Schneider Pre-Draft Press Conference Transcript

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
This is a must-read. Lot's of great nuggets heading into the draft.

by Curtis Crabtree
KJR reporter
Twitter: @Curtis_Crabtree

RENTON - Seattle Seahawks general manager John Schneider sat down with reported to preview the NFL Draft on Wednesday. However, Schneider also answered some questions outside the scope of the draft that yielded some new information as well.
http://m.sportsradiokjr.com/articles/se ... -12306215/

Largent80

Reaction score
I really think this draft may be the most important of all in the last few years since a LOT of our core players contracts will be up after this year. It happens every year but we recycle with younger players and we can only keep a few players from the core simply because of money.

I just think that J.S and Co. need to nail all the picks this year so we can afford to lose some of those that will get paid. Also, we had the 3 players from last years draft that were all hurt and every one of them appears to be ready to go for this year and if that is the case, then the picks will be less important.

After reading that, it seems Carp will be on the fence, and he has Bowie as first up for RT.

Sounds like Simon will be able to contribute too.

Uthawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it does sound like they're planning a few years out to accommodate for the core contracts. It really was a great read. Does KJR ever release the audio?

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":215msrtr said:
I really think this draft may be the most important of all in the last few years since a LOT of our core players contracts will be up after this year. It happens every year but we recycle with younger players and we can only keep a few players from the core simply because of money.

I just think that J.S and Co. need to nail all the picks this year so we can afford to lose some of those that will get paid. Also, we had the 3 players from last years draft that were all hurt and every one of them appears to be ready to go for this year and if that is the case, then the picks will be less important.

After reading that, it seems Carp will be on the fence, and he has Bowie as first up for RT.

Sounds like Simon will be able to contribute too.

I agree. Last year they drafted for the future. This year it seems they'll be needing to hit on finding future starters plus guys who can contribute this year.

That said, I'm not too worried. This team has a way of producing great players from all round which helps with the recycling of players who leave in free agency.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Uthawk":x418s7g6 said:
Yeah, it does sound like they're planning a few years out to accommodate for the core contracts. It really was a great read. Does KJR ever release the audio?

Usually, yes, but I'm not sure about this time. Press-conference are normally aired live through either Seahawks.com or one of the local sports radio channels, but this one was held off-camera and (I believe) not live, so if it's released it will be from one of the reporters sharing their voice recorder.

(I could be wrong on that)

If it's released and I find it I'll add it to this thread.