Aaron Donald - St. Louis Rams

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
I am not excited about this as it relates to the Hawks. They beat up Wilson last year, and Donald is the best interior rusher in the draft. They now have arguably the best defensive line in the league. Really hoping we improve our o-line in the coming days to protect our offensive assets...

dopeboy206

Reaction score
He is a monster. Rams just got scarier on defense...

Timmahawk

Reaction score
They still won't be able to put points on the board.

kearly

Reaction score
Was super pumped when this pick was called. Manziel at #13 was a nightmare I'd been having for months.

Donald is legit, but their pass rush didn't have much room for improvement.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Rams have had the best draft after round one, which I feared going in.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Greg Robinson AND Aaron Donald...

smh...

I was chanting Dar-Queze, Dar-Queze, Dar-Queze... hoping against hope they'd screw it up...
and then when Roger said "With the 13th pick, the St. Louis Rams select: Aaron Donald
I literally ran for the bathroom...

I hope Russell was wearing his seatbelt when they announced this one.

Crazy.

two dog

Reaction score
Damn, damn, and damn. My heart sank when they announced it.

I wanted him so badly, he would have the Hawk's D absolutely lethal.
Now he's a Ram. Damn, damn and damn.

amill87

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1dp9f95a said:
Rams draft top 10 players every year.

They suck

QFT. The Rams have been drafting really high for awhile. As much as every team wants to be like the Seahawks and win with a dominating defense, you still need a QB to hold the offense together unless you plan on holding the opposing team to less than 10 points every game.

Good for the Rams. They got a good player. Just remember kiddos, don't fall for the sexy drafts. The super bowl is won in April (May, now?), but it isn't won by the team with the sexiest drafts.

lukerguy

Reaction score
kearly":w7kkrt89 said:
Was super pumped when this pick was called. Manziel at #13 was a nightmare I'd been having for months.

I'm not sure I buy this logic? That's like saying the Seahawks can't improve by adding Darrell Revis as their Nickel CB.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
lukerguy":3ah6nnqc said:
kearly":3ah6nnqc said:

I'm not sure I buy this logic? That's like saying the Seahawks can't improve by adding Darrell Revis as their Nickel CB.

You missed the point. Yes if we could draft a Revis it would help our secondary, but why draft a Revis when you have a WR corps full of Deon Branchs. The bigger improvement to your team would be to draft a WR. That's what Kearly is trying to say.

Edit: before some of you go all crazy I was speaking in hypothetical. I'm in no way calling our WRs Deon Branchs just trying to explain a point

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I think a better way to explain is Madden.

If in Madden you have say a Def rated at 98 and an OFF rated at 88; would you draft a great Def player bringing your Def to 99 or an outstanding OFF player bringing it to 95?

You probably won't notice a huge difference in the way your Def plays. Your OFF on the other hand will be vastly better, improving your team more overall

brimsalabim

Reaction score
COR - you are forgetting that they also took a dam good OL who is going to help give those receivers time to get open.

and lets look at their pass rush from our point of view. Last season we couldn't block them. They got better with their pick. We let our starting RT go in free agency so right now they have the advantage. Hopefully JS has another rabbit in his hat.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
We still beat the Rams twice with their devastating defense. All I'm saying is I'm glad they didn't get Robinson and a franchise QB, namely Manziel, that in my opinion would have made that team on par with atleast SF maybe even us, cause Bradford is not the answer for them at QB.

We can keep hoping they think so though. Lol

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
No matter what it was known they would get two awesome players with those picks and one of them was going to be an OL player. It's not ideal that they got Donald but thank God they actually convinced themselves Bradford is worth a damn. Because a good quarterback with that team? Big trouble for us. Though I don't Manziel would be it doesn't make it so.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Oh well, at least we'll get to watch him twice every season.

I must admit I was unhappy with that pick.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
lukerguy":eo9rrzka said:
kearly":eo9rrzka said:

Let's say Seattle could spend $12m to have Revis play their nickel CB, or they could spend that same money on an All-Pro OT to play opposite Okung. Which unit is going to see the bigger improvement? Your Revis example is actually the perfect illustration of his point.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
City Of Reign":1rojul30 said:
lukerguy":1rojul30 said:
kearly":1rojul30 said:

You missed the point. Yes if we could draft a Revis it would help our secondary, but why draft a Revis when you have a WR corps full of Deon Branchs. The bigger improvement to your team would be to draft a WR. That's what Kearly is trying to say.

Edit: before some of you go all crazy I was speaking in hypothetical. I'm in no way calling our WRs Deon Branchs just trying to explain a point

Thank you for clarifying. ;)