Trade partners Jets-Idzik Jags-Bradley

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Just because of familiarity I would say that the Jets and Jags are the likeliest trade partners if we want to slide out of 32 and get some extra picks. According to the trade value chart (outdated I believe) we would get hosed by more than a 100 points, but I think I would still pull the trigger since the draft is so deep this year and we are picking pretty much at the end of each round except for round 5.

Jax Gets Our Round 1 Pick 32
In return we get Jax Round 3 pick 6, Round 4 pick 5, Round 4 pick 14, Round 5 pick 4 and Round 5 pick 19.

or

NYJ gets our Round 1 Pick 32
In return we get NYJ Round 3 Pick 16, Round 4 Pick 4, Round 4 Pick 15, Round 5 pick 14, Round 6 Pick 19

Other teams that we are familiar with but less likely to trade with would be Green Bay and Detroit

GB gets Round 1 Pick 32
In return we get Round 2 pick 21, Round 3 Pick 21 and Round 4 pick 21 (GB does have a compensatory pick in the 3rd round they can't trade so maybe moving up in the draft is a possibility for them)

DET gets Round 1 pick 32
In return we get Round 2 pick 13, Round 3 pick 12 and Round 4 pick 11 (DET does have 2 compensatory picks in the 4th rounder)

Other team I would love to talk to would be CLE, they have two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders.

I really wouldn't mind any of these scenarios. More picks the better.

SoCalHawk

Reaction score
Jags give up 5 picks for 1? Over half their draft in this deep class? You've been playing too much Madden franchise mode...

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
This is the week of lies, of course. But, it's being reported that the Browns are trying to possibly get another 1st round pick. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... round-pick All the reasons behind this have been discussed in other threads here in the draft forum. So, not going to repeat a bunch of info. But, it's interesting that the Seahawks are mentioned specifically because they are sitting there right ahead of Houston. The last few picks of the first round might take the entire allotted time. But, I think the Niners may try to move up. I think the Patriots and Broncos use their 1st round picks trying to get better. The Hawks do seem like the likely trade partner for a team trying to get that player that is going to be coveted in the top of the 2nd round.

I'm sure everyone is aware of the draft value chart. I think this is the standard chart (and all that are available online are the same.) If there's a better one (with different info), go ahead and post it. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php So, for example... The Browns would need to trade at least their 2nd rounder (pick 3, 35th overall) and their first 5th rounder (pick 5, number 145 overall) to move up to the 32 spot. Maybe a little more than that do to supply and demand.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
If we were to trade with Jags, which I believe could happen if a QB is sitting at 32, should net us the Jags 39th pick in the 2nd, the 104 pick in the 4th and a 6th round pick. The value charge is within 10 points of being even.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
twelthmanfan":3vrj2gn8 said:
If we were to trade with Jags, which I believe could happen if a QB is sitting at 32, should net us the Jags 39th pick in the 2nd, the 104 pick in the 4th and a 6th round pick. The value charge is within 10 points of being even.

If they're trading back into R1 it'd be for a QB and in that case I think we could leverage a 3rd out of them.