Poll: What AREA/POSITION do Hawks draft first?

What say you?

• Quarterback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Running Back

• Offensive Line

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Tight End

• Wide Receiver

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Defensive Line

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Linebacker

• Defensive Back

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Not looking for specific players though feel free to chime in. I'm more interested in what area of the team you think John and Pete are going to select whether it's round one or round two via trade down. For me it's D-Line. I think they saw this past season what depth means to that area of the team and with the loss of McDonald, Clemons and Big Red the depth needs replenished.

I might add that with the depth of the WR position in this draft, I think that's another reason they go D-Line. I see WR in round 2.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I voted WR but if they actually use the pick it will be either the best player of the OL or WR. But likely I think they trade down.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawks definitely won't reach for a position.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The least competitive position on the Hawks team is for OT... therefore, I believe that position will be their first pick... unless one of the WR they view as "must have" slides to them in the 1st round.

Chawker

Reaction score
Round 1 we need to consider OL, DL, WR and CB (Thats in no particular order) With are limited number of selections this year trading back is a real possibility. However if no trade is possible, then BEFORE making your selection lets see who is our best bet in round two. I believe getting 2 (TWO) good "quality" picks is as important as getting 1 great selection, given our limited selections.
Addressing both offensive and defensive needs here and draftable players in the later rounds, I would select WR in the first and DE in the second round. Then address the OL next, its the only logical path for us.

two dog

Reaction score
I'm backing my vote. They will draft Ja'Wuan james. If he's gone, I'm practicing spelling
Cyrus Kouandjio (of the Cameroon Kouandjios).