Report: Big names fail drug test at Combine

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
"FOX Sports has learned that more than 10 players were identified to NFL teams as either testing positive for drugs or having a diluted sample in February.

The top prospect on the list was Florida State defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan, who is projected as a mid-first-round selection. Another big name was Louisiana State quarterback Zach Mettenberger. ProFootballTalk.com first reported that Mettenberger tested positive for having a diluted urine sample, which would count as a failed test under the NFL'€™s drug program.

Among the other notable players who were listed to NFL teams as having failed Combine drug tests in February were LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson, University of Miami tackle Seantrel Henderson, and Florida State linebackers Telvin Smith and Christian Jones."
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/glaz ... ine-050514

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Is Seantrel Henderson really trying to screw up his getting drafted early or what? The FSU guys must all smoke up as their draft class has more failed tests in than anywhere else.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":l5yx5w73 said:
Timmy Jernigan is a really good player.

I agree. I think he's been picked apart in the draft process, but he impacts the game like not many other tackles in this draft. I haven't been super high on him as Seattle's pick, but if this report is true, who knows, maybe he drops to #64. Pete has taken a chance on prospects who failed their drug tests before.

Also curious where the two FSU linebackers fall to now. They were project a bit early for Seattle, imo, but this could drop them to a spot they can get some value.

Henderson is a total headcase. A mental midget. At this point, I would not spend any pick on him, despite his potential and athleticism. UDFA.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jammerhawk":47wycjnd said:
The FSU guys must all smoke up as their draft class has more failed tests in than anywhere else.

They all smoke up then Jameis Winston provides the crab legs for their munchies fix.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2ctn01np said:
hawknation2014":2ctn01np said:
Timmy Jernigan is a really good player.

I agree. I think he's been picked apart in the draft process, but he impacts the game like not many other tackles in this draft. I haven't been super high on him as Seattle's pick, but if this report is true, who knows, maybe he drops to #64. Pete has taken a chance on prospects who failed their drug tests before.

Also curious where the two FSU linebackers fall to now. They were project a bit early for Seattle, imo, but this could drop them to a spot they can get some value.

Henderson is a total headcase. A mental midget. At this point, I would not spend any pick on him, despite his potential and athleticism. UDFA.

Jernigan's hand usage is so impressive. You're right, he's a rare talent. If he can keep his head on straight, he will be an All Pro, double-digit sack inside rusher.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It's getting so it's a surprise when LSU or FSU players pass a drug test.

CPHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2rorzu4u said:
Just hopefully not for us in Seattle.

Jammer I'm not understanding anything you just posted? Final step? That would be Super Bowl champs, done. And our pass rush was pretty damn good last year.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Jernigan strikes me as an undersized 3-4 NT with really short arms. I hope SEA passes on him. Really strong, but not much of a pass rusher. I want more than a run stuffer at 32 or 64.

two dog

Reaction score
I'm surprised LSU lets Florida State one up them in number of tokers. Compete fellas, compete!

This same thing made Warren Sapp drop in the draft. That worked out pretty good.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wonder what their definition of "diluted" is? I'm on a pain contract so get piss tested all the time. But I also have allergies so I drink a lot of water (192 ounces per day on average) which helps flush things. I've had diluted tests and had to retest, but it doesn't bother my doctor.

It seems with all the work outs these guys do, especially someone like Mettenberger who's coming off of an injury, that they would be going through lots of liquids like Gatorade and possibly tea.