What 1 player do you not want in the draft

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Like the title says, who is the one player you want the Hawks to avoid no matter what in the draft?

For me its, even though I want us to go WR heavy pretty early, Kelvin Benjamin. For someone that's a such a big WR, he plays so much like a small WR.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It's Benjamin for me too. I don't follow college ball too much but every time I've seen him play, I've come away thinking the same as you

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I think Benjamin and Sua-Filo are diversionary smoke clouds for the Seahawks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Benjamin is my big "oh hell no" guy as well, same Ryan Shazier, might be a good player, but talk about a pick that's hard to get excited for when we're already set at LB.

McGruff

Reaction score
If we are talking first round, a guard of any stripe would irk me. I just don't see that kind of talent there to warrant a first round selection.

Benjamin is a guy I would not be excited about, but for some reason if we draft him I know I would get excited about him, if that makes sense. His career tape is so far below his potential it scares me, but his potential is so monstrous it excites me.

Any DT not names Hageman or Donald. I think its a really weak DT class overall.

A running back. I know we're probably going to draft one, and probably earlier than expected, but it would irritate me.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Kelvin Benjamin: I just don't see it. Great frame, everything else is meh. Seems to lack passion.

Xavier Su'a Filo: Don't understand the hype. Good player but didn't see him dominate the Pac-12 like I'd want from a 1st round OG who is now 23 years old.

Brandon Coleman: I love everything about him except I just don't see a natural receiver (how do you teach this?). I think it's going to take a top 2 round pick to get him. The upside is huge, but the floor is a cliff/canyon IMO.

Brandin Cooks: Good little player, just not sure of the fit and don't like the idea of him as a R1 WR (for Seattle). Why take Cooks at 32 when you could take Josh Huff in R4? Obviously Cooks has an extra gear, but is it enough to warrant a R1 selection for SEA?

Ra'Shede Hageman: See Brandon Coleman. Immense upside but man does he scare me. Could be Richard Seymour or could be a nobody.

David Yankey: Another Pac-12 OL that I do not understand the hype. Limited athlete. Can't see him as anything more than a very average interior OL, especially in the NFC West.

**Just a caveat, I love the idea of raw physical talents and am certainly willing to gamble on upside. Some of the high upside/raw prospects I mentioned above; it simply boils down to me having a gut feeling that these guys won't do much (specifically KB, Coleman, and Hageman).

drcool

Reaction score
Kelvin Benjamin and Brandin Cooks are two I don't want to see. I don't think I would want a receiving only TE like Jace Amaro either. But I could be convinced differently on that one.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Had this thread going once already but for me its Jace Amaro with Sua Filo a close second. I see them both mocked to us frequently and i don't want any part of either.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Benjamin and any Washington Husky not named Bishop Sankey

I don't want Amaro either, but not worried at all about that as I don't think he would even be a consideration at 32 or 64

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeatownJay":21brc9mn said:
Kirby Van Der Kamp. Punter just isn't a position of need.

Don't worry, he has Jaguar written all over him. ;)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Su'a Filo and Yankey. Totally underwhelming to me as possible first rounders. 3rd or 4th round? Great. But no way in round 1.

General Manager

Reaction score
Cooks - There's better players available at WR
Bitonio - I prefer Moses if they draft OT in round 1
Filo - I don't want a guard in round one not this year

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ugit4he said:

Okay, this is just silly. I think what you meant to say was Austin Sefarian Jenkins and Keith Price. But all of them? What about Sean Parker? What's not to love about Sean Parker in the late rounds? He's probably going to be a better version of Jeron Johnson and we need another Jeron Johnson type right now. I'm also a really big fan of WR Kevin Smith, just a super polished receiver who plays much faster than his forty time. And for the record, I'd be thrilled to get ASJ any time after our first round pick. He may not have Jimmy Graham's speed but he is going to be one of the better mismatch TEs in the NFL. Talk to any half decent NFL personnel guy and they will talk your ear off about wanting to find mismatch creating players.

The one I will sympathize with you on is Keith Price, but even he has some merits. He's basically the QB equivalent of Jermaine Kearse- he has one glaring flaw but if he fixes it, he's going to be surprise a lot of people. He's very smart and very accurate and decently mobile. But unfortunately he gets injured so easily and his fear of injury noticeably effects his play even when healthy.

But otherwise I agree. Sankey is a stud and Benjamin is one of the more obvious draft landmines I've ever seen.

danp1990

Reaction score
Hands Down!, ''Aaron Donald'' but only if he slips past Minnesota thanks to Zimmer's agressive 4-3, Chicago at 14,and & the Cow-girls at 16...

danp1990

Reaction score
haha..i scimmed throught the bold print! LOL sorry for my stupidity there folks! hmmmmm i guess LG out of Stanford David Yankey.i wouldnt want him...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":grit69ws said:
Hasselbeck":grit69ws said:

Okay, this is just silly. I think what you meant to say was Austin Sefarian Jenkins and Keith Price. But all of them? What about Sean Parker? What's not to love about Sean Parker in the late rounds? He's probably going to be a better version of Jeron Johnson and we need another Jeron Johnson type right now. I'm also a really big fan of WR Kevin Smith, just a super polished receiver who plays much faster than his forty time. And for the record, I'd be thrilled to get ASJ any time after our first round pick. He may not have Jimmy Graham's speed but he is going to be one of the better mismatch TEs in the NFL. Talk to any half decent NFL personnel guy and they will talk your ear off about wanting to find mismatch creating players.

The one I will sympathize with you on is Keith Price, but even he has some merits. He's basically the QB equivalent of Jermaine Kearse- he has one glaring flaw but if he fixes it, he's going to be surprise a lot of people. He's very smart and very accurate and decently mobile. But unfortunately he gets injured so easily and his fear of injury noticeably effects his play even when healthy.

But otherwise I agree. Sankey is a stud and Benjamin is one of the more obvious draft landmines I've ever seen.

Agree to disagree on the other Huskies you named.. I'm not a big fan of ASJ.. maybe I have Jerramy Stevans PTSD but anyway.. wanted to comment on Sankey.

I would be shocked if he were drafted by us, but if they drafted Sankey and moved Turbin for that 7th round pick they gave up for Pryor.. I'd be so pumped. Of course.. all that is a major stretch.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1nw15p9g said:
kearly":1nw15p9g said:
Hasselbeck":1nw15p9g said:

Agree to disagree on the other Huskies you named.. I'm not a big fan of ASJ.. maybe I have Jerramy Stevans PTSD but anyway.. wanted to comment on Sankey.

I would be shocked if he were drafted by us, but if they drafted Sankey and moved Turbin for that 7th round pick they gave up for Pryor.. I'd be so pumped. Of course.. all that is a major stretch.

Never liked ASJ too much either...don't even know why