Timmy Jernigan at 32

godawg

Reaction score
When Timmy Jernigan comes falling down the Draft Board for smoking pot, it might be a good move to catch him. He doesn't have the conditioning to play every down, but he'd be a beast in our rotations. He can be a difference maker.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but Jernigan is basically an undersized 3-4 NT. He has really short arms and is purely a run stuffer. He's a strong kid but I'm not sure he provides real value as a one dimensional DL, especially when that one dimension isn't pass rush.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
He has extremely active hands. He disengages really well. His 63 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, and 4.5 sacks led all of FSU defensive linemen. He was second on the team in sacks, behind Joyner's 5.5, third in tackles, and first in tackles for loss.

FSU had so many blowouts wins (12 wins by more than 30 points) that Jernigan and most of their starters saw very little action in the Fourth Quarter of games.

[youtube]ArKwiUUdeG8[/youtube]

Tical21

Reaction score
I just cannot get over him standing on the sidelines and watching with the national title on the line.

OP
OP
godawg

godawg

Reaction score
That was a tough image to swallow Tical, but that's what he'd be doing in our rotation, and he is a wrecking ball when he's fresh.

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
I would rather have the 2012 version of Will Sutton. Seems like everyone forgets that Sutton was a first round prospect if he would have come out after his junior season. He just needs to play at his more natural weight and look out.

kearly

Reaction score
Reminds me of Mebane, without the awesome first step.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I really hope we can trade back and pick up a 3rd. Sutton might be available early there and with some weight loss and conditioning he could return to his former self.

I keep hearing about Jernigan's hands but I'm getting the feeling that somebody said that early on and everyone else has picked up on it. I doubt I put in as much time as most of you, but from what little I have seen, I'm just not impressed with the guy.

Lately it's like Florida State D linemen are "first round talents," as are Florida DTs. What's up with that?