NFC West Draft arms race

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
AZ jumps ahead of the game, successfully adding a 3rd round pick. STL was rather pedestrian in their two first round picks, especially the bland DT selection.

Yet to be determined, Santa Clara and Seattle.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
seatt1eslew":1z6w8z5z said:
AZ jumps ahead of the game, successfully adding a 3rd round pick. STL was rather pedestrian in their two first round picks, especially the bland DT selection.

Yet to be determined, Santa Clara and Seattle.
Really? Taking the best OT & DT in the draft is "pedestrian"?

JZ#1

Reaction score
The Rams could take jesus christ himself and people would be bashing the pick around here. Are we here to talk football or are we hear to drink koolaid?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
JZ#1":1j91i166 said:
The Rams could take jesus christ himself and people would be bashing the pick around here. Are we here to talk football or are we hear to drink koolaid?
No kidding. Still, I am glad they didn't grab Watkins. Also, very glad all their pre draft bullshit about Manziel was just smoke, and ecstatic that they did not spin that 2nd pick into another blockbuster trade like RGthree.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We couldn't block the Rams defensive line last season. They just drafted a player that will make that line better mean while we jettisoned our starting RT and traded our first round pick to help the vikings finally get a QB? Let's wait and see who we end up with before we start criticizing another team's draft picks.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1vs3fb67 said:
JZ#1":1vs3fb67 said:
No kidding. Still, I am glad they didn't grab Watkins. Also, very glad all their pre draft bullshit about Manziel was just smoke, and ecstatic that they did not spin that 2nd pick into another blockbuster trade like RGthree.

Totally agree on all points..I was going to throw out a bunch of cuss words if Houston passed on Clowney and the Rams raked in a blockbuster deal AGAIN....and all from the trade from RG3....how many extra picks have they gotten now from that one trade?

aawolf

Reaction score
Scottemojo":10o5665u said:
JZ#1":10o5665u said:
Fo' real...those were exactly the picks I would have made if I were St. Louis. They are raking up the talent down there and their D-Line just got a lot more scary, which is bad for our O-line (especially if we have an injury there) and Wilson. They were pretty unstoppable last year.

godawg

Reaction score
Someone suggested that the Rams defense is the reason we traded for Pryor-so we can keep Russell Wilson in one piece.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
godawg":2vvzx8ml said:
Someone suggested that the Rams defense is the reason we traded for Pryor-so we can keep Russell Wilson in one piece.
:229031_confused2:

OP
OP
seatt1eslew

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Describing the Rams' picks as "pedestrian" was not criticizing their picks, especially after researching Donald a little more. It was merely a lack of "wow" factor, other than the fact they were the #2 and #13 pick overall; of course they are good prospects. Pedestrian: "lacking inspiration or excitement; dull"

I still think AZ has done the best thus far, relative to what they had to work with. Adding the 3rd Rder and still landing Bucannon appears successful. Santa Clara's addition of Jimmie Ward qualifies as "pedestrian" as well, especially considering all the money the spent on Bethea. LOB envy running rampant in the NFC West.

Hawks did what they wanted on Day 1; avoid having to take anyone. Also, relatively boring, but necessary.

Day 1 grade:
AZ: B+
SC: C
STL: B
SEA: INC

Largent80

Reaction score
To me, O-Line has absolutely got to be a priority. Normally we could wait until later, however it would be nice to add a guy right away that they feel will contribute immediately.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
JZ#1":3m63wtyl said:

You don't win without a QB.

McGruff

Reaction score
Largent80":2k1onpcg said:
To me, O-Line has absolutely got to be a priority. Normally we could wait until later, however it would be nice to add a guy right away that they feel will contribute immediately.

I don't think that guy exists anymore. Cyrus is the only guy left I'd be comfortable penciling in ahead of Bowie, and he's got major injury concerns. The rest are all athletic but raw small school projects and mediocre sloppy big school guys. After James, it was a pretty steep drop in the tackle department.

McGruff

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":39melj0g said:
JZ#1":39melj0g said:

Yoou also don't win with a mediocre QB . . . which is what this draft has to offer. Its a bad QB class.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":30iuifpn said:
JZ#1":30iuifpn said:

Evidently you missed JC's pro day? I heard he turned int's in to td's.

rlkats

Reaction score
Draft grades

Rams. A
Cards B
Niners A. Due to getting Stevie Johnson
Seattle. Tbd

HansGruber

Reaction score
Draft grades are stupid. No way to tell for at least a few seasons

JZ#1

Reaction score
Every single team got WAY better in the NFC West this offseason. I could see almost any team winning the division now.

mikeak

Reaction score
McGruff":1d2onyph said:
ImTheScientist":1d2onyph said:
JZ#1":1d2onyph said:

Yoou also don't win with a mediocre QB . . . which is what this draft has to offer. Its a bad QB class.

+1

To me what is worse than no QB is a mediocre one. Look at Minnesota and Ponder. They should have sucked it up one more year and gotten a real qb. Drafting up for a mediocre / bad qb obviously didn't help

-The Glove-

Reaction score
JZ#1":1balapt4 said:

Why are all of your posts bashing the Seahawks fan base on this forum?