The surprise pick of Round 1?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not necessarily from us.. though you can project that if you want to as well.. but in the first round altogether.

My pick? I think Odell Beckham is going to come off the board before Mike Evans in the Top 10.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sankey or Buchanan go near the end of the first round.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Seahawks actually trade up for once, selecting DT Aaron Donald !!!

I can dream can't I ?? :179417:

seabowl

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin or James Carpenter. I hope we don't make a "who's that" pick in round 1 this year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I was down with picking both Carpenter and Irvin, though I thought they'd both go a bit later. I though both were a bit reach but liked both picks. Interestingly Carpenter was a rock in college and I don't think he missed a game to injury and played at a more fit weight than has been the case for him here as he has missed a lot of time to injury and has struggled getting into shape since being a rookie. I though given his athleticism that Carpenter might be a steal at RT, however he has not played well on the right side at all and seems slow mentally as well as seemingly being really overweight.

Irvin is an insane athlete and was a terribly raw prospect leaving college. It's hard to find a guy that weighs 255 and runs 4.4.and who is long armed. Irvin is unpopular here with a few guys but has the physical ability to be a talented pass rusher in the NFL and has already flashed exceptional ability there, rookie leader in sacks. His season as an OLB will help him develop as a run stopping Leo DE and it's far too soon to count him as a failed choice.

Equally when healthy, which has been rare, Carpenter has flashed moments of superior play but so far nothing equal to his 25th pick. I'm more down on him but wonder if we saw him back at his college weight and in shape how well he could play. I think he could then show his selection at 25 was justified.

On topic I suspect there could be a few more DLinemen and CBs picked in the 1st rd than are presently projected.

seabowl

Reaction score
ivotuk":a4qcdnl4 said:
Louis Nix III. Stout back up for Mebane and eventual replacement.

I would not be surprised by this and would like Nix. Big dude to plug the running lanes.