Davante Adams/WR/Fresno State visiting the Seattle Seahawks today
21 Apr 2014

[youtube]uvGeiqmqWE0[/youtube]

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Adams. Like Marqise Lee, he plays bigger and more dynamically than his size and measurables would indicate. Excellent hands, plays physical and uses his body to shield off defenders, catches the call at its highest point, an elite red zone threat.

He has a good vertical at 38.9 inches and a decent 3-cone at 6.82, but his 10-yard split (1.64) is a little slow for a Seahawks receiver. If we can trade into the middle of the 2nd Round, we could get value for Adams while adding another red zone threat and consistent possession receiver.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Getting Adams in the 2nd would make me very very happy. Watching him play, I feel like I am watching him run routes in Seattle's offense.

Wherever Carr gets drafted, he ought to give Adams half his signing bonus.

McGruff

Reaction score
Just watching the highlights above, he'd fit very well here. Competes for the ball, but most importantly he is shifty, tough and determined after the catch. He's not a guy you see going down with the first tackler.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Oooooh I'd love Davante.

Just give me a WR not named Kelvin Benjamin in the first two rounds and I am thrilled

McGruff

Reaction score
Watching some other non-highlight vids . . . downside is that I don't see high effort as a blocker. He also gets a bit whinny when calls don't go his way. After watching the highlights, I was also disappointed in how little he did with WR screens and fly-sweeps.

I watched the USC bowl game, and his QB (Carr) was flat out awful that game. If that's indicative of Carr's overall play, I don't get the high draft status for him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McGruff":1io9xgtk said:
I watched the USC bowl game, and his QB (Carr) was flat out awful that game. If that's indicative of Carr's overall play, I don't get the high draft status for him.

That was Carr's worst game of the year by far. It's hard to gauge Carr, though I do like him quite a bit, the quality of teams Carr was lighting up isn't exactly what you would call "stellar". Not to mention their system is extremely QB friendly.

Carr could be a Nick Foles type QB, but he could also be Kevin Kolb.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":fraoxuvc said:
Getting Adams in the 2nd would make me very very happy. Watching him play, I feel like I am watching him run routes in Seattle's offense.

I had the same thought. You'll notice in that highlight reel that he leaves his feet A LOT. He's quite used to getting airborne to catch the football, something that is sure to appeal to Seattle.

Something about the way he catches the football perturbs me just a little and I don't even know why. It's almost like he's trying to catch every pass underhand. I wouldn't say it worries me- Seattle has been money with catch rate under Carroll even before Russell Wilson and I have zero doubt that it's because of great coaching.

Seems like the kind of player Seattle would love. Though I do think Latimer is a better version of the same player.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
My ideal draft would be getting 2 WRs and an OT to compete at Breno's vacated position.

If he's there at #32, I would take Jarvis Landry. He's a player I would consider scuttling any deal on the table for. Of the tier 3 guys, his skills as a WR are simply rare. He's a prospect who just has outstanding instincts about catching the ball. It sounds very much an unprovable/ambiguous asset. But it just leaps off the screen when you watch him. He is an outside/flanker version of Bobby Engram to me. A player Wilson can look to as a bail out option even if he's covered. And of all of the prospects in this draft, he is the very best at what seems to be Seattle's requirement in terms of ball skills. He is unique in that respect, even amidst all of the talent in this draft. And that includes guys like Watkins and Evans.

Outside of that, I expect us to take a DL/LB/CB in day 3. I am an unabashed fan of Dontae Johnson and I can see him wearing Seattle blues quite comfortably. I would expect a bunch of very athletic prospects in the later rounds.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I have him rated right below these other tier 3 guys and I'll admit I'm biased for 6"2+ but I do see a lot in commone with him and Jeremy Maclin who I really like I just saw too much of his numbers against very inferior competition an I don't think he is as raw or has as much upside as some other WR's

Kelvin Benjamin
Donte Moncrief
Allen Robinson
Jordan Matthews
Cory Latimer
Brandon Coleman
Devin Street

Seafan

Reaction score
This team has enough #2 & #3 type WRs. If the tier 2 guys aren't available the Hawks should pass on these others.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Seafan":kvj9u18c said:
This team has enough #2 & #3 type WRs. If the tier 2 guys aren't available the Hawks should pass on these others.

Baldwin, Rice, and Kearse are only signed though the 2014 season (though Baldwin is tendered, not signed).

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seafan":2b52l4nm said:

I cannot express how much I hate the notion of #1 receiver. Give me a team full of #2s and a QB/system to distribute the ball to whichever one is left most open.

If you named the 10 #1 receivers in the NFL, I would feel safe in betting that 8 of those players teams didn't make the playoffs. I pulled this from a top 10 WR thread elsewhere since I simply refuse to get into the notion that a #1 receiver is ever necessary or even translates to team success ever. This isn't the 90s NFL. Looking for a #1 receiver is as antiquated as looking for a feature running back of the 2000s.

1. Calvin Johnson
2. AJ Green
3. Andre Johnson
4. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Brandon Marshall
6. Dez Bryant
7. Demayrius Thomas
8. Julio Jones
9. Josh Gordon
10. Antonio Brown

#1 receivers to elevate their team to the postseason in bold. I'm more than comfortable with the proven track record over the last 8 years of postseason football that shows #1 receiver is even less predictive of postseason qualification than a feature back is.

justafan

Reaction score
I agree with you.I think that a marqui WR is the most overated position in football.I love what Harvin brings to this team but the team would have one the SB without him
Its not a position I would want to eat up large chunks of the cap.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Huge fan. Was FSU season tick holder before we moved. Based on his visit though, we have zero interest in him.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't care if you call him a #1,2,3,or 4 WR what we need is a guy that can separate quickly enough to be a target on goal to go plays. If this guy can bring that to the table AND back up some of the things the other guys already do then he would be a pretty good pick.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seafan":2a9y6sn7 said:

Terrible logic. How often do slam dunk #1 WR's fall to 32 overall?