Pre-Draft Round Table

Chawker

Reaction score
Seahawk's philosophy is "speed over size and production over potential"
Now Russell Wilson is smart enough to grasp the theory if he's going to have a chance to win a ball game, he first has to get the ball in his hands. (ie defence wins championships) So "defence over offence"
Under these premises the logical draft pick would be: 1. if a DB falls (CB) or 2. DE Stephon Tuitt or Kareem Martin.
Please post your logic & theory adding in which side gets your vote.

justafan

Reaction score
I think size is more important than speed in many positions.JS and PC have a philosophy that is really hard to sum up in a sentence.
I think he looks for certain physical and mental traits in each position.Every coach wants big and fast but he isnt married to speed over size or visa versa IMO.
I think he will go offensive line early since its the weakest position on the team at the moment

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Chawker":183pok9l said:
Seahawk's philosophy is "speed over size and production over potential"
Now Russell Wilson is smart enough to grasp the theory if he's going to have a chance to win a ball game, he first has to get the ball in his hands. (ie defence wins championships) So "defence over offence"
Under these premises the logical draft pick would be: 1. if a DB falls (CB) or 2. DE Stephon Tuitt or Kareem Martin.
Please post your logic & theory adding in which side gets your vote.

Not sure if I buy that take on philosophy. Although we value speed abnormally high -- we've never been slaves to it Al Davis style. I would say all things being equal, we like more speed. But I would say we tend to have maybe speed profiles that we like guys to be at.

We seem to be pretty all over the map. We have certainly forgiven average speed with prospects that have gifts elsewhere.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What I remember Pete and John saying about the draft is they focus on positions on the team where they feel they need to increase the level of competition.

Clearly, that is currently the O-line.

I'll be surprised if two of the first three picks are not O-linemen.