Seattle always gravitates towards. Bitonio feels like a 2nd round guy getting pulled into the first round discussion thanks to a weak 2nd tier of offensive lineman prospects. But hey, same thing was true with Max Unger and he turned out okay. Anyway, Bitonio wouldn't surprise me but I suspect they are looking for big lug types that resemble Bowie/Bailey/Carpenter (in this draft, that would mean Morgan Moses or Billy Turner, or either of those tackles from Tennesee, among others).

A couple months ago I thought Benjamin would be a major consideration for Seattle but I no longer think that after seeing the forty time he posted. Seattle is dogmatic about 40 times for WR and it's not like Benjamin's poor tape is going to make up for it.

Tuitt would surprise me, but maybe it shouldn't. The team is putting an uncomfortable amount of stock in Scruggs and Hill. Hill is kind of a situational guy and Scruggs is unproven. I think Hill could justify a roster spot for four years and I think Scruggs has star potential, but it's also not hard to see our DL situation getting ugly very fast if McDaniel gets injured, and prior to 2013 McDaniel had issues with injuries. Hageman was taken #21 in this mock, but if he makes it to #32 in the actual draft he could be in play for Seattle as his features and style of play resembles Tony McDaniel quite a bit.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Agree with Kearly, I think JS would pull the trigger on Latimer. His visit is bringing back images of Michael's visit last year. I wouldn't be disappointed, I have an emotional investment in Bryant but Latimer is exciting.

Personally don't see Tuitt as the guy, BUT JS is a hard to predict dude. But I don't think this team panics and truly believes in the unproven depth. I think we might add some DL depth but, I could see JS being confident in the guys already on the roster.

Chawker

Reaction score
Well.... so many good players to choose from.

DE Tuitt or Martin
WR Matthews or Adams
OL Jackson or James
I'll throw Cable a bone with JaWuan James ROT Tenn.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hopefully our staff has identified some guys no one is talking about because none of those choices are compelling first round choices.