To Much Smoke

Chawker

Reaction score
It's like every team has such a wild grip on information released to the media, and none of it is true. Just smoke. I really try to remain calm and ignore the bull crap. I mean what's next? Houston Texans considering Manzel at #1.
And on a more local scale, you mention player X (which you think "may" be a possible fit) for team Y and people roast you with nothing more then there narrow minded opinions. No reasons,..... I'm not mentioning any names here, I'm trying to avoid any confrontations with people. People I normally enjoy reading what they have to say. But at draft time, its a whole different story.
Ok, enough said, I hope everybody has a wonderful draft and I'm hoping that JS & PC nail this draft, so we can back up our mighty championship season with another. CHEERS

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Chawker":3sl5zujf said:
It's like every team has such a wild grip on information released to the media, and none of it is true. Just smoke. I really try to remain calm and ignore the bull crap. I mean what's next? Houston Texans considering Manzel at #1.
And on a more local scale, you mention player X (which you think "may" be a possible fit) for team Y and people roast you with nothing more then there narrow minded opinions. No reasons,..... I'm not mentioning any names here, I'm trying to avoid any confrontations with people. People I normally enjoy reading what they have to say. But at draft time, its a whole different story.
Ok, enough said, I hope everybody has a wonderful draft and I'm hoping that JS & PC nail this draft, so we can back up our mighty championship season with another. CHEERS

The great Russell Wilson once said.... "ignore the noise". :thirishdrinkers:

Those words can be used for your first and second statements. Seem to be two different topics grouped into one, but Russell's words fit both.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The extra two weeks, it has been awful. I don't even read mainstream sites because they don't actually 'report' anything, just full of crap. Sports media feels more and more like celeb news. No one cares about journalistic integrity anymore.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The issue with draft coverage is that all 32 teams have strong incentives to keep the other teams in the dark, and releasing misinformation is a good strategy for them to obscure any real information that leaks.

Let's suppose that you are a mainstream reporter (with journalistic integrity) and you talk to a scout for the Seahawks who says the team really likes Cody Latimer. There could be multiple layers of misinformation involved, because even if you trust the scout and have worked with them before, there is no guarantee that the scout was given the correct information by the team. Schneider's story about leaving Irvin in the third round on his board illustrates this well; he preferred to listen to his scout argue every day that Irvin was ranked too low than to put him where he actually had him and then risk any information getting out.

The result is this situation where there is nothing solid to report but there are still a lot of people paid to be reporting things.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Rapoport is terrible, all year around. He is like ICB. Just throws crap out there, hopes it sticks. Then gloats like a fool and calls out other media directly if it turns out to be true etc. when he is flat out wrong, never eats crow.