Carl Bradford ASU

Chawker

Reaction score
Carl Bradford ASU 6'1" 250 4.7 40
Played DE at ASU and is projected as a OLBer in the draft but, I was thinking that Bradford would make a wonderful "Mike" LBer. Do you think he could make this transition to the middle?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I don't think so because he doesn't look very natural playing in space or dropping back into coverage.

He might make a good special teams player and reserve LEO, but he lacks ideal length for the position. Has alligator arms (30'').

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/A_Ws2rHnrd4

Try watching the link I provided above and I'll ask,... if you think he (Bradford) can make the transition to the middle linebacker position at the "PRO" level.

We can hire somebody to tuck in his shirt.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Chawker":1quwqc09 said:
http://youtu.be/A_Ws2rHnrd4

Try watching the link I provided above and I'll ask,... if you think he (Bradford) can make the transition to the middle linebacker position at the "PRO" level.

We can hire somebody to tuck in his shirt.

It's possible he could make the transition. He was a MLB at Norco HS, but he also really struggled in coverage during that time. Carroll was familiar with him; I believe he considered offering him as a FB while he was coaching at SC.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Bradford and Sutton had a combine 44 1/2 sacks in 2012 season and with his "alligator" arms he cleared 400lbs. I've heard he could go as high as the second round. He sounds like the type of player who'd make a good Seahawk.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Chawker":2lc271qr said:
Bradford and Sutton had a combine 44 1/2 sacks in 2012 season and with his "alligator" arms he cleared 400lbs. I've heard he could go as high as the second round. He sounds like the type of player who'd make a good Seahawk.

If he does, it will probably be to do what he did so well in college, which was attacking the backfield at DE/OLB.

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
I'm very high on Sutton and Bradford. If you watch tape on Sutton as a junior you would think he was a guaranteed first rounder. The dude just got too heavy. Bradford is a great athlete and put up some impressive measurements at the combine. I think Bradford would make a great OLB/LEO prospect.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
That highlight reel makes him look a bit like Clay Matthews. I don't know if it's just his tenacity with the hair or what. Seriously, Bradford is a good football player and probably will be drafted in the first two rounds. I wouldn't be shocked to see him drafted by the Hawks.