RG3 type deal to trade up to #1

tifferradish

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rall-pick/

Who here would take that deal to move up and get Clowney? Part of me says I'd do it, because of how rare of a talent he is. Our front office has shown time and time again, that it knows how to draft well in the later rounds. I think I would be happy if it happened, but I seriously doubt it will.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Our first round picks will be worth a hell of a lot less than Washington's. Washington only moved up four spots. How much would you have to give Houston to get them to move back 31 spots?

Maybe throw in one of our marquee players in addition to future first round picks? It wouldn't be worthwhile for either team.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
IMO this would be completely contradictory to everything that JS is as a GM, we build the roster through the draft. I don't believe he will ever mortgage an entire draft+ for one player, ever.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
All our picks added together dont add up to enough to move up to number one on a single trade value chart. We would probably have to throw in all of next year's non compensatory picks as well. Seriously.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1meolqjk said:
All our picks added together dont add up to enough to move up to number one on a single trade value chart. We would probably have to throw in all of next year's non compensatory picks as well. Seriously.

Without looking at the chart, not only are you right, but we'd probably also have to throw in next year's 1 to go with those compensatory picks. As attractive as they should be.

Too many questions surrounding Clowney for my liking. The only sure-fire pick in this draft (IMO) that would warrant a mega deal, would be Greg Robinson. I would bet the farm he sees more pro bowls than any other player selected.

two dog

Reaction score
Never, nohow, no way. JS regards draft picks like gold and has said so. Unless the deal
is too good to turn down, eg. getting an athlete like Terrell Pryor for a seventh round
draft pick.

Schneider will make every effort to increase our number of draft picks, not lessen them.

jhern87

Reaction score
At this point we need a steady rotation of young guys coming to the team.. Personally I'd rather keep our picks and possibly get a guy like Dee Ford where we're at. I think he would be a beast coming off of the edge.

sutz

Reaction score
We're already "at the top." We don't need that one player to put us over. Silly idea IMHO, and not even worth speculating about.

:229031_shrug:

jblaze

Reaction score
No way in hell. Not the PC/JS way nor is it feasible given how much we'd have to give up to get to #1.

We're trying to trade back to get more picks, not less. We need cheap talent to mitigate some of the losses we've had and will have in the future. Given how the new CBA contracts are, you've got team control for 5 years from the draft and that's invaluable to a team. Not to mention, we have some holes to fill. Not so much this year for starters per se, but we need some hedging of our bets to make sure we're covered for CB's, LB's, DE's and DT's in the next couple of years as cap casualties happen or guys move on.

Given the track record of PC/JS, I think they trade back a couple of times in this draft starting with #32. We'll pick up a third from that and maybe a 4th rounder to pick up a late 5th or early 6th.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawkWow":3hgzh26v said:
Scottemojo":3hgzh26v said:

Without looking at the chart, not only are you right, but we'd probably also have to throw in next year's 1 to go with those compensatory picks. As attractive as they should be.

Too many questions surrounding Clowney for my liking. The only sure-fire pick in this draft (IMO) that would warrant a mega deal, would be Greg Robinson. I would bet the farm he sees more pro bowls than any other player selected.
Cant trade compensatory picks

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hawknation2014":35979j71 said:
Our first round picks will be worth a hell of a lot less than Washington's. Washington only moved up four spots. How much would you have to give Houston to get them to move back 31 spots?

Maybe throw in one of our marquee players in addition to future first round picks? It wouldn't be worthwhile for either team.
Yeah, even if we traded them the next five first-round picks, they'd all be at #32.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I love Clowney but no.. not worth it. We need these picks to replace the talent that will eventually depart via FA

Latest posts