Jeremiah Attaochu

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
He's my guess for the Seahawks 1st pick (whether it's at 32 or elsewhere via trade).

Why?

1. He's an extremely high energy, full motor kid. He plays with extraordinary effort. Watch a few clips and it's hard not see his personality fitting in with this team.
2. He's still a raw, premium athlete with a huge upside - SPARQ'd up.
3. A position of relative need. LEO - Avril only here for a year and Mayowa unproven but promising.
4. Instant contributor even if it's only on 3rd down in pass rushing situations. The thought of Attaochu, Avril, Bennett, and Irvin going after the QB on 3rd and long is scary. A year to adjust before potentially becoming the full time LEO.
5. I haven't heard anything revolving around the Seahawks and Attaochu, despite being a natural fit (LEO) in the right (perceived) draft range.
6. He looks eerily similar to Cliff Avril IMO. Despite being a speed rush guy, I've seen flashes of him converting Speed to Power, which is a really unique quality.

Bonus factor: He turned 21 in January despite already being a Senior in college. This not only allows for more physical projection/growth, but it shows his maturity level. He's a transplant from Africa and seems to have a really good head on his shoulders and a track record of overcoming adversity. The biggest thing IMO, is that he has 3 years of good production and got noticeably better each year (with more room to grow). We saw what having a lethal pass rush can do for this defense. I gotta think he'd be high on their list.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Important thing to remember with Cliff Avril -- he ran an exceptional 4.51 at the combine with an even better (elite) 1.50 ten yard split.

OP
OP
M

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Very true. I believe Attaochu ran in the high 4.5s with a 1.55 split. Still pretty dang good. I also like the youth factor with him. Still a very young/moldable guy. Good stuff Rob.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Attaochu's 3-cone: 7.28
Avril's 3-cone: 6.90

Attaochu's short shuttle: 4.68
Avril's short shuttle: 4.31

two dog

Reaction score
It would be the height of folly to draft someone with numbers that did not equal Cliff avril's.
What happened to the 85% weighting of film study ?

Latest posts