Jeff Janis Saginaw Valley State WR 6'3" 219#

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Janis tested extremely well at the NFL Combine. His numbers included 4.42 seconds in the forty-yard dash, 6.64 seconds in the 3-cone drill (third among wide receivers in 2014) and his 20 reps on the bench press. Janis also was one of the few Division II players to be invited to the Reese's Senior Bowl."

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014 ... e-receiver

"He's got height, weight and speed," Mayock said.

The 6-foot-3, 219-pound receiver ran a 4.4 in the 40-yard dash, one of the best times in his position group, at the NFL Combine in March.

"Because of that, I was really looking forward to seeing him at the Senior Bowl," Mayock said. "I thought he struggled a little bit there. At that point people were saying if he's a 4.4 guy, that size, is he a third or fourth round pick?"

http://www.mlive.com/cardinals/index.ss ... views.html

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
He was really bad at the Senior Bowl. I got a chance to watch not only the games, but some of the live feeds of practice. Everything was alligator arms/body catch. Really intriguing athlete but about as unnatural as it gets as a WR. I think the hope for him would be to become Ricardo Lockette. Provide a few huge plays during the year. Contribute on ST. He's got a long ways to go before you could count on him as a regular WR. Very intriguing though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Janis had a hell of a lot more college production than Lockette.

It's a lot of guessing with Janis. Will he learn to run routes? Will he learn to extend those smallish hands? Still, he has a lot more on his resume than Durham did, and he was a guy they gambled on here in Seattle.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2jar1sl8 said:
Janis had a hell of a lot more college production than Lockette.

It's a lot of guessing with Janis. Will he learn to run routes? Will he learn to extend those smallish hands? Still, he has a lot more on his resume than Durham did, and he was a guy they gambled on here in Seattle.

Yeah at 9'' 's his hands are freakishly small for his size. Hell I'm 5'6'' and have 9'' hands, and to my point I'm like a monkey fornicating with a football trying to catch it ... but alot of that also is I'm iRo nerd quality athletic and coordinated.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
I would kill to have 9" hands lol. I have 7 inchers, and somehow played wide receiver collegiately. My hands are literally like that guy's from the whopper commercial.

Seafan

Reaction score
My guess is the FO won't waste a draft pick on a number 2 or 3 receiver when the roster is loaded with them.