Johnny Manziel

jake206

Reaction score
I know he's not in the cards for the Seahawks. I'm almost positive he'll be going with the first 5 picks. I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders traded up for Johnny Manziel. He would be perfect QB for that organization...gambling type QB~Farve-like.

Kolsteseahawks

Reaction score
johnny's gonna be a stud in the nfl, I hope either Houston or Cleveland takes him so he can have some weapons around him

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
I vacillate on my prognostication of Johnny. I do think he'll have success, but how to define success? He'll make exciting plays and move the ball, but is he as good as Russell Wilson? No. Is he is as good as Andrew Luck? No. Is he as good as Robert Griffin, Cam Newton, or Kaepernick? No. It depends on the team and offense he's going to be in, but I see his early stat lines being something like 3,300-3,750 yds 55-60% Comp % 15-20 tds 20-25 int. Add in maybe 400-500 yds rushing and a few tds. Can he take the next step to become a good pocket passer? I don't know. I do know he doesn't have the arm of any of those aforementioned guys, so he's already limited in that regard. Really the best thing for him I think would be to go somewhere and sit for a year or two, but that won't happen. I kind of hope uncle Gus pulls the trigger, if only to give them some kind of excitement down there.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Watch Dallas trade up to draft him. It would create the kind of media circus that Jerry just loves.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Best case scenario he goes to a sub .500 team with a good defense like Wilson in 2012.

SeatownJay

Reaction score

justafan

Reaction score
I believe the coach that drafts him will be fired before Johnnys first contract is up.I dont think he will have the discipline or decision making ability to play sandlot football and consistently win like Wilson can.But he wll put people in the stands and sell jerseys.

randomation

Reaction score
Kolsteseahawks":3hpgbqu8 said:
johnny's gonna be a stud in the nfl, I hope either Houston or Cleveland takes him so he can have some weapons around him

You are the person who thinks Andrew Luck runs circles around RW rather than being over-rated to hell and back. So you will have to excuse me if I laugh derisively at literally anything you post.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
He will make decision like Farve. Out of the box and risky decision. Stuff that made Holmgren go...nonono...yes!Yes! Will that mean he will be a consistent winner, maybe not. But will he put up points. I think he will.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I've wavered back and forth on Manziel since last August.. I think a lot of that stemmed from his perceived maturity level and decision making off the field. But honestly, he's just like any other 20-year old kid that hits fame and the limelight a lot earlier than most.. I know if I were 20 and basically on top of the world, I'd probably have made some questionable decisions as well.

I think talent wise, the guy has a lot of potential.. it's just a matter of whether or not he will be able to tighten the screws and focus on the pro game that will determine what kind of career he has IMO.

For that reason, I really hope Manziel doesn't go to an Oakland or Cleveland where there is no veteran presence to keep him in check. I think a team like Houston or Minnesota would be a far better fit. Even the Cowboys drafting him would set him up for a more successful career IMO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1m6u0pfz said:
Watch Dallas trade up to draft him. It would create the kind of media circus that Jerry just loves.
It'd be perfect! I just don't see him being anything better than average in the NFL. He really should have stayed in school he's too immature and his mechanics are flawed. Either way someone is going to overdraft him big time probably Cleveland. If Houston takes a quarterback it will be Bortles because Manziel isn't what their coach wants as a quarterback he likes the classic dropback types with size.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
A&M is losing an awful lot of talent in this draft including top ranked OT & WR's. Johnnie probably made the right choice to go with them.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole, teams already know how to shut him down. LSU provided the blueprint for that, a controlled pass rush and make him throw from the pocket

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hawkinaz":2ih44yzy said:
I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole, teams already know how to shut him down. LSU provided the blueprint for that, a controlled pass rush and make him throw from the pocket
And yet Nick Saban had a whole year to get ready for him and still couldn't stop him. In fact, his second game vs Alabama was better than his first.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1nyuytkk said:
SeatownJay":1nyuytkk said:
It'd be perfect! I just don't see him being anything better than average in the NFL. He really should have stayed in school he's too immature and his mechanics are flawed. Either way someone is going to overdraft him big time probably Cleveland. If Houston takes a quarterback it will be Bortles because Manziel isn't what their coach wants as a quarterback he likes the classic dropback types with size.
Zactly! Bortles over Manzie.