Mayocks mock draft.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
That is a pick I cannot get on board with. I think that would be about as bad of a pick as we could make, especially considering we turned 3 late round DBs and a UDFA from Canada into top of the line starting DBs in this league.

Not sure I got my point across?? Haha, I kid.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
That pick makes no sense so I bet he is spot on. Pete and John always do the unexpected so who knows? What would make sense is to trade down but you need a dance partner for that.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3kqxzl8d said:
Even if he is Sherman's equal, I don't know that I like that pick.
Umm....what?!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
A few nights ago he had us picking Amaro. I think he has churned out 500 different mocs covering almost all of his baces.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
During the PC/JS era, the Seahawks have not taken any CB higher than round 4 (Thurmond, 2010). The only DB we have drafted higher than round 4 was Earl Thomas in 2010. All other DB's were drafted in round 5 or later.

Even though Baptiste may fit a "profile", the front office has never shown any rush to draft a CB high in the draft, and seems to be confident in their ability to uncover under-valued talent.

But Mayock is the expert, what do we know

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":pdakkxyc said:
During the PC/JS era, the Seahawks have not taken any CB higher than round 4 (Thurmond, 2010). The only DB we have drafted higher than round 4 was Earl Thomas in 2010. All other DB's were drafted in round 5 or later.

Even though Baptiste may fit a "profile", the front office has never shown any rush to draft a CB high in the draft, and seems to be confident in their ability to uncover under-valued talent.

But Mayock is the expert, what do we know
Spot on.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3e7g0v7b said:
EverydayImRusselin":3e7g0v7b said:
Umm....what?!

I'm thinking similar to how JS says he grades the roster. Look at Bmax. In the short time he was the starter he performed at probably 90% of Sherman's level. The question is, do you think all of these elite CB's are falling in the draft, or do you think Caroll's system/coaching takes good athletes and turns them into elite CB's? If you believe the later(I do), then a CB who is small upgrade over the incumbent (that's ignoring Lane and Simon as well) is not worth a 1st rd pick. I'd rather them upgrade the roster elswehere.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3pskxuz4 said:
A few nights ago he had us picking Amaro. I think he has churned out 500 different mocs covering almost all of his baces.
Mayock is the guy who had that story about the Seahawks trading down in the first round. He said in that he thought we'd probably trade out of the first round.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":262ieyfb said:
Hawkfan77":262ieyfb said:
EverydayImRusselin":262ieyfb said:
Umm....what?!

I'm thinking similar to how JS says he grades the roster. Look at Bmax. In the short time he was the starter he performed at probably 90% of Sherman's level. The question is, do you think all of these elite CB's are falling in the draft, or do you think Caroll's system/coaching takes good athletes and turns them into elite CB's? If you believe the later(I do), then a CB who is small upgrade over the incumbent (that's ignoring Lane and Simon as well) is not worth a 1st rd pick. I'd rather them upgrade the roster elswehere.
So you're saying we don't need 2 elite CBs?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":dcfir8uc said:
Hawkfan77":dcfir8uc said:
EverydayImRusselin":dcfir8uc said:
Umm....what?!

Schneider doesn't go along with the common wisdom in the NFL and he makes his own assesments of these players and gets steals in the draft--Russell Wilson dropped because he was supposedly too short, Sherman supposedly too slow.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If we go corner early it'll need to be a special athlete. SJB can jump, but he is not a special athlete.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":35vdokcr said:
EverydayImRusselin":35vdokcr said:
Hawkfan77":35vdokcr said:
EverydayImRusselin":35vdokcr said:
Umm....what?!

So you're saying we don't need 2 elite CBs?

I'm saying we don't need to draft an elite CB in the 1st round. I believe the Hawks coaching staff can turn less than elite CB's into elite CB's and so do not need to spend the 1st rd capital on one.

two dog

Reaction score
If SJB is Sherman's equal, you won't have to worry about drafting him at 32.

These mocks are like the famous anatomical feature that everyone has. Feel free to adopt
the ones you love and hate on the ones you disagree with. It's mock drafting. Mayock
at least is talking from the perspective of a former NFL jock, most are not.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That's just Mayock saying "damn I'm tired of this, I'll just start throwing shit at the wall and see what stick" Seattle, DB." There, done!