Austin Seferian-Jenkins - The forgotten man?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I haven't heard reports on him in weeks. Do you reckon the hawks are looking at him in the end of the first? You know the hawks always talk most about the players they aren't actually targeting, and I haven't heard much about him.

And before you say we re-signed Zach Miller so it's not a possibility, how bout Christine Michael being drafted last year with Lynch here?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think if the reports of him running in the 4.5's is in fact correct it wouldn't shock me although I think he is more of a mid second rounder.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Yeah I don't expect to see him drafted tonight, he has kinda fallen off the map lately considering he didn't participate in the combine (or did he just do limited activities?) and then has had the injury issue ever since.

If he had been fully healthy and participated in the combine and a pro day, I'm guessing we'd see him going as either the first, second or third TE taken in the draft. His draft stock has plummeted though when you consider going mid first round to the middle or end of the second round at best. That's a big difference in money.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I keep putting down Seferain-Jenkins in all these threads with people asking who we take.

I think he's gonna be a star. But what do I know haha. And I have a huge Pacific Northwest bias so ......

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think he has the potential and the physical talents to be a better version of Jermichael Finley. He's very athletic (plays both football and basketball for UW) and can be a great target in the red zone and middle of the field. He played pretty well in the UW offense which I believe asked him to do a decent amount of blocking. He is an interesting prospect and I would welcome him to the Hawks, but I don't think TE will be a viable draft pick in the 2nd or 3rd round as we have Miller, McCoy and Willson all returning as a pretty strong TE corps.

I look forward to see where he goes.

Largent80

Reaction score
Honestly, I would not be surprised if we pick him. Have you seen the last 4 drafts?...... Since the draft was 2 weeks later.......as Arnold said.......

[youtube]XY5KTVA_2ys[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
IF we get ASJ and a 4th out of today, I will be beyond stoked. IF we want him, I think Atlanta poses our greatest threat but I am hopeful they prefer Amaro. Several reasons ASJ has dropped and none of them very good, IMO. None that will have a negative impact on his career, IMO.

It will get dicey for me though if Lee is still on the board. I am more comfortable with our current TEs than I am our WRs and Lee would be a nice plug in for Harvin (etc).