If Marqise Lee fell to 32

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Do you draft him even though he's 6 feet tall?

I would LOVE to have a guy like Lee .. of course being a USC homer might cloud my judgment ;) Supposedly this guy is falling down draft boards now (Rang's latest mock has us taking Lee), some have him even dipping into the second round.

What say you?

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
One of my "Draft Predictions" is that Marqise Lee falls out of the 1st round. The drops/lack of hands catching is a concern.

That said, at 32 I'd be very intrigued.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
If he's there at 32, he's most likely the best player sitting there.

He's just so good and IMO will be an awesome pro. YES YOU TAKE HIM!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If he makes it to #32 you samba up to the podium.

He's a top-15 pick and it'll be a stunning upset if he gets past the Jets at #18.

Sensational player.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I guess it depends on who else is on the board, most likely you take him though. There has been whispers Lee could be dropping to late 1st, but with late 1st teams receiver needy like the Panthers and Niners ahead of the Hawks, I'd be surprised he's at #32.

kf3339

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3rqkfr94 said:
If he's there at 32, he's most likely the best player sitting there.

He's just so good and IMO will be an awesome pro. YES YOU TAKE HIM!
:13:

sutz

Reaction score
For me, the thing is we don't need someone to contribute significantly this year. He could hide at the back of the roster and work his way into the games over time. If he can play this year, great, but we could treat him like we did Tate.

:229031_shrug:

McGruff

Reaction score
we are obsessed with a big receiver. I don't get the feeling the front office is.

sutz

Reaction score
McGruff":360japas said:
we are obsessed with a big receiver. I don't get the feeling the front office is.
Well, we know they want one. They've been working on it for years. The operative question is how badly do they want one?

Sure, he might be the BPA if he's there at 32, but he may not be what our FO wants to pick there.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":h3n3u8vd said:
I asked this type of question a few months back and got the following in response.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=89983
Hasselbeck":h3n3u8vd said:
The only way Lee falls to 32 is if he is hit by a bus outside of Lucas Oil Field before the combine

Apparently he wasn't paying attention when he crossed the street. :mrgreen:

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2tgvwlex said:
McGruff":2tgvwlex said:
Well, we know they want one. They've been working on it for years. The operative question is how badly do they want one?

Sure, he might be the BPA if he's there at 32, but he may not be what our FO wants to pick there.

It's nice to have that big guy, ESPECIALLY in red zone situations. With that said, we did re-sign Rice to a very cap friendly one year deal, and we can still develop Chris Matthews. Both are in the 6'4"-6'5" range, so we can draft BPA and if it happens to be a tall receiver, so be it.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
"we" being obsessed with a big receiver doesn't include me... I'm obsessed with the best graded receiver on the board at #32, unless there's guys graded higher at other positions that Pete and John prefer in that spot.

General Manager

Reaction score
He's rated higher than some of the other WR's but that doesn't mean he will be the better pro . There's WR's I like better at 32.

Throwdown

Reaction score
General Manager":ymuhwhfx said:
He's rated higher than some of the other WR's but that doesn't mean he will be the better pro . There's WR's I like better at 32.

What makes you think some of the guys rated lower would be better WRs?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Great kid, fierce competitor and not even close to reaching his ceiling; he's only been playing the WR position for 3-4 school years. Had USC not been under sanctions and short of bodies, he'd have sat until he got healthy and had ultimately more and better-quality playing time last year.

Don't let his somewhat pedestrian 40 time fool you. Marqise isn't a straight-line burner, but he's quick as can be and can make explosive plays.

I will never forget the Arizona game in 2012 when he set a conference (and nearly an NCAA) record for single-game receiving yards: 16 receptions for 345 yards and two touchdowns. He couldn't quite make a catch near the end of the game and then lay on the field for a moment after the game clock ran out, practically sobbing because he felt he let the team down. This after he was pretty much the entire offense for that game. You'd be hard-pressed to find a kid with more heart.

He deserves to go much higher than 32, but if he falls and we get him, I'll dance a jig in my living room.

General Manager

Reaction score
Throwdown":2lnz2blo said:
General Manager":2lnz2blo said:

Well part of evaluating these players is trying project how they translate to the pro's. Based on there game film the competition they played against injury's and of course there measurable. There's WR's I like better based on that criteria .

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
General Manager":12poxxtf said:
Throwdown":12poxxtf said:
General Manager":12poxxtf said:

Well part of evaluating these players is trying project how they translate to the pro's. Based on there game film the competition they played against injury's and of course there measurable. There's WR's I like better based on that criteria .

Interesting opinion.

JKent82

Reaction score
McGruff":2ah11u7q said:

Personally I think quite the opposite. At least the second sentence anyways.

In the draft: Kris Durham, Chris Harper. Both big, raw, 4th round guys named with a variation of Chris.

Guys we've brought in since BMW left: T.O., Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow jr (That role anyways), Antonio Bryant, Stephen Williams, Chris Matthews. There's just been a lot of attempts to get one through the "garbage heap" strategy and it hasn't really worked.

Rumored on trades for: Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall.

Sidney Rice is a bigger receiver, and obviously the guy we pulled the trigger on is a small WR in Percy, but I think its pretty clear how special Pete thinks he is.

I just feel like if the FO has two closely rated receivers they are probably gonna have the bigger one a bit above.